Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Milliner
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:
No & for so many reasons.
1. when your 7-9 trying to develope a 2nd yr QB you dont move up to draft a CB that high.
2. when your in the lower half of TD scoring Off in the NFL you dont draft a CB that high.
3. when half the Off starters do not fit the West Coast scheme you dont draft a CB that high.
4. when you only have 1 elite pass rusher halfway through his career you dont draft a CB that high.

My 2 cents
sug

I agree with everything but 2. I think just because you don't have offensive scoring doesn't mean you have to reach for a WR. i think you can get a WR in the 2nd in Patton. There are more WRs in the 2nd and 3rd round this year. I do agree that pass rush is a need but Banks could be one of the best players available at 12. No need to trade up at all. We can sit tight and have Banks at 12

Howdy B67
So we agree on the whole "not moving up" for a CB but ... no way do I put a drafting a WR before a stud TE.

If Philbin felt one of the TEs was well worth #12 or pk # 2A I'd be thrilled.
To me the an Elite TE has more value than a WR in the WC Off just from the perspective of
math alone. (3 WR to 1 TE)
What we need in the RZ is vertical dominance to compliment Bess & Hartline.

sug

My thing is, Philbin doesn't seem to throw it to TEs a lot. I think he puts more emphasis on WRs. Not that he doesn't want a good TE, but i think he won't jump after one

UniversalAuthor
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:
1. when your 7-9 trying to develope a 2nd yr QB you dont move up to draft a CB that high.
2. when your in the lower half of TD scoring Off in the NFL you dont draft a CB that high.
3. when half the Off starters do not fit the West Coast scheme you dont draft a CB that high.
4. when you only have 1 elite pass rusher halfway through his career you dont draft a CB that high.

My 2 cents
sug

I agree with everything but 2. I think just because you don't have offensive scoring doesn't mean you have to reach for a WR. i think you can get a WR in the 2nd in Patton. There are more WRs in the 2nd and 3rd round this year. I do agree that pass rush is a need but Banks could be one of the best players available at 12. No need to trade up at all. We can sit tight and have Banks at 12

Howdy B67
So we agree on the whole "not moving up" for a CB but ... no way do I put a drafting a WR before a stud TE.

To me the an Elite TE has more value than a WR in the WC Off just from the perspective of

sug

My thing is, Philbin doesn't seem to throw it to TEs a lot. I think he puts more emphasis on WRs. Not that he doesn't want a good TE, but i think he won't jump after one

We shall see my friend.
All I know is that the really good West Coast Off I see tend to feature a STUD TE that
commands double teams.
That in turn frees up the WRs to 1 on 1 coverage or forces the Deff into nickle which
opens up the running gm.

That's ball distribution via math Smile
sug
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:

My 2 cents
sug

Howdy B67

sug

2007: Donald Lee 48-575-6, Bubba Franks 18-132-3
2009: Jermichael Finley 55-676-5, Donald Lee 37-260-1
2011: Jermichael Finley 55-767-8 3 other TEs combined for 11 catches

Seems like he goes to the TEs plenty when they're talented and healthy.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:

My 2 cents
sug

Howdy B67

sug

That's plenty? That seems good but not great TE numbers. The west coast offense spreads the ball around evenly. The WRs get the ball a lot more than the TEs. The TEs get more redzone looks and 3rd and long looks.

I didn't say TEs aren't important but they aren't the center focus on the this offense. Not enough to trade up for a TE in the 1st

UniversalAuthor
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't trade up for Milliner because you can get Xavier Rhodes in the 2nd.

UniversalAuthor
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:

My 2 cents
sug

Howdy B67

sug

That's plenty? That seems good but not great TE numbers. The west coast offense spreads the ball around evenly. The WRs get the ball a lot more than the TEs. The TEs get more redzone looks and 3rd and long looks.

I didn't say TEs aren't important but they aren't the center focus on the this offense. Not enough to trade up for a TE in the 1st

Yeah I totally get where your coming from B67.
Those TE numbers look pretty good considering the slew of injurys at that position.

I would just add that (unless your in a Jumbo Pkg) there is only 1 TE to 3 WRs. I just don't think
that ratio can be ignored. I think the argument that the value of the TE outweighing a single WR is way valid & should be considered early in the draft.

sug
Warpticon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:

My 2 cents
sug

Howdy B67

sug

It's way more than enough to invalidate the statement that he "doesn't seem to throw to TEs a lot." 92 catches from TEs in 2009 is way above average, especially in a system that tends to spread the ball around a lot. It's not like they had WRs catching 90-100 passes. The leader usually had 70-75 receptions or so, with Driver breaking 80 once and Cobb hitting 80 this year. Of course the WRs see the ball more than TEs, there are three of them. Finley was the 3rd leading receiver for the Packers in 3 of the last 4 seasons, and being the #3 target in a WCO is a pretty big deal. There's really no reason to come to the conclusion they don't use the TE a lot. Philbin uses them when there's a legit threat there.
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warpticon wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
Warpticon wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Blagasse67 wrote:
SUG wrote:

My 2 cents
sug

Howdy B67

sug

It's way more than enough to invalidate the statement that he "doesn't seem to throw to TEs a lot." 92 catches from TEs in 2009 is way above average, especially in a system that tends to spread the ball around a lot. It's not like they had WRs catching 90-100 passes. The leader usually had 70-75 receptions or so, with Driver breaking 80 once and Cobb hitting 80 this year. Of course the WRs see the ball more than TEs, there are three of them. Finley was the 3rd leading receiver for the Packers in 3 of the last 4 seasons, and being the #3 target in a WCO is a pretty big deal. There's really no reason to come to the conclusion they don't use the TE a lot. Philbin uses them when there's a legit threat there.

The argument was mainly focused on the fact of not warranting the need to trade up for a TE. His offense has been proven to thrive without a top notch TE. I don't see them moving up for a TE at all. I see us drafting one but not moving up for one

UniversalAuthor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: