Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ILB Ravens 2013 Draft Poll (Post Combine)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Projected ILB Would Provide the Best Value
Kevin Minter ILB LSU rJr 6-1 245
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
Manti Te'o ILB Notre Dame Sr 6-2 255
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
Jon Bostic ILB Florida Sr 6-1 246
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nico Johnson ILB Alabama Sr 6-2 249
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Kiko Alonso ILB Oregon rSr 6-3 242
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Kevin Reddick ILB North Carolina Sr 6-2 246
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
A.J. Klein ILB Iowa State Sr 6-1 246
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Vince Williams ILB Florida State rSr 6-1 247
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Arthur Brown ILB Kansas State rSr 6-1 228
40%
 40%  [ 11 ]
Khaseem Greene
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Alec Ogletree
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
hemm68 wrote:
No manti teo love? I'm sorry buy if he's available he's my pick.

- Violation of forum rules -

mcdni this is a friendly warning. This forum does not tolerate that kind of slander. If I see you mention this or something along these lines again, I will issue an official warning and send the contents of this post (which I'm about to edit out) along with that of a future post to Webby.

Forum Rules wrote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the liberty of adding a few of the names already discussed here... not that it affects who I vote for. This is old hat by now. I like Arthur Brown here.

I think Brown and Greene look to have the best values in this class from the ILB position. As of right now both seem to vary on where different websites have them going. Scott Wright has Brown ranked about right, ranked #32 on his big board and probably going somewhere in the early 2nd, but other websites have him dropping as late as the early 3rd. When it's all said and done, he probably goes in the same area as Bobby Wagner last year, I'd think.

Greene seems to be looked at by most places to be in that mid to late 2nd area... and if he can be had with the 64th pick in the draft, honestly that's a steal and arguably best value you could get for the position in this draft (unless Brown falls that far) or unless Klein falls to the end of the 3rd. Speaking of, I'm also a believer in Klein and him being worthy of a 2nd round pick as well, he's my 5th rated ILB in this class just behind Greene and Te'O. Klein is going to be a steal for someone.

My ILB rankings is as follows:
1. Arthur Brown- speed is insane
2. Kevin Minter- As strong as Hightower, as fast as Jerod Mayo
3a. Khaseem Greene- Great speed, great coverage, developing nice instincts.
3b. Manti Te'O- Great in just about all of the facets listed above... but probably less upside.

5. AJ Klein- Comparable to Te'O/Greene as a talent IMO... but his resume is a little less full.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
mcdni wrote:
hemm68 wrote:

mcdni this is a friendly warning. This forum does not tolerate that kind of slander. If I see you mention this or something along these lines again, I will issue an official warning and send the contents of this post (which I'm about to edit out) along with that of a future post to Webby.

Forum Rules wrote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

I would like to officially apologise for that one. My bad.

In nicer terms, I don't think I really want any part of the Teo circus on the Ravens. It's going to be hard enough for any ILB to come into the Ravens locker room and try to be the one to "replace" Ray Lewis without having the baggage that Teo is carrying so I only hope that a team above us takes him and another ILB falls to our pick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think the Te'o stuff would be much of a distraction, as long as he came into the league and played well.

If he's good, no one cares about a fake girlfriend story (it's not really controversial enough to keep getting headlines), and if he's bad then he's going to get criticised regardless.

I doubt he's there at the end of the first round anyway. While there are a fair few good ILBs in the draft, there are also a fair few teams who will want them.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I think the team would take something like the polarization of Te'O and use it to inspire them. This is a team that has always used "haters" as motivation. So you now put a guy like Te'O into their huddle and suddenly he becomes one of theirs. Suggs and Reed now considers him one of their pupils. So now the media and fan hate he might receive would only propel them to do greater things as a team. The only reason I might be down for selecting Te'O over the guys I favor more is that extra level of motivation he ought to feel once the haters start hating... And in terms of where he falls, I honestly think he fumbles some down the draft due to teams sharing similar opinions about not understanding him or how he might fit into their locker room. I think the stronger locker rooms however won't care. They'll scratch it off to a dumb mistake and take him as the impact player that they know they're going to be getting.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
mcdni wrote:
hemm68 wrote:

Forum Rules wrote:

I would like to officially apologise for that one. My bad.

In nicer terms, I don't think I really want any part of the Teo circus on the Ravens. It's going to be hard enough for any ILB to come into the Ravens locker room and try to be the one to "replace" Ray Lewis without having the baggage that Teo is carrying so I only hope that a team above us takes him and another ILB falls to our pick.

We've talked all year that if by some miracle Teo were to fall to us he would be our pick. I wont call it a miracle but there's a chance he falls to us now. If he does hands down he's my pick. If he doesn't I'd happy with datone Jones or Elam with #32 and then picking the best ILb to fall in range. Hopefully Arthur brown.

Any baggage with teo doesn't worry me in the slightest. This franchise wont have it.
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemm68 wrote:

We've talked all year that if by some miracle Teo were to fall to us he would be our pick. I wont call it a miracle but there's a chance he falls to us now. If he does hands down he's my pick. If he doesn't I'd happy with datone Jones or Elam with #32 and then picking the best ILb to fall in range. Hopefully Arthur brown.

Any baggage with teo doesn't worry me in the slightest. This franchise wont have it.

Even with his "baggage", I still don't think Te'o makes it to us. Hopefully that just means that Brown or Minter will. Although, with the comp picks, I wouldn't mind seeing us trade up for him if we can get away with something like our 1st, 4th and 5th for something in the 20's. He's still the best ILB prospect out there, but Brown is pretty close with more speed and I think Minter will be good too so I think we are in good shape either way. I also wouldn't mind seeing us look at A.J. Klein or Jon Bostic in the second or third if we miss out on those guys so I guess trading up for Te'o would probably be an unnecessary luxury, but it would be a nice steal to get him that late.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemm68 wrote:

Speak for yourself buddy. I've been driving this Arthur Brown bandwagon virtually all year. Razz

But yeah, I've made it know for quite some time now that I think it'd be foolish to move up for Te'O. This is one of the deepest ILB classes I've ever seen. Sure its stacked with a few names that I don't like, but as long as other teams are enamored with the potential of those guys (Ogletree) then it can only make the board fall in our favor. We're going to get a very talented ILB- most likely. So I'd prefer we just be patient and see how the board falls.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Manti Te'O... here's the Te'O- Katie Couric interview remixed... this is flipping hilarious! Why, Why, Manti? Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
hemm68 wrote:

Speak for yourself buddy. I've been driving this Arthur Brown bandwagon virtually all year. Razz

But yeah, I've made it know for quite some time now that I think it'd be foolish to move up for Te'O. This is one of the deepest ILB classes I've ever seen. Sure its stacked with a few names that I don't like, but as long as other teams are enamored with the potential of those guys (Ogletree) then it can only make the board fall in our favor. We're going to get a very talented ILB- most likely. So I'd prefer we just be patient and see how the board falls.

Haha fair enough chief. Just to make myself clear. I don't want anything to do with trading up but if Te'o falls to us at 32 then I'm all for it. My ideal situation would be a draft with Jones/Elam, brown, and that Williams from the senior bowl not named sly. Sure would inject some talent and versatility in that roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: