Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Salary Cap Situation to end the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
I don't know what this Levi guy smokes, but it should be cool stuff Smile

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/2/9/3971488/report-oakland-raiders-void-richard-seymour-contract-pick-up-the-tab

There will be more cuts made. The three most likely cap casualties will be Tommy Kelly, Rolando McClain, and Darrius Heyward-Bey. If all three are cut, it would be an additional savings of $17.255 million.

I have no clue how he came up with that 17M saving...
We have TK at 4,775 and DHB at 5,091 saving while McClain probably will cost us a little...

He's from Cali so you never know Wink

Yeah that seemed real odd though. Even I knew he was wrong and I'm an idiot when it comes to cap stuff. This whole new details with Seymour's deal thing seems kinda fishy imo. But I think Spotrac confirmed it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
This whole new details with Seymour's deal thing seems kinda fishy imo. But I think Spotrac confirmed it

The guy he got the info from is an ex NFL players' agent and a writer for the National Football Post. He explained the details of the dead money on twitter which i posted earlier in this thread. The difference is coming from a 2011 restructure we weren't aware of until last week.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
This whole new details with Seymour's deal thing seems kinda fishy imo. But I think Spotrac confirmed it

The guy he got the info from is an ex NFL players' agent and a writer for the National Football Post. He explained the details of the dead money on twitter which i posted earlier in this thread. The difference is coming from a 2011 restructure we weren't aware of until last week.

Oh, right. Forgot about that. Mad

I do remember that re-structure when it happened. It seemed to just get swept under the rug at the time though for whatever reason

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I do remember that re-structure when it happened. It seemed to just get swept under the rug at the time though for whatever reason

Yeah. Seymour signed a 2 years/30M contract before the lockout with 15M in the first year.
Right after the lockout, they restructured the first year into the vet minimum salary (910K) and a 14.09M signing bonus prorated over 5 years. So 3/5 of that signing bonus is still counting against our cap now. To which you add 4/5 of last year's 6.575M signing bonus from yet another restructure. Do that and you'll get the reported 13.714M in dead money.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

Yeah. Seymour signed a 2 years/30M contract before the lockout with 15M in the first year.
Right after the lockout, they restructured the first year into the vet minimum salary (910K) and a 14.09M signing bonus prorated over 5 years. So 3/5 of that signing bonus is still counting against our cap now. To which you add 4/5 of last year's 6.575M signing bonus from yet another restructure. Do that and you'll get the reported 13.714M in dead money.

I don't get why we shifted it all into bonus though. Did that lower his cap hit for that year? I forget if bonuses count against the cap and other specifics of that Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:

I don't get why we shifted it all into bonus though. Did that lower his cap hit for that year? I forget if bonuses count against the cap and other specifics of that Embarassed

Yes. It means his cap hit for that year was his vet minimum base salary + 1/5 of the signing bonus. That's 3.728M instead of 15. And with that cap room we signed Huff, Wimbley and Boss! Confused
Rolni

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys I get the Sey contract I was reffering to Levi's comment about 17M saving with 3 cut...that's way too much IMO
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Ok guys I get the Sey contract I was reffering to Levi's comment about 17M saving with 3 cut...that's way too much IMO

Yes, i agree. The 3 cuts would save us less than 10M unless some are designated post june 1st which i'd bet Rolando ends up being.

And S&B, picture that. We restructured Seymour in 2011 to lower his 15M cap hit and be able to sign Huff, Wimbley and Boss. That put us in cap hell last year. And in 2013, we'll be carrying 15.214M in dead money for Seymour and Boss. Brilliant!
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:

Yeah I commented on that comment haha:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Yeah that seemed real odd though. Even I knew he was wrong and I'm an idiot when it comes to cap stuff.

oakdb36 wrote:
Yes. It means his cap hit for that year was his vet minimum base salary + 1/5 of the signing bonus. That's 3.728M instead of 15. And with that cap room we signed Huff, Wimbley and Boss! Confused

Thanks for the clarification. We were rumored to be looking at Dashon Goldson too. I like Huff a lot but I'd rather pay his salary to Goldson. Even still we paid a lot for a FS.

Boss was a beautiful move Rolling Eyes

Wimbley, we had a good deal with though iirc until that obscure rule made us pay more for him. Never should have given him that deal but Mr. Davis knew he didn't have much time left.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Rolni wrote:

Yeah I commented on that comment haha:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Yeah that seemed real odd though. Even I knew he was wrong and I'm an idiot when it comes to cap stuff.

oakdb36 wrote:

Thanks for the clarification. We were rumored to be looking at Dashon Goldson too. I like Huff a lot but I'd rather pay his salary to Goldson. Even still we paid a lot for a FS.

Boss was a beautiful move Rolling Eyes

Wimbley, we had a good deal with though iirc until that obscure rule made us pay more for him. Never should have given him that deal but Mr. Davis knew he didn't have much time left.

Yes its too bad they didnt throw that money at Goldson instead of Huff.
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146046/article/nfl-sets-2013-salary-cap-at-123m-up-from-1206m

How does this leave us? Extra $2.4m has been added to the salary cap so it's now $123m.
#clueless
dante9876

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont remember so many players restructuring in one offseason. I wonder who we have asked to restructure or take a pay cut so far. I know we re not in a rush since we are under the cap. But I assume reggie still want to clear more money, I wonder if not many restructures have been reported if there is a few cuts or dare I say trades coming for some of our overpaid guys.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I saw oakdb say we;re under the cap today. But Schefter says we're over by $800k? Anyone know why he said that?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/307489813936893952

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter wrote:
Teams with least room this am: CAR $8 mil over cap; NO $5.5 mil over; WASH $3 mil over; AZ $1.2 mil over; OAK $800k over.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I thought I saw oakdb say we;re under the cap today. But Schefter says we're over by $800k? Anyone know why he said that?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/307489813936893952

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter wrote:
Teams with least room this am: CAR $8 mil over cap; NO $5.5 mil over; WASH $3 mil over; AZ $1.2 mil over; OAK $800k over.

I believe that Adam was reporting the number before the actual 123.9 mill adjustment which means we are under by at least 1mill.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not my own calculation but:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/cap-hit/

They still have Derrick Jones for whatever reason and no dead money for Aaron Curry though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: