Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Favorite Play Nomination RUNOFF
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Favorite Play Of The Season
Fail Mary
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
Kam Bam, Thank You Ma'am
56%
 56%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 23

Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:
I voted Fail Mary! Mr. Green

I am pretty sure there are people on other forums voting for Kam Bam, so that Fail Mary doesn't make it. It seems like the majority of the hawks fan base is for fail mary Laughing

Yep.... Looks like fail mary won't make it. I would've picked the Pats game over Kam Bam anyways. But that's just me.
Why? The Chancellor hit had so much more impact, it set the tone for the rest of the game and helped make it such a dominant performance. Which gave the team all the momentum in the world heading into the playoffs and really put the team on everyone's radar.
I agree with all that... but the throw to Rice won that game, it didn't just set the tone. It also started the whole idea of us being true contenders.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

I am pretty sure there are people on other forums voting for Kam Bam, so that Fail Mary doesn't make it. It seems like the majority of the hawks fan base is for fail mary Laughing

Yep.... Looks like fail mary won't make it. I would've picked the Pats game over Kam Bam anyways. But that's just me.
Why? The Chancellor hit had so much more impact, it set the tone for the rest of the game and helped make it such a dominant performance. Which gave the team all the momentum in the world heading into the playoffs and really put the team on everyone's radar.

If we're talking impact, then the Pats game throw had much more. That throw basically stated "yes, even when our defense and running game has an off day, we CAN pass with the big boys!!!". We even came from behind in that game, against the PATRIOTS. That was a big day, and that TD pass to Rice was the cherry on top. It fully deserves to be here.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

If we're talking impact, then the Pats game throw had much more. That throw basically stated "yes, even when our defense and running game has an off day, we CAN pass with the big boys!!!". We even came from behind in that game, against the PATRIOTS. That was a big day, and that TD pass to Rice was the cherry on top. It fully deserves to be here.
We lost the following two games after beating them. What does that prove?

We blew out Arizona and Buffalo then beat down on San Fran when no one expected that result. It was 14-0 with the 9ers about to score when Kam delivered that hit. It made a statement that the team wasn't backing down and shut the door on them the rest of the game and through the end of the season.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

We blew out Arizona and Buffalo then beat down on San Fran when no one expected that result. It was 14-0 with the 9ers about to score when Kam delivered that hit. It made a statement that the team wasn't backing down and shut the door on them the rest of the game and through the end of the season.

The Pats game showed that our offense had finally come alive. While that hit was a big momentum changer, the Pats game was a whole lot more, when we proved we didn't have to rely on the defense to win the game all the time.
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
chpjns15 wrote:

The Pats game showed that our offense had finally come alive. While that hit was a big momentum changer, the Pats game was a whole lot more, when we proved we didn't have to rely on the defense to win the game all the time.
Come alive? Then get shut out by SF the following Thursday? And not be able to outscore the Lions?

chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a bummer that there wasn't a worthy play from the Bears game, because that was undisputedly the game where our season turned around.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does everyone think about this play in the Phins game?

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Highlight-Sidney-Rice-26-yard-catch/cec127e0-8f9b-4deb-85d4-c702d041bd31

Not too bad. Russell had another one like that in the Falcons game.....
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Highlight-Sidney-Rice-26-yard-catch/cec127e0-8f9b-4deb-85d4-c702d041bd31

You really need to make a new account and make the name MajorRussellFanboy

SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chpjns15 wrote:
Its a bummer that there wasn't a worthy play from the Bears game, because that was undisputedly the game where our season turned around.
When I think of that game I think of when Mike Rob ran over Tim Jennings.

TheDudeAbides

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voted for Kam.

The Fail Mary... wait... make that the Hail Maybe simply gave the perfect tag line that the Football World wanted in order to wrap up the Officials' Strike story. The play itself wasn't as impressive to me - especially since it was just Tate trying to amend his earlier boneheaded swat-down of a sure TD to Rice. Golden barely broke even for that game, heh.

One argument for it, however, would be that it will be spoken about for years to come... Kam's hit will just get replaced by any one of a few similar hits our D will lay out next season. And the next...

TommyC376 on the Sig
MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

So because I think he's a good QB and that he made a good play, I'm a major Russell fanboy? Look, I get it, I do freaking love Russell Wilson, but I am staying pretty realistic here. I have plenty of advanced stats to back up my arguments, and I do admit that Russell did not deserve ROY, maybe not even his pro bowl spot. Still, why bash me over it? I am a Seahawk fan, and I am not posting to please you....
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

So because I think he's a good QB and that he made a good play, I'm a major Russell fanboy? Look, I get it, I do freaking love Russell Wilson, but I am staying pretty realistic here. I have plenty of advanced stats to back up my arguments, and I do admit that Russell did not deserve ROY, maybe not even his pro bowl spot. Still, why bash me over it? I am a Seahawk fan, and I am not posting to please you....
I think he did deserve ROY. Every Seahawk fan thinks he's a good QB except for one poster who doesn't post anymore. You are crowning him after a year and saying he's our best player. It took Sherman, Earl, Okung, AND Lynch two years of consistent play to be where they are on the list.

Look at Derek Anderson and that year he had and how he fell off the following.

MARIO MANGELINI

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:
SupeRG00F wrote:
MARIO MANGELINI wrote:

I think he did deserve ROY. Every Seahawk fan thinks he's a good QB except for one poster who doesn't post anymore. You are crowning him after a year and saying he's our best player. It took Sherman, Earl, Okung, AND Lynch two years of consistent play to be where they are on the list.

Look at Derek Anderson and that year he had and how he fell off the following.

I just think he's gonna become our best player. He's improving so fast, I don't think you should write him off so quickly. I guess we should wait for him to have another good season. Still, he was playing like a top 3 QB at the end of the season. And no, he didn't deserve ROY, RG3 was a lot more consistent. Factor in playoffs and sure, but other than that no.

I'm just really excited to watch Russell Wilson play again...
Tooki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody is writing off Russell Wilson, I and many others just want to see more consistent production before statements like 'Best player' are mentioned.

Richard Sherman is getting to the point of consensus #2CB in the league, Russell Wilson isn't even close to that point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: