Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OS3's mock v.4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OhioState3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: OS3's mock v.4 Reply with quote

Head Coach- Chip Kelly
Offensive Coordinator- Pat Shurmur
Defensive Coordinator- Billy Davis

Cut/Not Resigned-
Mike Vick
Nmandi Asomugha
Danny Watkins
Kurt Coleman
Demetress Bell
Mike Patterson
Dallas Reynolds
Phillip Hunt
Daryll Tapp
David Sims

Free Agents-
William Moore
-Moore is physical and a ballhawk on defense, he can bring a strength to our safety corps. He can be a total stud and help to control our growing defense.
Antione Cason
He's over 6 foot and can has the size to be physical. He had only had more than 2 interceptions once, but he’s a solid corner and I would take him over DRC.
Aqib Talib
-I know I know I bet more than ¾ of you guys are going to hate this. Gus has a swagger on his defense and believe it or not Talib brings nastiness to whatever defense he is on. He is an exceptional corner that just effs up off the field. I don’t know if this is going to be a good fit as we have no leadership and a new college coach, but maybe cracks down and treats him like a college kid.
Sammie Lee Hill
-He could definitely play for some other teams and be in a three man rotation. Sammie Lee will come in cheap and backup DT on the front 3 in our new 34 defense.
Bryant McKinnie
-Just a veteran LT that can add depth to our line that is banged up. He did win a superbowl with the Ravens protecting Joe Flacco.
Dennis Dixon

Restructures-
Jason Peters
-He’s getting older and he is coming off of an injury so he knows that he has to take a cut in his salary because it will help the team.

Trades-
Trent Cole to Atlanta for 4 (30)

2013 NFL Draft
1. Kansas City- Geno Smith
2. Jacksonville- Damonte Moore DE/OLB Texas A&M
3. Oakland- Star Louteli DT Utah

**trade 1 (4) to Miami for 1 (12) and 2 (24) and 3 (20)

**trade 1 (12) to St. Louis for 1 (22) and 2 (16)

1. 22. Dion Jordan OLB Oregon 6’7 243 lbs
Chip brings in one of his own. He’s an athletic freak and his ceiling makes me salivate. We give up Cole rather than risk him not fitting into the 34. He will be able to get after the passer and if needed help in coverage. I think he needs to pack on some weight to be better against the run, but I’m sure that won’t be a problem doing an NFL weight lifting program.

2. 3. John Jenkins NT Georgia 6’4 359 lbs.
If we can grab Jenkins with the 35th pick it will be incredible to building our 34 defense. With the addition of a freak athlete of Jordan adding the center piece to our defensive line is going to be huge as well. I think he will go between the picks 25 and 40 but I really think we can grab him at 35 because the senior bowl exposed that although he is a great player and a true talent, he had mental errors in drills and he took some plays off. He is an impact player that will be stout against the run and will draw double teams that will help our linebackers and ends. This is a must pick for Chip.

2. 16. Larry Warford G Kentucky 6’3 343 lbs.
Warford is one of the best prospects in the draft. Guard is undervalued, and I think he is a better prospect thatn Chacne just because Chance is being talked aobut being a possible top 10 pick and Warford is a 2nd rounder. We can get one of the best offensive line prospects in the draft with a mid 2nd. The only problem is, is bumping Herremans back to RT. I think he will be better than last year as he’ll have another offseason to adjust. With Warford and everyone coming back healthy I think we will have one of the best offensive lines in the league.

2. 24. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State 5’11 180 lbs.
Poyer is a very talented corner. He has the speed to hang with any kind of receivers and he has very good ball skills. I think that he needs to put on weight to be more successful and be a better tackler. Also right now bigger receivers will own him, but once an NFL weight program works with him I think he’ll but on the bulk he needs, so he can be successful.

3. 5. Jonathon Cyprien S Florida International 6’0 209 lbs.
The safeties in this draft are really talented and deep. I would take almost any of them, but one just stands out. Cyprien is from a lackluster program but watching him at the Senior Bowl made me delve into Florida International game tape. He is a player that brings it all to the game and leaves it all on the field. He is force against the run and above average in coverage but he will have Jairus next to him which will help him out. He is a beast in the box and he will never shy away from contact. Honestly I think he has one of the highest ceilings of anyone in the draft. He can be a playmaker for years to come in our secondary.

3. 20. Da’Rick Rodgers WR Tennessee Tech 6’3 206 lbs.
I’m taking a big WR here. I think Da’Rick is perfect for this team. He is athletic and has size. The only problem here is that I think he has a good combine and is out of our reach late in the third.

4. 4. Dennis Quessenberry OG San Jose State 6’5 295 lbs.
He really showed me something at the Senior Bowl and has gotten himself onto the map. He can play any position on the line which is something we might need. He stood his ground against everyone at the Senior Bowl which shows that although he is from a small school he can take on some great talent. He has great mobility and in Chip’s offense some mobile offensive linemen can help it out. He’s brought in as depth at first, but I have him replacing Evan Mathis once he moves on or he may even be able to play right tackle.

4. 30. Jordan Hill DT Penn State 6’2 294 lbs.
Hill is one of the hardest working defensive tackles in college football. His motor never stops. He might not be the strongest defensive tackle or fastest. He can get penetration and in college he was able to draw double teams and if he takes the time to get stronger and learns behind Cullen and Fletcher I think that he can become a very good role player or maybe even an effective starter.

5. 3. Vance McDonald TE Rice 6’5 261 lbs.
An athletic freak TE that can help in Chip Kelly’s offense. He can work on his blocking for Kelly’s blocking scheme and improve before the season.

5. 8. Michael Buchanan OLB Illinois 6’5 252 lbs.
He is very athletic and although an underwhelming season I still think he has the talent to succeed. He might not be the incredible pass rusher that some experts expected him to be. I think he can be a great role player and rotate at OLB and make plays if needed. He may also end up being a good special teams player with his athleticism.

6. 5. Graham Pocic C Illinois 6’5 310 lbs.
He’s a big, tall Center that has played against some good defensive lines in the Big Ten. I think he has a good chance to be a good backup and maybe even take over for Kelce after a couple of years learning the ropes.

6. 7. Tyrann Mathieu CB Louisiana State 5’9 178 lbs.
People are going to hate this but like it or not this kid has talent. He might not be the best cover corner but he has tenacity and brings energy to the field. He can contribute on special teams either covering kicks or returning them. He may end up being a steal in the draft.

7. 4. Vince Williams ILB Florida State 6’1 248 lbs.
Big ILB prospect that can eat blocks on special teams and if ever implemented in to the defensive scheme.

7. 24. Dan Buckner WR Arizona 6’4 212 lbs.
A big wide receiver that is very physical and can help in the red zone possibly.

QB- Nick Foles, Dennis Dixon, Trent Edwards
RB- Lesean McCoy, Bryce Brown, Dion Lewis, Chris Polk
FB- Stanley Havilii
WR1- Desean Jackson, Da’Rick Rodgers, Damaris Johnson
WR2- Jeremy Maclin, Riley Cooper
SLOT- Jason Avant, Dan Buckner
TE- Brent Celek, Vance McDonald
LT- Jason Peters, Bryant McKinnie
LG- Evan Mathis, Dennis Quessenberry
C- Jason Kelce, Graham Pocic
RG- Larry Warford, Jake Scott
RT- Todd Herremans, Dennis Kelly

DT- Cullen Jenkins, Jordan Hill, Antonio Dixon
NT- John Jenkins, Sammie Lee Hill
DT- Fletcher Cox, Cedric Thorton
OLB- Dion Jordan, Michael Buchanan
ILB- Demeco Ryans, Vince Williams
ILB- Mychal Kendricks, Casey Matthews
OLB- Brandon Graham, Vinny Curry
CB- Aqib Talib, Jordan Poyer
CB- Antoine Cason, Curtis Marsh
NICKEL- Brandon Boykin, Tyrann Mathieu
FS- William Moore, Nate Allen
SS- Jonathon Cyprien, Colt Anderson

Last edited by OhioState3 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
oland11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Antoine Cassone?
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't care much for FA, and draft seems highly optimistic, even though I like it.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Kempes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The draft would be awesome if we could somehow pull it off, bit hopeful though.

Highly doubt Atlanta let Moore get away either, they'll definitely pay him if they need to. He was great last year and already told them he'd like to be back next season.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Don't care much for FA, and draft seems highly optimistic, even though I like it.

Sentiments as well

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: