Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Updated Mock Draft and Offseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Updated Mock Draft and Offseason Reply with quote

Cuts:

Kelsay- Just not producing like he should for the money he is making.
McGee- Injuries clearly hampered his play look to replace him for a vetran free agent.
Brad Smith- I know there are some Jets ties with the new staff, but just dont see how he will be kept especially when Donald Jones was let go.
Rian Lindell- Getting up there in age, and his leg just isnt cutting it, with the increase in rookie kickers over the past few years think it is easier to find a fresh leg that it has ever been.
Ryan Fitzpatrick- I just dont see him taking a pay cut or cutting down to the number that they will ask. I think we can find something on the market similar to what he has brought us to this point.
Nick Barnett- I think this is a fringe cut, but I want a whole new core of LB's on here. He is getting older and we need some new life into the LB core.

Free Agents Resigned:
Andy Levitre- I know the analytics might make him a expendable, but he is just to important to that line and with all the space we should be able to clear up with the guys I have cut he will be back.
Kyle Moore- I think he has earned a short term contract sort of like what Chandler got in the offseason. Nothing crazy two year deal. I think he will do well in the hybrid system.
Chad Reinhart- Inexpensive good depth guy.
David Nelson- He will be an inexpensive sign coming off the new injury see what he can do in his boucne back year.

Franchised Players:
Jarius Byrd- I just dont know if we will get a deal done with him, but I do expect him back under the tag.

Free Agents:

LB: Dannell Ellerbe (Baltimore) - I just dont see how the Ravens will be able to keep all there guys after giving Flacco his huge pay raise. I could be wrong but this is the guy I would love to have. He played real solid all season and is just a work horse for them next to Lewis. He will add some toughness to that LB core that is drastically needed.
Bryan Thomas (Jets): I am not huge on this signing but all signs point to him coming to Buffalo. He will make for an easy transition to Pettine defense and will be able to help the rest of the D as well.
CB: Brent Grimes (Atlanta): Again Atlanta will have to make some decision as far as pay roll goes. After adding Samuels in the offseason I think Grimes becomes expendable. They also have to reup with Sam Baker and Will Moore. Grimes will add that physical play that Pettine likes and will be the perfect compliment opposite Gilmore
TE: Delanie Walker (49ers): I think we could look Dustin Keller with the JETS tie again, but I think Walker will be some what cheaper and he is also a good special teams player. He will do a good job when Chandler is out and also fill in nicely as starter when needed.
QB: Matt Moore (Dolphins)- I think this guy will be the perfect back up and possible starter to start the transition to our rookie QB. He has had success in the league and I am sure will take similar to what Fitz was going to make had he restructured.
RB: Jackie Battle (Chargers)- Will take Choice spot on the roster. He is a bigger physical back with Freddys injuries the past two season need a guy that can fill that spot.
FB: Lex Hilliard (Jets)- Replaces McIntyre a little younger plays special teams.
WR: Danario Alexander (Chargers)- Big physical WR that we had in last year. Looking like he is finally healthy and could be a good pick up. Will be in our top 4 for sure and could be a nice #2 for Stevie.

Draft

1. Geno Smith QB West Virginia- The more I look at things, the more I could see Smith falling to 8. We might have to jump ahead of Arizona but even then they could pass in favor of OT. Smith to me is the only QB worth taking in rd 1. Is he going to have the impact the rookies did last year most likely not, but I think he could be a solid pro in this league. He might sit and watch behind Moore for a year but that might not be such a bad thing.
2. Justin Hunter WR Tennesse- I think Allen, Patterson and Williams will be gone by the time we pick in rd 2, but this guy might turn out to be better than those three. I thin the knee injury really hurt his stock some and some people take a little longer to recover. This is the guy Buddy and co. have talked about. With moving Stevie to the slot Hunter will be a good compliment on the outside.
3. Chase Thomas OLB Stanford- In the third round I think this is a good value pick. I think this kids football IQ is sky high. He is always around the ball when you watch his tapes. I think he will eventually turn into a starter at OLB but at worst he is a good special teams player to start and turns into a starter down the road.
4. Shaun Williams SS Georgia- Another Buddy type pick from the SEC. He had solid production at Georgia and could push Wilson for some playing time down the road.
5. Kwame Geathers DT Georgia- Again I think you can tell I really loved Georgia's D this year. Geathers doesnt get the hype that his partner Jones does but he was very productive player. I think he can play NT or DT which will help and he is another big road grader that we are lacking.
6. Levine Toilolo TE Stanford- Never hurts to add big red zone targets. He will get a chane to play some with Chandlers injury. 6'8 imagine having him and Chandler in the red zone will be nice compliment to each other.
UDFA: Quinn Sharp K Oklahoma State

Depth Chart

QB: Matt Moore, Geno Smith
RB: CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson, Jackie Battle
FB: Lex Hilliard
WR: Stevie Johnson, Danario Alexander, Justin Hunter, David Nelson, TJ Graham
TE: Scott Chandler, Delanie Walker, Levine Toilolo
OT: Cordy Glenn, Erik Pears, Chris Hariston, Sam Young
OG: Andy Levitre, Kraig Urbik, Chad Reinhart
C: Eric Wood

DE: Mario Williams, Mark Anderson, Kyle Moore Alex Carrington
DT: Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus, Terrell Troupe, Kwame Geathers
LB: Kevlin Sheppard, Danelle Ellerbe, Bryan Thomas, Nigel Bradham, Arthur Moats, Chase Thomas
CB: Stephon Gilmore, Brent Grimes, Aaron Williams, Ron Brooks, Justin Rodgers
SS: George Wilson, Shaun Williams
FS: Jarius Byrd, Danorris Searcy.

Let me know what you guys think.
K: Quinn Sharp
P: Shawn Powell

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really, really like this off season but Ellerbe is heir to Ray Lewis in Baltimore and Danario Alexander was a top 10 WR the last 6 games.

Alexander, SJ, Hunter, Graham and Nelson would be insane Laughing
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I really, really like this off season but Ellerbe is heir to Ray Lewis in Baltimore and Danario Alexander was a top 10 WR the last 6 games.

Alexander, SJ, Hunter, Graham and Nelson would be insane Laughing

Ya thats what I am afraid of to with Ellerbe but they are in such cap hell he could slip through the cracks at the right price. Alexander is a reach too but he will be looking for a raise and San Deigo just paid Royal and Meachem last off season so you never know.

CB Drayton Florence
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be happy, but i don't think we would have the money to do all that you have us doing in FA.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
i would be happy, but i don't think we would have the money to do all that you have us doing in FA.

That's what I am thinking as well. Even with some of those cuts, you have us spending a lot more money in FA.

I also thin if Fitz were going to be cut, it would have happened by now.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had Smith and Hunter a few months ago but Im leaning a little more towards Glennon then Hunter now but if Glennon and Smith are gone by pick 8 I think they should trade down though Nix doesnt trade up nor down. If they trade down twice they could get their QB,WR,and TE maybe two in the first round one in the second. Cook or Keller would be great too especially with Chandler hurt and I think last year of contract. Bowe would be a tremendous pick up. Byrd should be back but theres no way Levitre will be Nix said last year he wanted Guards who could play Tackle and vis-versa.Would look to see Lattimore for a late pick.
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might want to add a Cornerback to the draft Nix says you would like to add at least one every draft.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets Go Buffalo wrote:
I had Smith and Hunter a few months ago but Im leaning a little more towards Glennon then Hunter now but if Glennon and Smith are gone by pick 8 I think they should trade down though Nix doesnt trade up nor down. If they trade down twice they could get their QB,WR,and TE maybe two in the first round one in the second. Cook or Keller would be great too especially with Chandler hurt and I think last year of contract. Bowe would be a tremendous pick up. Byrd should be back but theres no way Levitre will be Nix said last year he wanted Guards who could play Tackle and vis-versa.Would look to see Lattimore for a late pick.

I am not a Glennon fan at all so that is why I stayed clear away from him. As for the Corner with adding of Grimes that is why I stayed away from that position and still have Williams Brooks and Rodgers there. I understand Buddy said about the Levitre situation but I still wonder how much pull he will have now with Whaley getting more attention, and Marrone might see how importan he is to this offense.

CB Drayton Florence
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see delanie walker nor Alexander coming. Walker will want a decent contract more then Chandler and expect to start. Alexander was on the bills squad and they let him go to SD I dont see them bringing him in. Grimes will want to get paid and he probably will its a risk and not sure it would be smart to go for.

Hopefully they resign Byrd and Levitre.

Kruger and Ellerbe would be the top 2 people I would like to see bring in for defense and Bowe on offense.

I could see a CB come in if they have the money.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: