Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Post

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DHanes19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: First Post Reply with quote

Hey so ive been actively reading on this site for a while now but havent had the chance to post due to never making an account and then a delay in having my account activated but id like to give you guys my opinion on how our front office should handle the first couple of rounds in this years draft. I strongly believe in Fishers ability to straighten out players so i believe Young will have at minimum a decent year for us with problems kept to a minimum which will allow us to focus on other positions earlier in the draft. my first few rounds would have to go like this

16th overall: Chance Warmack(if he drops) if not then i say we snag Vaccaro here and stengthen our back end so that janoris and finnegan can play their preferred press defense without having to worry so much about no back end help. along with hopefully adding a safety through FA

22nd overall: Vaccaro if available and not taken with our first pick of the round. if he isnt on the board or we already took him then i believe that Barret Jones would be our best possible pick here.

46th overall: i think our best option here is to go with another wide reciever in order to keep the outside stable and open up the inside for either titus or amendola, whoever if playing the slot at the moment. Here i would really like to look at maybe Robert Woods coming out of USC or even going to another offensive linemen if we cant grab a good WR without reaching too deep. id also consider grabbing Kyle Long, that would definitly solidify bradfords protection and hopefully allow him to show what he really could be. ill be posting again to go more into depth.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love Barrett Jones, but I'd be surprised if he went in the first round.

On another note, this is one of the better first posts I've seen.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
DHanes19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

Thanks. But at the same time look at whats going to be coming off of the board in the beginning of the second round. Barret would be gone by the time wr get back to the board.And with his unique ability to play any position on the line can a team whos started how many combinations at oline really pass up that kind of taleny?
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DHanes19 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Thanks. But at the same time look at whats going to be coming off of the board in the beginning of the second round. Barret would be gone by the time wr get back to the board.And with his unique ability to play any position on the line can a team whos started how many combinations at oline really pass up that kind of taleny?

Another thing to watch is if Jones's injury healed correctly, if it didn't we'll hear concerns from teams during medical evaluations at the combine. Lisfranc injuries shouldn't be taken lightly.
DHanes19

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats true. If his rehab all goes well i believe he is well worth a first round pick though. Hes got amazing talent. And we can stick him wherever we need help
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about taking Warmack and Jones in the first round. Thats would be 2 interior offensive lineman with our 1st round picks (though I know you said Vacarro, if he is there). I think if we grab Warmack, we don't consider another interior linemen until much later.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I believe tackle is more of a need than guard. Johnson at 16, if he's there, would be best imo. With the Skins pick, I am not sure where they may go. Vaccaro probably won't be there, and if he is I am not so sure I want him there. Woods in the second would be a nice pick-up. I hope we target Fauria and Franklin in rounds 4 and 5.

Then again, everything changes with free agency. If we lose Amendola and pick up nobody, then I would hope 2 of the first 3 picks go to WR.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
RamsFan24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome DHanes19, not bad for your first mock man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: