Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DirtyJersey9er's post-Super Bowl mock.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
49ers Finest wrote:
yeah heard a few people discussing let ham go.
he was solid when he played. and hes making 3.6 mill, which isnt bad imo
we are so weak at wr, i dont see him being cut

His salary, yes.. but looks like he will be costing 4.95 mil against the cap when adding in everything. Just comes down to how well we feel he will bounce back from the injury... and how cozy we are with that overall cap hit.

Sad to say, but right now he's our second best receiver - and we need receiving skills. We signed him to that contract. I assume we're still willing to pay it given he's still that high on our depth chart.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
GANNDMK wrote:
I like it a lot, although I would like us to sign Goldson for 5/$30.
Jones would be a great understudy for Justin.
Getting Boldin would be terrific.

If Goldson had been willing to sign for 5/30, we would have signed him years ago. Maybe he'll feel more inclined to take it, now that he's 28-29, as opposed to two years ago. He probably felt he could sign 5 years then, then have another big payday at 31. But now, a long term contract is likely to be his last big payday. I don't know.

Dashon show know that this team is on the cusp of, may I say it, a DYNASTY. Sure, he could get 5/35 somewhere like Buffalo or Cleveland etc as opposed to 5/30 here. Besides, Obama is going to get his half anyway, leaving 5/17.5 vs 5/15 with a winner. He won't want to be watching this team on TV next year.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what world is Alex Smith worth a 2nd round pick? The guy has been garbage for 90% of his career. Jim Harbaugh made the switch for a reason. He was tired of game planning around the limitations of Alex Smith. The 49ers were winning inspite of Alex Smith not because of Alex Smith. Every single year fans from other teams feel they can just trade of their garbage for high picks from the Browns.

Jamison on the sig
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
In what world is Alex Smith worth a 2nd round pick? The guy has been garbage for 90% of his career. Jim Harbaugh made the switch for a reason. He was tired of game planning around the limitations of Alex Smith. The 49ers were winning inspite of Alex Smith not because of Alex Smith. Every single year fans from other teams feel they can just trade of their garbage for high picks from the Browns.

Our coaching staff was garbage for 90% of his career. For that comment, I will wish Jim Hostler becomes your OC, one day. You will know pain.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
blast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: DirtyJersey9er's post-Super Bowl mock..... Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ok this one will be a bit more in depth. Gonna stick to the first 4 rounds like last week.

Round 1- Someone on twitter to take out frustration of the loss on: This is a good way of venting and considering this fell to the pick I had to snatch it up.
Round 2- Food to use as a coping mechanism: Safe pick here, high carbs always do well to distract you from the fact that you saw your team lose a heartbreaker.
Round 3- Gremlins 1: For a good laugh and to keep my mind off the game.
Round 3- Gremlins 2: You can never have too much depth in the distraction department. Complete value pick but we can afford it.
Round 4- Ability to make a mock draft the day after to look forward to next season asap: And below we will have my legit mock......

Roster moves:

Tag: Dashon Goldson
Cut: Manningham, Rogers, Akers
Trade: Alex Smith to Cleveland for 2014 2nd rounder, 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder(from Car) + 4th rounder to Detroit for their 2nd rounder
re-sign: Sopoaga
Sign: Anquan Boldin(If he takes a fair contract seeing as he is being cut) or Titus Young(his actions will make him ripe for the low risk contract)

Draft:
1: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA- And we have the replacement for RJF and the future at RDE.
2: Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU- He could rise or fall in this draft, but for the sake of the scenario I have us trading up on draft day to take him seeing as we have the ammo to do so.
3: Jordan Reed, TE, Florida- He will replace Walker and I think will be more sure handed. But either way I think him and Celek will compete for the number 2 TE spot right away.
4(comp pick): Tavarres King, WR, Georgia- If we get him here this could end up being the best pick right away.

Later we get the kicker to replace Akers.

Love that pick. I think we have our Aaron Hernandez type player. But I think Rhodes will be gone before our pick in the 2nd.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: DirtyJersey9er's post-Super Bowl mock..... Reply with quote

blast wrote:
DirtyJersey9er wrote:
Ok this one will be a bit more in depth. Gonna stick to the first 4 rounds like last week.

Round 1- Someone on twitter to take out frustration of the loss on: This is a good way of venting and considering this fell to the pick I had to snatch it up.
Round 2- Food to use as a coping mechanism: Safe pick here, high carbs always do well to distract you from the fact that you saw your team lose a heartbreaker.
Round 3- Gremlins 1: For a good laugh and to keep my mind off the game.
Round 3- Gremlins 2: You can never have too much depth in the distraction department. Complete value pick but we can afford it.
Round 4- Ability to make a mock draft the day after to look forward to next season asap: And below we will have my legit mock......

Roster moves:

Tag: Dashon Goldson
Cut: Manningham, Rogers, Akers
Trade: Alex Smith to Cleveland for 2014 2nd rounder, 2nd rounder + 3rd rounder(from Car) + 4th rounder to Detroit for their 2nd rounder
re-sign: Sopoaga
Sign: Anquan Boldin(If he takes a fair contract seeing as he is being cut) or Titus Young(his actions will make him ripe for the low risk contract)

Draft:
1: Datone Jones, DE, UCLA- And we have the replacement for RJF and the future at RDE.
2: Xavier Rhodes, CB, FSU- He could rise or fall in this draft, but for the sake of the scenario I have us trading up on draft day to take him seeing as we have the ammo to do so.
3: Jordan Reed, TE, Florida- He will replace Walker and I think will be more sure handed. But either way I think him and Celek will compete for the number 2 TE spot right away.
4(comp pick): Tavarres King, WR, Georgia- If we get him here this could end up being the best pick right away.

Later we get the kicker to replace Akers.

Love that pick. I think we have our Aaron Hernandez type player. But I think Rhodes will be gone before our pick in the 2nd.

I did a screw up on the scenario. Meant KC not Cleveland in the trade up to get Rhodes in round 2.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:

Really? Are we forgetting that Matt Cassell was traded for a 2nd rounder after a decent season in New England after having not started a football game from his Freshman year in College until Tom Brady went down with an injury? He wasn't considered good enough to START in college. And that is not even including the fact that Belichick threw in Vrabel for only a 2nd rounder as a favor to Scott Pioli. There were offers thrown in where the Patriots could have gotten first rounders from Detroit or Tampa Bay. In 2009 that was either the first overall selection or the 17th overall selection for a guy who before the 2008 regular season hadn't started a football game on any level since 2000 when he was a senior at Chatsworth HS in Chatsworth Ca.

What about the fact that Andy Reid not only got a 2nd round pick from Arizona but also got them to throw in Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie for Kevin freaking Kolb.

Matt Schaub never more than spot started in Atlanta. Atlanta got 2 2nd round picks for him.

None of the players named did much in the NFL before they were traded for a 2nd rounder or more.

Alex Smith had a rough first few seasons but the last 4 he played he actually played better than people think.

Also 90 percent of his career? The past two seasons alone would account to 25 percent of his career. Then you throw in 2009 and 2010 and more than 50 percent of his career has consisted of average or better play and included taking a team to the NFC title game and in your last start being named the NFC Offensive Player of the week. Oh and let's not forget he was out all of 2008 and pretty much all of 2007. So really only 25 percent of his career cound be described as garbage.

What can any of these other names say in response to that before being traded to the teams they were traded to?

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: