Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A look at Chris Johnson (Edit: Poll Added)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Titans cut Chris Johnson?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

Author Message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
@king Titan I agree with what u said he is a playmaker infraction that's why he held out for QB money he said he's not just a RB he's a playmaker.
@justing101 CJ is not a straight line speed RB. If he were he wouldn't fit in the zone blocking scheme. The guy has tremendous footwork & can stop & change direction in a heart beat.
A guy that only has straight line speed is DArion McFadden.
He needs to quit pressing & play how he use to with patience & when he see the whole hit it.
CJ looses that patience when he's getting no help from his O line & leave some holes that are open left on the field because he try to be Berry Sanders & make his own hole.
It goes in this order to me interior o line offensive play calling then CJ patience & will to know when to take whats giving & when to try to hit a home run.


When I say that I mean he needs to have a hole he can run through to get to the next level before he can start making some people miss, that's been rare lately. But I do agree with you 100%. Dude just hates CJ and will never like him so no point in even arguing with him. Is he worth 10 mil a year... probably not, but I don't think any football player really is so yeah. But he is our ONLY homerun hitter and why the F would we get rid of that when we have NOTHING else. Who would do that you ask? A stupid moron, that's who.... that's who.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2828
Location: My house
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justing101 wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
@king Titan I agree with what u said he is a playmaker infraction that's why he held out for QB money he said he's not just a RB he's a playmaker.
@justing101 CJ is not a straight line speed RB. If he were he wouldn't fit in the zone blocking scheme. The guy has tremendous footwork & can stop & change direction in a heart beat.
A guy that only has straight line speed is DArion McFadden.
He needs to quit pressing & play how he use to with patience & when he see the whole hit it.
CJ looses that patience when he's getting no help from his O line & leave some holes that are open left on the field because he try to be Berry Sanders & make his own hole.
It goes in this order to me interior o line offensive play calling then CJ patience & will to know when to take whats giving & when to try to hit a home run.


When I say that I mean he needs to have a hole he can run through to get to the next level before he can start making some people miss, that's been rare lately. But I do agree with you 100%. Dude just hates CJ and will never like him so no point in even arguing with him. Is he worth 10 mil a year... probably not, but I don't think any football player really is so yeah. But he is our ONLY homerun hitter and why the F would we get rid of that when we have NOTHING else. Who would do that you ask? A stupid moron, that's who.... that's who.


I don't hate CJ. I think he is a very stand-up guy. I like what he brings to the community and he is basically the only face that can give the Titans any recognition outside of Tennessee. I accept that.

I am sorry that you feel I'm a moron, but if you reply to me directly with your opinion that is represented with zero facts or statistics I am going to reply as to why I believe you are wrong and support my claim with a factual argument. But if using insults and fallacies makes you feel as if you are on the right side of the argument; to each their own.

I am also sorry that you don't understand that the importance of positive yardage in the early downs vs. homeruns, and the idea of overpaying for a devalued position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dionysus


Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1638
Location: Houston, TX
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't for his ginormous contract, I seriously doubt we'd be having all of these threads about cutting CJ or even heavily questioning and criticizing his play. Everybody says he dances too much now. From what I've seen, it's the same dancing and shifting that he was doing back when he got those 2000 yards. The main difference that people conveniently overlook is he was dancing behind an O-line that was light-years better than this one, and anchored by an All-Pro center calling the shots in a run-first based offense. They didn't get punked and pushed around like a bunch of school girls like these guys now, but I'm sure that has nothing to do with anything. The truth is our run blocking and CJ's production started going downhill as soon as we lost Kevin Mawae, and replaced him with Amano who should've stayed at OG. Coincidence? Not by a long shot.

I almost wish that people would get exactly what they want and put an end to this issue once and for all. That's why I voted "Yes". We cut CJ and let him go to a decent team and tears it up like he used to. Meanwhile we draft or sign our new "messiah" of RBs that people are clamoring for so bad, and he comes in and barely get half the production that CJ was getting in his worst season. At the end of the year our entire running game will total just over 1000 yards, and that's including Locker's rushing yards. For some people, reality never sets in until it bites them in the a$$.

_________________
BEST QUOTE: "Sometimes you gotta treat people wrong to treat yourself right"...Daffy Duck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
justing101 wrote:
J.Redd10 wrote:
@king Titan I agree with what u said he is a playmaker infraction that's why he held out for QB money he said he's not just a RB he's a playmaker.
@justing101 CJ is not a straight line speed RB. If he were he wouldn't fit in the zone blocking scheme. The guy has tremendous footwork & can stop & change direction in a heart beat.
A guy that only has straight line speed is DArion McFadden.
He needs to quit pressing & play how he use to with patience & when he see the whole hit it.
CJ looses that patience when he's getting no help from his O line & leave some holes that are open left on the field because he try to be Berry Sanders & make his own hole.
It goes in this order to me interior o line offensive play calling then CJ patience & will to know when to take whats giving & when to try to hit a home run.


When I say that I mean he needs to have a hole he can run through to get to the next level before he can start making some people miss, that's been rare lately. But I do agree with you 100%. Dude just hates CJ and will never like him so no point in even arguing with him. Is he worth 10 mil a year... probably not, but I don't think any football player really is so yeah. But he is our ONLY homerun hitter and why the F would we get rid of that when we have NOTHING else. Who would do that you ask? A stupid moron, that's who.... that's who.


I don't hate CJ. I think he is a very stand-up guy. I like what he brings to the community and he is basically the only face that can give the Titans any recognition outside of Tennessee. I accept that.

I am sorry that you feel I'm a moron, but if you reply to me directly with your opinion that is represented with zero facts or statistics I am going to reply as to why I believe you are wrong and support my claim with a factual argument. But if using insults and fallacies makes you feel as if you are on the right side of the argument; to each their own.

I am also sorry that you don't understand that the importance of positive yardage in the early downs vs. homeruns, and the idea of overpaying for a devalued position.


I'm sorry you don't understand that it takes a good o-line to make an actual hole for a scat back to run through before he can get going. I'm sorry you don't watch the games to understand what that means. I'm sorry I called you a moron lol. I'm sorry but he is the same player he has always been but now has a pathetic o-line and that affects him a lot. I'm with you on the money, he is worth maybe 5 or 6 million a year to me and he needs another RB to go with him. But to just release him and have Ringer and Harper is beyond stupid. I guess you don't understand the importance of an o-line but yeah to each their own even if you are dead wrong.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2828
Location: My house
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CJ wasn't vastly overpaid I would not bring this up. Correct.

The oline is by far the most important part of a running game. Im saying spend that ten million on OL and a 5th rd RB and well have more consustent running. Sure if you spend 50 million on an OL CJ will be effective, but you cant spend that if you overpay at RB.
Vicious circle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
justing101


Joined: 09 Mar 2010
Posts: 1509
Location: Middle Tennessee
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
If CJ wasn't vastly overpaid I would not bring this up. Correct.

The oline is by far the most important part of a running game. Im saying spend that ten million on OL and a 5th rd RB and well have more consustent running. Sure if you spend 50 million on an OL CJ will be effective, but you cant spend that if you overpay at RB.
Vicious circle.


Id love a restructure of his contract. So let us agree there and be best friends from here on out lol Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J.Redd10


Joined: 28 Mar 2007
Posts: 959
Location: Memphis TN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TitanSS actually for the past 2 seasons the titans have been way under the cap CJ contract is not holding the franchise under hostage.
we have no franchise QB therefore we're not paying top dollar at the QB position
we're not paying TOP across any position on offense other than ROOs & Stewart our bookend Tackles.
On defense the highest paid player is Griffin & Mcourty
Plz stop making it sound as if CJ contract is weighing us as a team down from getting better.
Again if you want to be mad @ someone blame our Idiot owner & HC for not addressing our 2 biggest needs the past 2 seasons OL & DL.
They let Finnegan walk when we should've franchised him but didn't want to over pay him but they wanted to over pay a safety that hasn't had game since Madden 10.
The titans brought this on themselves instead of point fingers @ the player point it at the front office.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TitanSS


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Posts: 2828
Location: My house
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J.Redd10 wrote:
@TitanSS actually for the past 2 seasons the titans have been way under the cap CJ contract is not holding the franchise under hostage.
we have no franchise QB therefore we're not paying top dollar at the QB position
we're not paying TOP across any position on offense other than ROOs & Stewart our bookend Tackles.
On defense the highest paid player is Griffin & Mcourty
Plz stop making it sound as if CJ contract is weighing us as a team down from getting better.
Again if you want to be mad @ someone blame our Idiot owner & HC for not addressing our 2 biggest needs the past 2 seasons OL & DL.
They let Finnegan walk when we should've franchised him but didn't want to over pay him but they wanted to over pay a safety that hasn't had game since Madden 10.
The titans brought this on themselves instead of point fingers @ the player point it at the front office.


You act like I'm mad at Chris Johnson? All I've said is if you can get out of a bad contract, get out of it.

There also hasn't been a FA pool like the upcoming one in a very long time, especially with positions that are dire needs for the Titans.

People also complain we don't sign top quality FAs. Well thats because we can't overpay for free agents when we already overpay our own players.

I'm down for cutting Griffin and a lot of other people too. Don't think I'm not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wilmtalk


Joined: 16 Aug 2009
Posts: 182
Location: nor cal
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I understand Titans point. When I was much younger a large number of the top picks in each draft were running backs. That has changed drastically. The position has been down graded in importance. I remember this same argument during Chris's hold out where some were arguing that the Titans shouldn't be overpaying a running back. I think the point that there is a call for the offense to be adjusted to the running back is an example of why paying that position so much creates a problem. You want to get the most out of your money investment. Well it is a mistake to adjust an offense to accommodate a home run hitter unless you have a super defense. Consistency is far more important. You also don't want to continue something that will not get you the result you want just because it is all you have now.

That said I feel the Titans can make an adjustment to take advantage of both Locker and Chris's talents. They need to incorperate the pistol. It worked well with the 49'er offense. The defense has to guard the corners against the QB or cover the middle against the running back. It would open up the middle for Johnson and stretch the field at the same time. The off season would be a good opportunity to work on that. That doesn't mean that you abandon the pocket but just make the pistol as part of the package.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group