Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jerry Jones Article
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Jerry Jones Article Reply with quote

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/02/11/13/Jerry-Jones-needs-to-get-over-himself/msn_landing.html?blockID=862189&feedID=4519

This pretty much sums up just about everything some of us "doubters" have been saying since the end of the 2012 season. Now I haven't been discussing the whole "puppet on a string " thing when it comes to Jones and Garrett (or any other head coach for that matter), but it seems completely obvious to me, Mr. Mosely and Troy Aikman, that this teamis royally screwed because of their owner.

No one is saying there isn't talent on this team. What I am saying, and have been for a while now, is that this team needs to address some key positions like O line and D line and in a BIG way this offseason.

But I believe Mr Mosley is correct, the owner just loves doing what he thinks will work and undermind anyone with a higher football IQ than his, say, like a bullfrog's. He cannot be bothered with the obvious chnages that need to be made because that would take an incredible amount of accountability on his part to admit he screwed up in the first place.

Anyway, read it and weep.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s amazing given how easy it is to be critical of Jones is, that so many ‘journalist’ fail to make a decent argument. “And I think we need more age on the defensive staff." LMAO. Is that really a view point? I am no major fan of Kiffin – but you can’t see any reason to fire Ryan and bring him in? No clearly the only thing we should focus on is his age. Lololol

“I still think Jerry was almost trying to shame Garrett into quitting, but Princeton men have been trained not to leave $8 million on the table.”
Ha! If Jerry wanted Redball gone – he would be gone. Jerry is not a gentle and subtle man. He is a business tycoon. You don’t get to where he is at by hoping that someone will act – you compel others to act in a manner you want.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Jerry Jones Article Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/02/11/13/Jerry-Jones-needs-to-get-over-himself/msn_landing.html?blockID=862189&feedID=4519

This pretty much sums up just about everything some of us "doubters" have been saying since the end of the 2012 season. Now I haven't been discussing the whole "puppet on a string " thing when it comes to Jones and Garrett (or any other head coach for that matter), but it seems completely obvious to me, Mr. Mosely and Troy Aikman, that this teamis royally screwed because of their owner.

No one is saying there isn't talent on this team. What I am saying, and have been for a while now, is that this team needs to address some key positions like O line and D line and in a BIG way this offseason.

But I believe Mr Mosley is correct, the owner just loves doing what he thinks will work and undermind anyone with a higher football IQ than his, say, like a bullfrog's. He cannot be bothered with the obvious chnages that need to be made because that would take an incredible amount of accountability on his part to admit he screwed up in the first place.

Anyway, read it and weep.

Mosley is right, and we all know that he's right. Plenty of folks here will still keep their heads buried in the sand and deny everything under the sun because they refuse to accept the truth in front of them, but the proof is in the pudding. Just look at how our team has been run over the last 18 or so years. It tells us all we need to know.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
It’s amazing given how easy it is to be critical of Jones is, that so many ‘journalist’ fail to make a decent argument. “And I think we need more age on the defensive staff." LMAO. Is that really a view point? I am no major fan of Kiffin – but you can’t see any reason to fire Ryan and bring him in? No clearly the only thing we should focus on is his age. Lololol

“I still think Jerry was almost trying to shame Garrett into quitting, but Princeton men have been trained not to leave $8 million on the table.”
Ha! If Jerry wanted Redball gone – he would be gone. Jerry is not a gentle and subtle man. He is a business tycoon. You don’t get to where he is at by hoping that someone will act – you compel others to act in a manner you want.

Jerry doesn't terminate contracts of players or coaches whom he still owes a lot of money to. He'll cling to it because he'd rather get something for that money rather than nothing. He's always been that way.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well theres nothing we can do about it anyways, unless someone wants to pony up the money to buy the team from him. So it doesn't matter in the end.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Jerry doesn't terminate contracts of players or coaches whom he still owes a lot of money to. He'll cling to it because he'd rather get something for that money rather than nothing. He's always been that way.

You honestly think if Jerry wanted Redball gone this year, that he would stay no matter what? No, I don’t agree.

That’s not to say that redball could be looking for employment elsewhere next season, but I believe it’s pretty clear Jerry is at least willing to give him another year.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Newman, Williams, Barber, and many others would all prove you wrong

Sig courtesy of mack.
buckwild

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Redball as a coach, but don't think that he will be successful as the Cowboys head coach. All the Jerry apologists are going to start looking for excuses to cover for Jerrah, but that press release last week about JG hand picking all the coaches was such a farse. When Troy Aikman, Daryl Johnston come out questioning Jerry's motives with Redball. I'm more likely to believe Troy and Moose who have nothing to win or lose with their comments rather than Jerry who has everything to lose with what he says. Just wish that he could be an owner /GM without having to be the face of the franchise. Isn't that the head coach or QB's job?

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Desperado82

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
I like Redball as a coach, but don't think that he will be successful as the Cowboys head coach. All the Jerry apologists are going to start looking for excuses to cover for Jerrah, but that press release last week about JG hand picking all the coaches was such a farse. When Troy Aikman, Daryl Johnston come out questioning Jerry's motives with Redball. I'm more likely to believe Troy and Moose who have nothing to win or lose with their comments rather than Jerry who has everything to lose with what he says. Just wish that he could be an owner /GM without having to be the face of the franchise. Isn't that the head coach or QB's job?

So...you don't believe Bryan Broaddus, who mentioned that Jason was interviewing coaches during the Senior Bowl? Or Monte Kiffin, who said he came to Dallas because be believes in the direction Garrett has this club moving in?

^^^mack
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! Shocked I wasn't even concerned with all of the "puppet" talk going on in this article. I was more or less focusing on the idea that former players like Troy Aikman can see that the direction this team is moving in is an exercise in futility.

That is to say that we need a lot of work done in certain areas of the team and that Jerry will simply not address those issues because he is too high on the idea of running a Tampa 2 or catching "lightning in a bottle."

Not for nothing, but I have made that exact statement using that exact phrase only a week or two ago when addressing the Cowboys window of opportunity if we do not begin to move some of our vets for more picks, while they still have trade value.

Saying something to the effect of this team is not built for the long haul and that the only shot Dallas has is one of getting hot at the end of the season while at the same time staying healthy while other teams are not.
And that will only be for another year or 2, maybe 3, if they are lucky.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would LOVE to turn this into a poll to see where the forum comes out on this. It's really simple. Either Jerry LYING through his teeth or Matt Mosley and Troy Aikman are LYING.

Quote:
[Jerry Jones is] insisting that Garrett was leading the way in making changes on both sides of the ball. I happen to know otherwise because I'm quite familiar with the voices who were telling Jerry to hire former Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin. Still, it's humorous to hear Jones provide some new spin..

Quote:
Even Garrett's close friend and former teammate, Troy Aikman, thinks the head coach has little say in his own future. It was remarkable to hear a positive guy like Aikman have such a bleak outlook for the Cowboys' 2013 season.

It really can't be both ways. I'd be very curious to see if there is a forum consensus as to who is telling the truth. Frankly, I think I'd weigh Troy Aikman's opinion on this higher than anyone else's. Troy is close friends with Garrett and has been a huge Garrett supporter. But, he's also a cowboy, ROH, HOF and owes a great deal of his success to Jerry. I'd say his integrity as a cowboy and media member are above reproach.
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
I would LOVE to turn this into a poll to see where the forum comes out on this. It's really simple. Either Jerry LYING through his teeth or Matt Mosley and Troy Aikman are LYING.

Quote:
[Jerry Jones is] insisting that Garrett was leading the way in making changes on both sides of the ball. I happen to know otherwise because I'm quite familiar with the voices who were telling Jerry to hire former Buccaneers defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin. Still, it's humorous to hear Jones provide some new spin..

Quote:
Even Garrett's close friend and former teammate, Troy Aikman, thinks the head coach has little say in his own future. It was remarkable to hear a positive guy like Aikman have such a bleak outlook for the Cowboys' 2013 season.

It really can't be both ways. I'd be very curious to see if there is a forum consensus as to who is telling the truth. Frankly, I think I'd weigh Troy Aikman's opinion on this higher than anyone else's. Troy is close friends with Garrett and has been a huge Garrett supporter. But, he's also a cowboy, ROH, HOF and owes a great deal of his success to Jerry. I'd say his integrity as a cowboy and media member are above reproach.

Are we seriously going through all this again?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know the best part of that article is the internal links provided over on the right side...NFL's hottest cheerleaders, NBA's hottest cheerleaders, etc. Actually, only read 2 paragraphs before the boredom of reading the same ish again hit me, and my attention was diverted.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Or neither is lying. Having an opinion that differs from someone else doesn't mean someone is lying. Jerry is of the opinion that he is giving Jason plenty of leeway, but Mosley and Aikman disagree. Doesn't mean that anyone is "lying".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: