Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers fear Browns (might sign Wallace)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:
bruceb wrote:
dawgpound1816 wrote:
In this offense.....I'm down.

The easiest way for Chud to be successful this year and years to come is to give him weapons to make great mismatches. Wallace, Gordon & Little present hellonearth for defenses. Oh wait....and TRich.....and hopefully add another weapon by drafting.....Kelce maybe with our 3rd Rd pick.

Uhhhhhh......Which way did he go George....Which way did he go?

If we couldn't score with that kind of package...except we don't have a QB!

Add Alex Smith and I'm in.

I'm not going to get in a debate about our QB at this point, b/c even DA had success with Chud as his OC. So I will allow time to be on our side for now. Especially with that type of talent surrounding our QB in this system. Not to mention a RB that should see 7 in the box consistently. It's a pick your poison so to speak. It boils down to QB play and consistency. If our QBs make the throws.....we will have success.

Where do you live in Erie?

I used to live in the city on W. 24th St....I bought a house in Belle Valley.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Productiondawg wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
Having a debate right now about this with friends... Which would you guys rather, us sign Wallace for a v-jax type of deal, or make a trade for Percy Harvin & sign him as well????

What are your guys thoughts?

Wallace without a doubt. 5 yrs 55 mil is not bad. Wallace would instantly be the best #1 we've had in a long time.

In no way would I make a trade for Harvin. He gets injured, he misses time for migraines and he gets into arguments with the nicest players coach in the league. He's complaining about his contract with two years left on it, and I can't see them trading him for less than a 1st. In comparison to Wallace who won't cost us any picks, it's a no brainer.

Cool, that's what I was saying, my friend was trying to say I should want Percy more - this was a long argument and then turned into him talking about we shouldn't have done the Julio trade Rolling Eyes but anyways I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one who was thinking this way

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
Productiondawg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
Productiondawg wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
Having a debate right now about this with friends... Which would you guys rather, us sign Wallace for a v-jax type of deal, or make a trade for Percy Harvin & sign him as well????

What are your guys thoughts?

Wallace without a doubt. 5 yrs 55 mil is not bad. Wallace would instantly be the best #1 we've had in a long time.

In no way would I make a trade for Harvin. He gets injured, he misses time for migraines and he gets into arguments with the nicest players coach in the league. He's complaining about his contract with two years left on it, and I can't see them trading him for less than a 1st. In comparison to Wallace who won't cost us any picks, it's a no brainer.

Cool, that's what I was saying, my friend was trying to say I should want Percy more - this was a long argument and then turned into him talking about we shouldn't have done the Julio trade Rolling Eyes but anyways I just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one who was thinking this way

Well you're smarter than your friend. Not to mention that Wallace works best on the outside and Harvin works best in the slot. I'd rather have a good receiver on the outside and put Little/Benjamin in the slot depending on package. I think that would utilize what he have the best. We could get some real decent match ups from something like that.

Season tickets, section 315, since 06
See you in the Muni with the Tailgate DJs
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 10 Receptions, 144 Yards (14.4 ypc), 1 TD, 8 FD
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care if we get Wallace. If we're not getting much improved at the QB position during his time here, then the Steelers are the one's that win, for dropping dead weight to a division rival.

That's why the Flacco idea holds more significance, because despite the overrated/underrated debate, he would instantly give us stability and consistency like we've not had at the QB position, and then we could continue to draft depth and fill holes on the defense, despite losing 2 first rounders (depending on how all that exclusive rights, franchise tag stuff goes).

If we get them both? I'd plug us in as the 3rd playoff seed.

Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
dawgdish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign him up - it would be a great get for us, and as a bonus sticks it to Pittsburgh a little bit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for Wallace, would fit in nicely for a deep threat, and I believe the main reason for his statistical drop off was the offense that Haley was running not anything on Wallace's part.
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to throw in that reports are that we are interested in Ellerbe as well and will be pursuing him as well as the other 2 if the ravens cannot sign him.

Im in for all 3 of them lol
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TypicalBrowns10 wrote:
I would also like to throw in that reports are that we are interested in Ellerbe as well and will be pursuing him as well as the other 2 if the ravens cannot sign him.

Im in for all 3 of them lol

I would LOVE to acquire all three as well, especially Wallace. Our offense would have the potential to be very scary for years to come, pending Weeden's development.

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If rather pay big bucks to a stud instead of distributing it evenly to a bunch of role players. We have enough of those.
pnies20

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
If rather pay big bucks to a stud instead of distributing it evenly to a bunch of role players. We have enough of those.

+1 it's time to get some star power.

Keenan Lewis and mike Wallace are the first two steelers that I've actually wanted the browns to pick up lol. Anyone else feel like that?

<3 JF
poorbytehshore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:

Keenan Lewis and mike Wallace are the first two steelers that I've actually wanted the browns to pick up lol. Anyone else feel like that?

Was watching an interview with Richard Sherman and he listed Keenan Lewis as one of his top 5 corners in the league...

Wallace
Lewis
Ellerbee
Kruger

How nice would that be?
Entropy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I'd never really thought of it until you asked, but I just can't remember any Steelers hitting free agency that I actually did really want. Laughing

And yes, I would be very happy with either or both of those guys.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I'd never really thought of it until you asked, but I just can't remember any Steelers hitting free agency that I actually did really want. Laughing

And yes, I would be very happy with either or both of those guys.

Did Lewis ever play for Horton? If so that could be a good foot in the door with him for us.

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Dolphins are likely going to be heavily involved in trying to land him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140496/article/mike-wallace-reportedly-dolphins-top-wr-target

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goals for this off season

One of : Wallace, Jennings, Bowe or Hartline

One of : Lewis, Cox, Smith, Byrd

Vasquez or another starter at OG

One other starter, whether it be at OLB or TE.

Whichever position has a big name signed in FA (CB or OLB), we will draft the opposite at 6.

IE. Sign Lewis, Draft Moore or Jordan. Sign Kruger, Draft Milliner.

Which i'm cool with.

Come September, our defense should have at LEAST 2 more studs on it.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: