Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kevin Minter and Arthur Brown?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Kevin Minter and Arthur Brown? Reply with quote

I was just thinking about something when I was bored at work and i decided to post the question and get your guys opinion. What if Kruger, Williams and Ellerbe all walk Reed Flacco McKinnie are signed and Jacoby and Boldin extended and Birk Retires now we enter the draft with a few needs BUT the way the draft works out is we draft Minter in the first and when we are on the clock in the second round Arthur Brown is still there and is the best player available would you draft him in the second or go to another position? Brown and Minter together would be beastly for years to come but at the same time that might leave some holes unfilled what do you guys think?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I would want Baltimore to pull the trigger on Brown if he was available in the 2nd round even after taking minter in the first round. The way I see is if Ellerbe signs somewhere else the Ravens will need two LBs. They might not see it that way since it seems like they're high on McClain but for the purposes of this thread I don't care about that. Pees rarely pulled either ILB off the field this season and I think a tandem of Minter and Brown is much more suited to playing all three downs than Ellerbe and Lewis were. It would be doubling up at almost the same position (I view WILB and MILB as noticeably different roles) in the first two rounds but both players would be out on the field for nearly every play. About the only thing I would't like about that is not addressing the pass-rush in the first two rounds.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ Agreed. If both players are indeed BPA than I think that you take both guys and don't think twice about it. Same with Greene if he's still on the board at the end of the 2nd round. Ellerbe is the key, if we bring him back, it would be foolish to still attack that need.

I think also important here is whether or not their is a 2nd BPA that is ranked relatively close in talent in comparison to Arthur Brown at another needed position... or not. Say Sylvester Williams somehow falls that far WITH Brown still available (same scenario), well in that case, I take Williams... even with knowing my affinity towards Brown as a player.

Honestly, I think in both cases it has to be a clear cut kind of thing. If it's close, I think the positive of addressing multiple positions outweighs the negative aspect of adding a slightly lesser prospect.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be amazing. Those two compliment each other very well. Then we'd just have to trade up in the 3rd and grab either Chris Faulk or Menelik Watson and I'd be very happy with that draft already. I'm more worried about not addressing the LT position early, than the pass rush. I think getting someone we can develop into a LT is a priority right now regardless of whether McKinnie comes back or not. I think we can find a rotational guy for the pass rush later and I liked Adrian Hamilton out of college so I have faith he could also be a situational guy. I definitely agree that you always want more pass rushers, but I just feel like the LT position is one that needs to be addressed early or you aren't going to find a guy who can be a quality starter for you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAVINGMADD wrote:
That would be amazing. Those two compliment each other very well. Then we'd just have to trade up in the 3rd and grab either Chris Faulk or Menelik Watson and I'd be very happy with that draft already. I'm more worried about not addressing the LT position early, than the pass rush. I think getting someone we can develop into a LT is a priority right now regardless of whether McKinnie comes back or not. I think we can find a rotational guy for the pass rush later and I liked Adrian Hamilton out of college so I have faith he could also be a situational guy. I definitely agree that you always want more pass rushers, but I just feel like the LT position is one that needs to be addressed early or you aren't going to find a guy who can be a quality starter for you.

I wouldn't be against going after James Harrison if the Steelers cut him. Him and Upshaw would be the killer rotation.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something I was literally just thinking about yesterday and the reason I'm becoming more in favor of making the re-signing of Reed a bigger priority over Ellerbe. Now, read what I wrote carefully. I'm not saying we shouldn't make a strong push to bring Ellerbe back next season because I think we should, in fact I'll be a little disappointed if he isn't. I just think with how deep this year's ILB class is, not to mention that we already have Bynes as well as McClain ( Not talking ) on the roster, retaining Ellerbe isn't as vital as initially thought.

Ed, however, is as we all how know a cornerstone of the Ravens franchise. Him returning, would be huge for both sides legacies. He's an exceptional leader and teammate, on and off the field, he's still a great player, but most importantly he's a Baltimore Raven, he's family. We need to make sure it stays that way forever. In addition to that, other than Matt Elam, this year's safety class is really nothing to write home about therefore replacing Ed would be a little tougher as opposed to Ellerbe.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope this doesn't work out for you Wink But it'd make for a killer draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: