Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GW21's First Mock of 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: GW21's First Mock of 2013 Reply with quote

Resign
Dashon Goldson
Ricky Jean-Francois
Larry Grant
Traveres Gooden

SF Trades Alex Smith and 5th round pick (152) to Kansas City for 2nd round pick (34)

Draft
1(31)-Alex Okafor OLB/DE Texas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGo3BVi_7Do

-You can never have too many pass-rushers. Okafor helps us pressure the QB on our road to number 6 next season.

2(34)-Cordarrelle Patterson WR/KR/PR Tennessee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjxkQXlCAfE

-A very explosive athlete. He takes over Teddy Ginn's roster spot and his role as a PR. Patterson, Jenkins, and Williams will compete for the starting spot across from Crabtree.

2(63)-Kyle Long OL Oregon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o5PkwO67vE

-In the little bit I've seen from Kyle Long, I've been impressed. While inexperienced, he is an absolute mauler while run blocking. We bring him on board and let Drevno and Solari develop him and play him in the Leonard Davis role as a rookie.

3(74)-Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmjvwEnY8EM

-We've got our young shifty backs in James and Hunter and we've got our guy that excels at running between the tackles in Gore. Gore will be 30 when the season starts, and as much as I hate to say it, he won't be around for the next 10 years. So we draft a carbon copy in Marcus Lattimore. Lattimore is a bit bigger than Gore, but they both excel at running between the tackles, have tremendous vision, and while not exactly burners can make big plays.

3(95)-Joe Kruger DE Utah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNUc_waKMrU

-We draft Kruger to be our heir apparent to Justin Smith. At 6'6 280 he has the size, not to mention the athleticism to develop into a monster when Smith decides to hang them up.

4(127)-Levine Toilolo TE Stanford
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicP8Q_XzvM

-We replace Walker with this monster athlete. Jim Harbaugh brings in one of his recruits to help in the red-zone.

5(159)-Dustin Hopkins K FSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3N6jdbMPN4

-We solve our special teams woes for the foreseeable future with this selection

6(172)-Rodney Smith WR FSU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-sZDv0W0s4

-Crazy physical specimen who couldn't manage to breakout at FSU. At 6'6 219 he's got size to go along with his deep speed. He's got all the tools to be the next Malcolm Floyd or Danario Alexander.

6(191)-Quanterus Smith OLB/DE WKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWCAavZMJBY

-Quick twitch pass-rusher who got to AJ McCaron 3 times when they went to Alabama. A torn ACL ended his season November 20th and was suspended for violating team rules earlier in the season. Boom or bust prospect.

7(213)-Brandon McGee CB Miami
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8qahOLtB1A

-He's got the size and athleticism you look for in a quality cornerback. For now he's a gunner on special teams.

7(223)-Jordan Rodgers QB Vanderbilt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtiqnCF5a9s

-We bring in the athletic Jordan Rodgers to compete with Tolzien and whomever else we bring in for the number 2 job.

Depth Chart
QB-Colin Kaepernick-Scott Tolzien/Jordan Rodgers
FB-Bruce Miller-Anthony Dixon
RB-Frank Gore-LaMichael James/Kendall Hunter-Anthony Dixon

WR-Michael Crabtree-Kyle Williams
WR-AJ Jenkins/Cordarrelle Patterson-Rodney Smith
TE-Vernon Davis-Levine Toilolo-Garrett Celek

LT-Joe Staley-Alex Boone
LG-Mike Iupati-Joe Looney
C-Jonathan Goodwin-Daniel Kilgore
RG-Alex Boone-Kyle Long
RT-Anthony Davis-Kyle Long

LDE-Ray McDonald-Tony Jerod-Eddie-DeMarcus Dobbs
NT-Ricky Jean-Francois-Ian Williams
RDE-Justin Smith-Joe Kruger

LOLB-Ahmad Brooks-Cam Johnson
ILB-Navorro Bowman-Larry Grant-Traveres Gooden
ILB-Patrick Willis-Larry Grant-Traveres Gooden
ROLB-Aldon Smith-Alex Okafor-Quanterus Smith

CB-Carlos Rogers-Chris Culliver-Tramaine Brock
CB-Tarell Brown-Perrish Cox-Brandon McGee

SS-Donte Whitner-CJ Spillman
FS-Dashon Goldson-Trenton Robinson

KR-Cordarelle Patterson/LaMichael James-Kyle Williams
PR-Cordarelle Patterson-Kyle Williams
LS-Brian Jennings
K-Dustin Hopkins
P-Andy Lee

PUP
Mario Manningham WR
Marcus Lattimore RB

*We'll Keep Manningham & Lattimore on the PUP until we feel they can come back. If we don't think Lattimore will be ready by the end of the season we put him on injured reserve, and if Manningham won't be ready we release him.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Forge

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okafer isn't my first love in the first round, mainly because i think anyone who is going to slide to OLB for us is going to be sitting a while behind smith and brooks. Unless we are planning on using him as a defensive end? I don't know if he could hold up there though. I'd prefer a Jenkins or a top notch CB that fell in the first.

I don't think we'll get that much for Alex smith (i'm counting on a 2014 pick, and probably in the third or 4th round), but if we do, I'll be doing cartwheels. I like Patterson, though my favorite wide receiver in the draft is probably Patton right now.

I'm okay with the long pick, but I would prefer working the secondary in the first 3 picks. we need a solid CB (especially if we let rogers loose), and another safety, someone like a Johnathan Cyprien slots in very well there. I just don't think we need much on the O-line besides depth which we will address later in the draft. I definitely don't like lattimore that high though. lots of talent, sure, but we don't know how he's going to bounce back, and it's entirely possible he misses the year. I think he can be had much later in the draft, and if he isn't, i don't think he's worth it that high.

Love the Kruger pick. good motor, solid skills. Toilolo is someone i've also had my eye on. I think we are going to resign walker, or at least do everything in our power to do so, but if not, I think toilolo could come in and already be an effective blocker (maybe not as good as walker, but not bad) and he's gotta have better hands. Hopkins of course does not need to be explained. As for the later rounds, I actually like the Smith pick, and love the Rodgrs pick, who is my late round QB crush right now.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your overall presentation... like your re-signs, Alex trade, and first 2 picks. Okafor can play spot duty for a while, and ultimately supplant Brooks, as he is getting older now.

Not liking the value much with Long in the late 2nd right now... not loving the Lattimore value either, or the need for a RB so early... though I do like Lattimore.

I'd be okay taking a chance on Kruger at the end of rd 3 there... he still seems so tall and stiff... but I'd hope for the best and be fair. The rest of the picks work for me.

I'd say a 6.5 out of 10 grade for me.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
I like your overall presentation... like your re-signs, Alex trade, and first 2 picks. Okafor can play spot duty for a while, and ultimately supplant Brooks, as he is getting older now.

Not liking the value much with Long in the late 2nd right now... not loving the Lattimore value either, or the need for a RB so early... though I do like Lattimore.

I'd be okay taking a chance on Kruger at the end of rd 3 there... he still seems so tall and stiff... but I'd hope for the best and be fair. The rest of the picks work for me.

I'd say a 6.5 out of 10 grade for me.

You can never have too many pass-rushers, Okafor can get to the QB and we saw how little pressure we got when Aldon and Justin got banged up. With another pass-rush threat we can take some of the load off of our other guys and maybe keep them healthy. I mixed Kruger, Lattimore, and Long around throughout those positions. Love Kruger's size and athleticism. Long is a physical specimen who has already shown the ability to be a monster in the run game. I really think with some coaching he could develop into a truly dominant player.

We took Gore with the first pick of the third round back in 2005, he was coming off two major knee injuries. Gore was healthy when he was drafted, but man the way they play reminds me so much of each other. Obviously I'm a huge Gore fan, but we'll see, we probably won't draft any of these guys come April haha.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be very happy with this

Deadpulse on the sig

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
How does it end? Hopefully it's a guy snake cause girls don't poop.
49ersfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninerfanwheelz wrote:

Ditto, i have some minor quibbles with the overall 53 man roster but its too early to be complaining about 3rd string STers anyway.

We get pass rush help, an heir for Justin Smith, an explosive playmaker and returner, a future replacement for Gore, a solid young #2 TE, a young kicker, and trade Alex for a top pick. Can't get any better than this IMO.

Only issue i might have is a 2nd rounder on an interior OL. I would like to spend that pick, if possible, on some DB help. Maybe a CB.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
ninerfanwheelz wrote:

Ditto, i have some minor quibbles with the overall 53 man roster but its too early to be complaining about 3rd string STers anyway.

We get pass rush help, an heir for Justin Smith, an explosive playmaker and returner, a future replacement for Gore, a solid young #2 TE, a young kicker, and trade Alex for a top pick. Can't get any better than this IMO.

Only issue i might have is a 2nd rounder on an interior OL. I would like to spend that pick, if possible, on some DB help. Maybe a CB.

I was going to put a disclaimer to this as far as backups are concerned, I just put the guys I drafted in the depth chart for the simple fact that why would you draft a guy if you were just planning on cutting him. I feel you though, I think there are some guys that could come in and make a strong push for the 53 (Darius Fleming, Michael Thomas, Ricardo Lockette, ect.)

As far as Long goes, I really like his power in the run game and that's what I would envision him be used as immediately, our Leonard Davis in the Jumbo Package. I do however think that he has the size and athleticism to develop into a very good tackle. This is a pure potential pick as I feel with the tools he has and the offensive line coaches we have, we could find ourselves a steal with Long.

big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Might like to see a safety in there somewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I like it. Might like to see a safety in there somewhere.

I agree. Maybe swap a safety with the rb? Also we can maybe sign Nick Folk from the Jets to be our kicker.

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.
blast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the first two choices, but jesus Toilolo looks like a starving child in that picture. I agree with some above about getting a safety or maybe a CB in there. I think we can grab a OT later in the draft. If we were looking to replace DWalker, a very good candidate for him would be Jordan Reed (Florida). He could potentially be our Aaron Hernandez.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: