Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Blue Chip Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
byzr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the word inexplicably was used so i like it......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleacher Report (I know its Bleacher Report) had Brad Jones as a higher free agent signing than Greg Jennings. Why, becuase Jones did a good job filling in and got better as the year went along and Jennings is questionable if he is a #1 or #2 WR, and he has a recent injury history. I actually agree with some of that so Jennings is not that guaranteed tag and trade much like Flynn wasn't that guaranteed tag and trade and thank god the Packers didn't tag Flynn. I think Brad Jones goes and Greg Jennings goes and I expect Rodgers to be extended this offseason, so the money isn't there. I do agree TT will go after Steven Jackson if some team doesn't overpay him. I like your draft though I doubt some of those guys will be there where you have the Packers picking them - but the positions you address are spot on.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Rambo having a bunch of off the field issues is exactly why I had him going to us towards the end of the third. I think he's a solid player. I know we want a rangy FS type of safety but this draft is slim pickings for that kind of player. Rambo has some playmaking ability, and playmakers on your defense mean turnovers for my man Aaron Rodgers to capitalize on.

I don't think Matt Scott is terrible at that spot, and I think he shows more potential than Graham Harrell.

Woods is one of my favorite receivers in this draft, but yeah, I agree. Getting him in the third would be perfect.

I understand the Rambo thing. I just think that TT avoids him altogether because of it. I too hate the FS class this year as well. I really think we should've addressed it last season or the season before but outside of Alex Green, who do you really switch out from the past two drafts. I mean last year's draft might be one of our best yet IMO.

It's that that Scott is a bad player at all; that's not my argument at all. It's just that we don't need another QB. We drafted BJ Coleman last year and Harrell just might get traded to be honest with you idk. However, we have two capable QB's behind Rodgers. If it were me, I would've gotten rid of Harrell after the last preseason game, but given the way our team functions, I just don't see us drafting or signing another QB until one is released/traded/injured.
packattack86

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where Ansah would fit on our defense? Is he a 5 tech? Seems more like an OLB, and we just invested a pick in Nick Perry who I really like. If GB trades up it needs to be for a safety like Vaccaro or a D-Lineman they love. Don't get me wrong I like Ansah but I don't think he fits.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
I'm not sure where Ansah would fit on our defense? Is he a 5 tech? Seems more like an OLB, and we just invested a pick in Nick Perry who I really like. If GB trades up it needs to be for a safety like Vaccaro or a D-Lineman they love. Don't get me wrong I like Ansah but I don't think he fits.

I think he could play 5 tech, he's listed at 274 per CBS so I'd want him with his hand in the ground. He'd need to add some more weight but I feel comfortable with him as our RE.
packattack86

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

I think he could play 5 tech, he's listed at 274 per CBS so I'd want him with his hand in the ground. He'd need to add some more weight but I feel comfortable with him as our RE.

As long as he can hold up at the POA he would be a great 5 tech pass rusher. if that's the case I would love that pick.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
As long as he can hold up at the POA he would be a great 5 tech pass rusher. if that's the case I would love that pick.

Which he really wouldn't be able to do, ESPECIALLY in our nickel D.

Sig brought to you by Justo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: