Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just Signed Up STARTING WITH A MOCK!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicilian63c

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Just Signed Up STARTING WITH A MOCK!!! Reply with quote

DEPARTURE
Gregg Jennings WR
Ryan Grant RB
Donald Driver WR
Frank Zombo LB
Rob Francois LB
Jeremy Ross WR
Jermichael Finley TE
Jeff Saturday C
Cedric Benson RB
Charles Woodson SS

RESIGN
Tom Crabtree TE
Sam Shields CB
Eric Dietrich-Smith C

FREE AGENCY
NONE

Awarded 4th round comp for Flynn and 7th for Wells

DRAFT
TRADE 26(700) MIA FOR 42(480) 74(220)
2-42 Barrett Jones C Alabama
2-58 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin
3-74 D.J. Swearinger FS South Carolina
3-90 Stedman Bailey WR West Virginia
4-122 Bennie Logan DT LSU
4-cmp Kevin Riddick ILB UNC
5-154 Kwame Geathers DT Georgia
6-186 Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
7-218 Brandon Wilson FB Kansas State
7-cmp Caleb Sturgis K Florida[/img]
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to FF!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS!!
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to FF! Rules: Justo is an idiot and loves TEs. Wink

Not too bad. A round early for Ball IMO. Okay with Jones at that slot. Like Swearinger, almost had him in my last mock. Not sure Stedman fits qhat we wanna do at WR. We have a better version in Cobb. Late rounds are solid.

Don't like cutting either Finley or Woody. Restructure Woody. Finley was an elite TE in the 2nd half.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Welcome to FF! Rules: Justo is an idiot and loves TEs. Wink
Basically. Welcome to the site.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of the picks, but I don't like Ball in the second round. I just don't think he's special.

Don't we already have a Swearinger type in McMillian?

Content with the rest.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
I like most of the picks, but I don't like Ball in the second round. I just don't think he's special.

Content with the rest.

The fit often means more than the talent at RB though. I agree that there is very little that's "special" in Ball. But there sure is much to like about that young man fit in hand. Easy read also. Ya know what you are going to get there and you have seen him play in weather.

And yes, Swearinger is a McMillian clone IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:

Content with the rest.

I like Swearinger a great deal more than McMillian. I'd put him as the #1 safety in this class, I don't think he makes it to the 3rd round. I think the only place their game is similar is the ability to make receivers fear going over the middle, but Swearinger was the leader of an SEC defense and has to polish and athletic ability to succeed right away in the NFL. McMillian is a project. I see more range than a lot of people give DJ credit for, I was happy to see NFL.com come out with him as one of their top couple of safeties, I think only Vacarro and Reid were above him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
persiandud wrote:

Content with the rest.

I like Swearinger a great deal more than McMillian. I'd put him as the #1 safety in this class, I don't think he makes it to the 3rd round. I think the only place their game is similar is the ability to make receivers fear going over the middle, but Swearinger was the leader of an SEC defense and has to polish and athletic ability to succeed right away in the NFL. McMillian is a project. I see more range than a lot of people give DJ credit for, I was happy to see NFL.com come out with him as one of their top couple of safeties, I think only Vacarro and Reid were above him.

Dude, no way.
SE500

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had me with Jones in the 2nd.
Then you lost me with Ball in the 2nd.

Nice enough, I'd personally like a higher thought of tech 5 DE early. But, it's your mock. Way to early for Ball, and that's if you like the fit for your team.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
You had me with Jones in the 2nd.
Then you lost me with Ball in the 2nd.

Nice enough, I'd personally like a higher thought of tech 5 DE early. But, it's your mock. Way to early for Ball, and that's if you like the fit for your team.

Montee Ball is only a slight reach in the 2nd round. I've seen mocks with him in the 2nd and all the way to the 4th so who knows. You get rid of Finley but don't pick a TE until late. Last time I checked the Packers did not have any real good pass catching TE's behind Finley so you leave a huge hole to fill. If Finley goes it forces TT to either sign a veteran TE or draft one much earlier than you have. I also don't believe the Packers will go safety unless they pick one very high because I don't think either McMillan or Jennings played all that bad and I can only assume both will improve.
cooters22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your team has Montee Ball with a 2nd round grade and he is BPA or close, then grab him. This guys is a nice runner, and will be very good in the the screen pass department. I personally would love this guy in the 2nd round.
cooters22

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very intrigued by both of your DT's/NG's that you have us taking in this draft. Both offer next to nothing in the pass rush department, but would upgrade our run defense day 1. Both would be great players to backup Pickett and Raji, and would be good 1st and 2nd down players in a rotation. As of right now, I'd love to two guys at those selection positions. Neither guys use there hands as much as I'd like, but I think that can be taught. THEY look so good on some plays by creating a push back and cause a clog at the line<
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montee Ball might still be there in the 3rd round, possibly 4th, so I think you reached for him a bit. I'd rather we take Gio Bernard or Eddie Lacy with the 58th pick if either one of those guys are available there (I could maybe see Gio being there at #58, but probably not Lacy TBH), also Bennie Logan might not last until the 4th, and Fauria may be taken in the 4th or 5th round (though I guess it's possible he could dip into the 6th round), but the rest looks good. IDK if Geathers will last until the 5th round, though, he might still be there in the mid-to-late 4th round, but I don't see him lasting much longer than that. Nice mock, though, one of the better ones that I've seen on here. Wink If those guys fell at their respective spots in this mock, I'd be all for taking them with said picks (though preferably swap Ball for Gio or Lacy in the late 2nd if at all possible), I don't see it happening, though.

As for free agents, I know it's not TT's MO (usually, anyway), but I actually could see him signing Richard Seymour in the offseason, since Worthy might not play at all next year unfortunately, and we might be able to get him relatively cheap with his age. If this happens, I'll be a happy camper. I know he'll never break the bank for a high-priced free agent (in other words, no Henry Melton, as much as I would love it if he came here), but I could see him doing this, especially if Worthy's injury situation continues to look bleak heading into TC. Please make it happen, Ted.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: