Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

George Wilson schedules visit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ramsfan22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: George Wilson schedules visit Reply with quote

George Wilson has scheduled visits with the Rams, Lions and Titans. Can someone tell me more about this guy. How good is he?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/13/george-wilson-lining-up-visits-after-bills-release/
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His play fell off midway through last season and he was essentially replaced as the starter...

I think he still has some value. He could compete for a starter spot and would provide veteran security as a 3rd safety if he didn't win the starting job. He's been interchangeable at both FS/SS in his career. He would provide good leadership and solid depth, if we do address the safety spots in the draft...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
Ryback

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
His play fell off midway through last season and he was essentially replaced as the starter...

I think he still has some value. He could compete for a starter spot and would provide veteran security as a 3rd safety if he didn't win the starting job. He's been interchangeable at both FS/SS in his career. He would provide good leadership and solid depth, if we do address the safety spots in the draft...

Agree 100% He would be a great backup with the ability to compete as a starter
Wr80

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting veteran that could really shape up a young secondary if we choose to draft one. I think he could be a starter if not really pushing our starters to be better than they are.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is being brought in to potentially start, which I don't necessarily like. Sure, he's a vast improvement over Dahl, but he lost his starting job in a relatively bad defense, and they actually performed better after that (if memory serves).

I'll be hoping for a more impactful safety signing.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'll be hoping for a more impactful safety signing.

Doubt you'll see it. Most of the true "impact" safeties are gonna be locked-up, or tagged...

I think you'll see us address it throught the draft...

IDOG_det on the sig...
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Wilson was a defensive captain and NFLPA rep with the Buffalo Bills. He didn't make as many plays this year as he had in previous campaigns and the Bills are looking to rebuild. That's why he was released.

My most recent mock had George Wilson in it. Not only does he provide additional veteran leadership, but he is an intelligent, high motor player. With all the knuckleheads we are accumulating these days, and the eventual likelihood of starting at least one rookie at safety, this move makes too much sense.

I really hope this pans out.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Wr80

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
George Wilson was a defensive captain and NFLPA rep with the Buffalo Bills. He didn't make as many plays this year as he had in previous campaigns and the Bills are looking to rebuild. That's why he was released.

My most recent mock had George Wilson in it. Not only does he provide additional veteran leadership, but he is an intelligent, high motor player. With all the knuckleheads we are accumulating these days, and the eventual likelihood of starting at least one rookie at safety, this move makes too much sense.

I really hope this pans out.

Also we can cut Mikell and save some cap from that.
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering if the Rams drafted two safeties in this years Draft. Do you think that we could make it work with restructuring Mikell contract to give us that veteran leadership for this year? Because I would be really nervous with 2 rookies at safety. And bringing Mikell back for cheap would give us good competition and depth for this year, what do you guys think, is it possible and do you think that could happen?

Halradio

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one like this move. Obviously the Rams have serious issues at the Safety position with one guy getting up there in years (Mikell) and another who is over his head as a starter (Dahl).

It is a pretty good bet Mikell will be released if Wilson signs.
yrba1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the signing, he's an upgrade over Dahl and his inability to cover a kid on a wheelchair.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are getting ahead of themselves a bit. He isn't signed, or close to with us...

It's a Free Agent visit that he's set-up. He also has two other visits scheduled before us. There is a good chance he never even makes it here...

IDOG_det on the sig...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: