Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Browns best 34 ILB set to be ready for camp after injury.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldog

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruceb wrote:
Seems that some posters' "like" of DJ because he is a Brown and has been for a while and has stats that don't mean bupkis exceeds his capability and worth.

And it seems some posters post a bunch of words without actually saying anything at all.
Ether

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
Also with JMJ Acho Carder Fort Robinson and possibly Miava there is enough talent on hand to fill the spot opposite gocong.

I hope you're joking. What have any of those players shown us that makes you believe they are starters in a 3-4? Why are you obsessed with Gocong over Dqwell? DQ has outplayed him in every facet.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Not to disrespect Gocong because I don't like to diss our own players, but Gocong at his best with us was still just average. I don't care what defense we are playing, if DQ and Gocong are on the same field DQ is the better player. My eyes tell me so.

my eyes tell me i will never say a bad word about chris gocong for his four straight goalline stuffs against PIT

so

<3 gocong

I can certainly respect and appreciate that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
I wasn't talking about cutting him, I am for trading him to a 43 team.

Why trade your best linebacker and defensive captain who has more NFL experience in the 3-4 than the rest of the linebackers combined?

Explain without sounding like a hater.

#1 there are enough leaders on the D that losing DQ wouldn't effect anything especially with a new scheme. His experiance is with the 2 gap 34 not Hortons 1 gap 34. It's like saying spanish and italian are close enough to be the same thing. So he actually has zero experiance in the 1 gap 34, same as everyone else. DQ is at his highest worth on the open market he is ever going to be again on the trade block. The 34 will kill his worth. Also with JMJ Acho Carder Fort Robinson and possibly Miava there is enough talent on hand to fill the spot opposite gocong.

How do you know, you just said he has no experience in it and that it is a different scheme?

Location: 2014 Adopt a Brownie: Jim Dray: 7 Receptions, 91 Yards (13.0 ypc), 1 TD
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zelbell wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Marky wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Sounds like another DS hates DQ thread.

In no scenario do I think it is a good idea to let DQ go anywhere. So trading him or cutting him, is out of the question. He is too much of a staple in our defense, even if his role changes. He is paramount to the fervor of our defense, and his veteran leadership and work ethic are not to be dismissed. If he can't get it done in the 3-4, he will at least get the chance to show it in training camp. And if the new regime sees fit to get rid of him before then, I will disagree with that decision and I would bet that our defense's intensity takes a huge hit from his departure.

I shall hear no more of this talk to get rid of DQ.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Why trade your best linebacker and defensive captain who has more NFL experience in the 3-4 than the rest of the linebackers combined?

#1 there are enough leaders on the D that losing DQ wouldn't effect anything especially with a new scheme. His experiance is with the 2 gap 34 not Hortons 1 gap 34. It's like saying spanish and italian are close enough to be the same thing. So he actually has zero experiance in the 1 gap 34, same as everyone else. DQ is at his highest worth on the open market he is ever going to be again on the trade block. The 34 will kill his worth. Also with JMJ Acho Carder Fort Robinson and possibly Miava there is enough talent on hand to fill the spot opposite gocong.

That sounds great, except it's a load of garbage.

Best linebacker. Defensive captain. 3-4 experience.

You failed to effectively explain why getting rid of him is a good idea.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Cause all he does is get hurt in the 3-4 duh
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade DQ for Tebow... WINNING!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

Certainly didn't do so without sounding like a hater.

JMJ Acho Carder Fort Robinson and possibly Miava can match everything DQ brings to the table? GTFO.

You obviously lack any objectivity regarding D'Qwell Jackson, as evidenced by the title of this thread. This is so widely known in this forum, you get things like this:

zelbell wrote:
bulldog wrote:
Marky wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
Sounds like another DS hates DQ thread.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

This is NOT pilling on DawgSoldier at ALL,.....after reading that reply to Ditches question (I aint going to lie, I had some of the same logic as ditch)......but your answer is is biggest load of Gut feeling and PURE speculation I have heard in a long time....a statement TOTALLY devoid of ANY factual information.....no offense...seriously no offense was meant.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: