Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Draft Talk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  

what position do we need to adress most in FA
HB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
WR
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
OL
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
DL
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LB
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

DHanes19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Pre-Draft Talk Reply with quote

Okay so as we all know the draft is going to be huge for the rams this year. And rightfully so it deserves the hype we all are giving it. But what about the month and a half we have until the draft?

We finally signed a DC thank god and now we need to focus on our on the field personnel.

QB- Bradford is our man and its his team. Theres no doubting that right now. He is finally gonna have a stable system and supporting cast so we can expect an increase in productivity.

RB- Coming out of the backfield we obviously have some issues at the moment with jacksons contract being up. Theres talk of him staying and leaving. Who knows whats going to happen. With him obviously we have our workhorse. Without him we have two backs who are capable. Richardson has shown he can run well in the NFL but who knows how he will do with an increase in carries. And Pead didnt get the chance to really show if he has any potential. So we arent too bad but we could add a solid guy through FA if a very cheap guy comes our way and we are unable to hold on to Jackson.Tashard Choice or Danny Woodhead would be my choices here. Tashard can run the ball and take the load off bradford and the rb core. Woodhead can provide the outlet that Bradford greatly needs.

TE- Kendricks is showing alot of improvement and as long as we keep him at TE and not at FB we should be pretty well off. Some mocks are showing us grabbing the first TE in the draft but i honestly view it as unneccesary.

OL- Here is our biggest problem in my opinion. If we can sure up any position we will be in very good shape. Our line improved greatly towards the end of the season and has shown that some players still have the potential to play. If we can sure up even one position through FA it will amazingly improve our draft outlook because we can go to add skill instead of having to adress immediate needs. Going after Loadholt from Minnesota seems like a good idea. Strong run blocker to the right side.

WR- this is the second most important thing the rams need to focus on. It does pain me to say it but i believe we need to go hard after keeping gibson. Along with the obvious choice of keeping Amendola. These would give bradford two targets he can always go to and would keep a second option if titus doesnt work out and we need another wide out. I also still believe in going hard after a big name guy who can give Bradford a solid #1 who he can rely on. I want Dwayne Bowe without a doubt but its much more likely to go after Greg Jennings who can be that taeget bradford goes to whenever he meeds somebody to make a big play.

DL- theres really not much to say here besides add some depth. Brong in a cheap pass rusher who can come in and make plays when Long or Quinn needs a rest. Not to much needed here.

LB- we have two of our lb spots filled and for the other spot i honestly dont see it being filled through free agency. A speedy guy like a thomas howard would be nice but its much more likely to grab that through the draft.

DB- Our corners are relatively set. We are likely to let fletcher walk which will throw johnson into a bigger role which i believe he will be able to handle. Hes played very well and will likely step up and fill out that role. Losing mikel hurts but at the same time there are a couple safetys we can bring in which can sure up that back end. My main thought would be dashon goldson from san fran. Hes great in coverage and would seal the backenf and allow our corners to get up and be physical and get in recievers heads, which they have proven that they can be very good at. Along with adding a safety in the draft we should have an amazing defense this year.

Feel free to post all thoughts. This post is for discussion not just my thoughts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would vote DB but there isnt a choice. IMO we need to get a safety FA and fill the other spots via the draft
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some nice thoughts there. Why would you want Bowe over Wallace?

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the position to font have listed? Safety lol.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Jonezy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Bowe over Wallace as well.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
DHanes19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. I did put DB but it didnt go up on the poll. I didnt even notice. And id take bowe over wallace because i feel he needs that big guy who can make catches and go up for balls over DBs instead of that quick guy who can catch and run

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safety could be what they address in FA, especially if Mikell ends up getting cut.
DHanes19

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that. I did put DB but it didnt go up on the poll. I didnt even notice. And id take bowe over wallace because i feel he needs that big guy who can make catches and go up for balls over DBs instead of that quick guy who can catch and run

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Dashon Goldson really badly. Then i want to draft Jonathen Cyrcien. Imagine those two big hitters in the back field. That would be awesome!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: