Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General News - Buc's Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:
ABucNBradenton wrote:
I would not be happy. Harvin is a selfish player. His attitude and his "headaches" are not worth it.

Can you please give some examples of him being selfish.

He had a huge blowup with coach Frazier, which is why the Vikings are willing to trade him. He's a distraction in the lockerroom. He's talented but his ego gets in the way. Not happy about his contract, but he's not on the field enough to warrant top tier money the way he wants to be paid.

There is no way this is happening. Look, it's all good in FFMD, but realistically, no way we're going to pay our top 3 WRs 7 mil, 7-10 mil, and 11 mil per year.

Not sure how you say there is no way this is happening. I understand we have other needs and wouldn't push this to far but when you have a chance to get one of the most explosive players regardless of position in the NFL you do it.

Ya he blew up on the coach, do we know what it was about? Do others not fight with coaches? Do others not fight with others from their own team? He might not be a Schiano guy but I hope Mark is at least picking up the phone. If the team is worried about his claimed character concerns I would think Jackson would do wonders with him.

Take a few minutes and read through the threads in the Minny section. I don't think there is one guy that wants him gone.

You're also not putting in the fact he wants to get paid like a top tier wr. Cannot afford him with the extension of Williams looming. We need to also evaluate future cap space. U really think in 2 years guys like David and Martin won't cost us a pretty penny?

The only place harvin lands in Tampa is on madden 2013.

With the cap floor rule coming into effect this offseason we are going to be forced to spend 89% of our cap. The 2013 cap should be right around $121 million so we are going to need to spend rouhgly $108 million in 2013 salaries. As it stands right now we have $90.3 committed to 2013. That means that we are going to be forced to spend at least another $18 million in new money for 2013 and that number will be closer to $30 million after we cut Wright and Black. We have to spend the money somehow.

We are one of the few teams out there that can actually afford Harvin. Would Dom/Schiano make that move? I don't know, but we can surely afford him. Even with Mike Williams extension looming.

VJax, Nicks, Penn and Joseph are our only big contracts that hit future seasons (I don't count Wright and Black because they are almost certain to be cut this offseason). We are in really good shape cap wise.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People that want to dump Koenen and his salary may get their wish.

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/article-1/Bucs-Add-Punter-Chas-Henry/1cb228a5-831e-4f65-a78a-926d19bb4f89

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed second-year punter Chas Henry, a former All-American at the University of Florida and the Philadelphia Eagles' punter for the entire 2011 season.

This should make the UF fans in here very happy.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be just as good as Keonen. And not cost us millions.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
He will be just as good as Keonen. And not cost us millions.

Yep. Agreed
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6601/mason-foster

Quote:
Beat writer Roy Cummings has a gut feeling that the Bucs are thinking of moving Mason Foster to strong-side linebacker.

Te'o anyoone Very Happy

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Beat writer Roy Cummings has a gut feeling that the Bucs are thinking of moving Mason Foster to strong-side linebacker.

Te'o anyoone Very Happy

Hell no. Anyone but him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Te'o anyoone Very Happy

Hell no. Anyone but him.

Haha just joking!

Interesting though. I know a few of us mocked a backer being picked in the second round, maybe not to far off. Foster played solid last year but at times struggled against the run.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were looking to go middle linebacker at some point in the draft, that would be ok, but definitely not in the first, and DEFINITELY not Teo. Head case, as we all know. Aaaaaaand he's not really that good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your guys thoughts on Bostic and Mauti? Personally I love both of them. They both have great instincts at the linebacker position. I think both first round LB prospect are overrated(Te'O and Ogletree) Especially Ogletree.

garbage
RedCoat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
If we were looking to go middle linebacker at some point in the draft, that would be ok, but definitely not in the first, and DEFINITELY not Teo. Head case, as we all know. Aaaaaaand he's not really that good.
Your joking right..!?!

I'm not sure MLB is the way to go at #13, but if we did, Te'o would definitely be the right pick.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedCoat wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Your joking right..!?!

I'm not sure MLB is the way to go at #13, but if we did, Te'o would definitely be the right pick.

Getting run over about 15 times by Eddie Lacy was enough for me. That, combined with his beautiful girlfriend, are hopefully enough to bump this overrated guy down draft boards.

Underwhelming athletically as well.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foster is fine. He wasn't consistently dominant week in and week out but he was very good for most of the year. David was garbage in pass defense and Foster was much better in that regard, granted, he had smaller sample size of snaps on 3rd down.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look out for Gerald Hodges. He's a Bowman clone. Similar playing Style. Could play all lb positions. Fast with fluid hips and good in coverage.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
RedCoat wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Your joking right..!?!

Getting run over about 15 times by Eddie Lacy was enough for me. That, combined with his beautiful girlfriend, are hopefully enough to bump this overrated guy down draft boards.

Underwhelming athletically as well.

X2 don't want Teo on this team
scottonatable

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think if we got either BOSTIC in the 4th or later it would be a steal or if we waited longer and drafted Vince Williams very underrated linebacker

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 18 of 100

Jump to: