Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quick Ravens Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Quick Ravens Mock Draft Reply with quote

Here's a quick mock I threw together. Let me know what you guys think.

Major offseason moves
re-sign Flacco
re-sign Ellerbe
re-sign McKinnie to highly incentive-laden contract
Reed and Birk come back for another year
2nd round tender for Pitta
etc.

Draft
R#1 MLB Arthur Brown Kansas State
Love his instincts and athleticism. He's undersized and he originally signed with Miami before he transferred to Kansas State so I like the Ray Lewis similarities.
R#2 OT Menelik Watson Florida State
Very raw, but ideal frame and athleticism for a LT
R#3 DE/OLB Lavar Edwards LSU
Versatile defensive player that could play either DE or OLB. Even played some NT at LSU. Didn't get much playing time behind Mingo and Montgomery, but could be a steal.
R#4 FS Robert Lester Alabama
Had 8 int's his sophomore year playing the center field role. Could learn for a year under Ed Reed and become a nice replacement.
R#4(comp) CB Nickell Robey USC
Undersized, but tackles well and has great athleticism and ball skills
R#5 WR Brandon Kaufman Eastern Washington
Small school prospect that dominated lower level of competition, but has great size and reliable hands.
R#5(comp) TE Michael Williams Alabama
Love his size and versatility.
R#6 FB/LB Zach Boren Ohio State
Nice versatility to play FB or LB and could be a great special teams player
R#6(comp) DT A.J. Francis Maryland
Hometown guy with experience as a 3-4 NT.
R#6(comp) OG Blaize Foltz TCU
Great size and strength
R#7 RB Robbie Rouse Fresno State
Undersized, but he's a playmaker that could be used like a Darren Sproles

Est. Depth Chart

Offense

QB: Joe Flacco, Tyrod Taylor
RB: Ray Rice, Bernard Pierce, Bobby Rainey, Anthony Allen, Robbie Rouse
FB: Vonta Leach, Zach Boren
TE: Dennis Pitta, Michael Williams
WR: Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones, Deonte Thompson
WR: Anquan Boldin, Tandon Doss, Brandon Kaufman, Tommy Streeter
LT: Bryant McKinnie, Menelik Watson
LG: Kelechi Osemele, Blaize Foltz
C: Matt Birk, Gino Gradkowski
RG: Marshal Yanda,
RT: Michael Oher, Jah Reid, Ramon Harewood

Defense
DT: Haloti Ngata, Deangelo Tyson
NT: Terrence Cody, A.J. Francis
DE: Arthur Jones, Pernell McPhee
ROLB: Terrell Suggs, Albert McClellan, Adrian Hamilton
WILB: Dannell Ellerbe, Jameel McClain
MLB: Arthur Brown, Josh Bynes
LOLB: Courtney Upshaw, Lavar Edwards
CB: Lardarius Webb, Corey Graham, Nickell Robey
CB: Jimmy Smith, Chykie Brown, Asa Jackson
FS: Ed Reed, Christian Thompson, Robert Lester
SS: Bernard Pollard, James Ihedigbo

Thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Bolden and Jones come back ( which I think will happen) don't think Ravens would draft another WR (especially in the mid-rounds) I also think the Ravens should trade up to take A.J. Klein or Nico Johnson in the 3rd or 4th rounds ( because of the uncertianity of McClain being ready to go and the extra comp picks they have this year) and also take an DL earlier like B Logan or S Williams. But overall I like your mock.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Arthur Brown in the first. He's athletic and fast. I'd expand on the pick, but it seems everybody is plugging him into their mocks. I'm sort of on overboard with the guy right now. Laughing

Menelik Watson is someone that I wasn't familiar with before you listed him here... and after looking at his tape and reading up on him... I have to say that you could've just picked a steal in the draft. Obviously after the combine he'll probably shoot up boards, but at this point, he's a midrounder. With our need for a LT and with Oher's ability to potentially play LT if we need him too. I like our ability to take Watson high in the draft and develop him. Honestly, when you said 'developmental' tackle and put him in the 2nd round... I shook my head. But upon further research and giving the guy a chance, he is very intriguing, I admit.

Same circumstance with Lavar Edwards. He's another potential guy. That being said, I think it just might be a little too much 'potential' to start off in this draft and not enough 'producers/overachievers'.

Robert Lester is an interesting pick. Not sure he drops that far though.

Nickell Robey is a guy that stood out on tape when I watched McDonald so without taking a further look at him, I have to think that he's pretty a pretty good option.

Not familiar with Kaufman, but he's another 'potential' guy.

Williams is a guy that has shown up on a lot of Ravens mock drafts with the obvious Alabama connection. I'd be happy with him as our blocking TE. He looked impressive when I saw him on tape and during the games I've seen.

Not familiar with Boren. Like Francis as an option. Like Foltz. And Rouse is another name that I'm not familiar with at this point.

I'd give this draft a B+... it's a little too much 'potential' based for my tastes, but it has a lot of potential to really take off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown is always a nice pick in the first round. There's a bit too much projection with Watson that high for my tastes but I think that's about the range he goes in anyways. Keep in mind he's also a couple of years older than the average college senior (even though he declared as a junior) so he has somewhat less of a shelf-life in terms of how long a team should be willing to wait on him to develop.

I really don't like the Edwards pick. That's pretty much all projection at that point and it seems really high for him. Lester is meh. I think out of all the guys on the talented Crimson Tide defenses the last couple of years he was the one that benefited the most from the talent around him and isn't as good as he's advertised to be.

I'm not too familiar with Robey but from what I've seen he's meh. Undersized might not be a strong enough word to describe him. He's listed at 5'8 165 and that's tough to swallow. Kaufman is an alright value but the team can only have so many developmental receivers before.

Williams is a nice pick as a blocking TE. Boren wouldn't be bad either. They haven't taken a later round core special teams player in a while. The last three picks look good.

Overall I would be somewhat happy with the mock. The second and third round picks leave a bit to be desired in my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: