Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TEs R'Us
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fullback40

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
i know Winslow's knees are one hit away from being blown to pieces. i'd welcome him back though just for nostalgia factor. i loved that dude in 07.

Olsen would also be great. i just hope the new regime gives Cameron a chance to prove himself.

Winslow would be perfect for this team if we really believe in Jordan Cameron and we don't bring back Watson.

Winslow is a spot starter who could teach Cameron how to use his athleticism to his advantage.

If we believe that Cameron will be a #1 TE, we should bring in K2 just to have an insurance policy should the Cameron experiment backfire. K2 would be cheap and is uber talented. Chud also knows how to use him. And he's from The U.
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tully305 wrote:
NickZambo wrote:
I can see us going after Greg Olsen from Carolina. Playmaker TE familiar with Chud's system.

Word. He can bring the 7th Floor Crew to C-Town

I love Olsen, but would Carolina be willing to trade him after they signed him to a 4 yr contract extension. Good thing....His guaranteed $$$ is paid in full besides workout bonuses. So they're just incurring his base salary. It won't cost them anything guarantee-wise. So if that's the case, what do you give up?

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do the Browns need to bring in one of the tight ends mentioned in the OP? Why can't Jordan Cameron develop into a top tight end? Considering how raw and inexperienced he is, I thought he looked pretty solid last year. He's got a lot of potential and simply needs to learn how to develop his talent. If anyone could get the best out of Cameron, it's Chud.

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

KamTrus20

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Travis Kelce is the most over looked and underrated TE in the draft. He is the most versitile TE in the draft by far as well. He can play and has played in line TE, slot and split out wide. He is a great blocked maybe even the best overall in the draft. He may not be as good a man up blocker as Michael Williams, however, Cincinnati used him all over blocking. He was used on traps, a pulling lead blocker, to seal the edge on sweeps, lead blocker on ISOs.

He can block, run routes and make plays from anywhere and everywhere on the field. Not only is this a projection of what he can do in the future in the NFL, but he has already proven to be able to do all these things as well.

I have consistantly seen him mocked in here as a 4th and 5th rounder. The fact is that is simply not going to happen. When April rolls around we are going to be lucky if he is still on the board at #68.

And for more unpopular opinions from KamTrus I have recently seen my early favorite FS being touted as Top 10. I would be thrilled out of my mind if we landed Kenny Vaccaro at #6

Jamison on the sig
dawgpound1816

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
Why do the Browns need to bring in one of the tight ends mentioned in the OP? Why can't Jordan Cameron develop into a top tight end? Considering how raw and inexperienced he is, I thought he looked pretty solid last year. He's got a lot of potential and simply needs to learn how to develop his talent. If anyone could get the best out of Cameron, it's Chud.

As Chud is a great TE coach, Jordan Cameron still couldn't unseat Ben Watson and Alex Smith this year. 22 games played, 26 catches - 259 yes - 1TD. That's with Colt (the TE targeter) & Seneca playing QB last year, and a 16 game schedule this year. If you can't unseat 2 TEs on the roster ahead of him, how are going to become amazing in 1 offseason? Chud? Chud is amazing and the kid is raw, but why not bolster a position that is very very weak? 50+ mil to get things right this offseason. Start with a position that Chud can dominate with. Give him a weapon to keep defenses honest. I hope Cameron is the only one that stays, but only til his contract is done or he finally proves himself. This game has became so advanced at the TE position, it's make something happen or get out. Brady made Hernandez & Gronk? Brees made Gates & Graham? Who was the QB for Fred Davis last year? How about Kyle Rudolph....Ponder? VD in Frisco? We can go on and on, but you get my drift.....I'm not dawging on you brother, but in this phase of the game.....go get a producer. Don't sit and wait around when you have 3 opportunities.....$$$$$, Coaching & talent available.

R.I.P. Brother Crakburn - Never Bark in the Dark Brother Crakburn....For all of us Dawgs will be barking to the heavens for you.
kelbot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be against signing Finley, if he is indeed released.

I get the frustration of his drops, especially because he is wide open so often. Dude is a matchup nightmare. A weapon the browns sorely lack over the middle.
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Finely is overrated

Adopt a Brownie

TJ "Trauma" Ward

TKL- 75, INT- 2, Sack- 1.5,PDF-7, TD-2

Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign a TE in FA and draft one as well..

I have little to no faith in Cameron contributing in a major role.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
Travis Kelce is the most over looked and underrated TE in the draft. He is the most versitile TE in the draft by far as well. He can play and has played in line TE, slot and split out wide. He is a great blocked maybe even the best overall in the draft. He may not be as good a man up blocker as Michael Williams, however, Cincinnati used him all over blocking. He was used on traps, a pulling lead blocker, to seal the edge on sweeps, lead blocker on ISOs.

He can block, run routes and make plays from anywhere and everywhere on the field. Not only is this a projection of what he can do in the future in the NFL, but he has already proven to be able to do all these things as well.

I have consistantly seen him mocked in here as a 4th and 5th rounder. The fact is that is simply not going to happen. When April rolls around we are going to be lucky if he is still on the board at #68.

And for more unpopular opinions from KamTrus I have recently seen my early favorite FS being touted as Top 10. I would be thrilled out of my mind if we landed Kenny Vaccaro at #6

Getting these two with our top 2 picks would be sweet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: