Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Arizona Cardinals General Draft Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
I think he CAN be the franchize QB. He won't be first year though. He'll have to be developed no doubt more than QBs in years past have. He's not going to make an immediate impact which is why I would prefer him in the 2nd round

Neither Rivers or Rodgers had first year impact. If he is a franchise QB, you pick him. Even if you have to wait 2-3 years to get that franchise QB on the field, if you really beleive that he can get there and be the guy that leads you to the playoffs and superbowls you pick him. You trade up to make sure you get him if you beleive in him that much.
AZPSquared

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Glennon would start immediately because Keim said this isnt a rebuilding its a retooling; they want to compete next yr

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZPSquared wrote:
I believe Glennon would start immediately because Keim said this isnt a rebuilding its a retooling; they want to compete next yr

If we pick him at 7 I have to beleive it is with the intent to have him start. What the scope of his impact will be is different, going to be interesting to watch the kid.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
AZPSquared wrote:

If we pick him at 7 I have to beleive it is with the intent to have him start. What the scope of his impact will be is different, going to be interesting to watch the kid.

If you take him with the first pick you have to start him IMO

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:

Why do you beleive that? Any reason? Is it becasue if you pick somsone in the first round you beleive it must mean they are ready to start and immediately improve the team?

What if it hurts a player long term to start them short term? Do you still have to start them immedaitely?

Lets go with this scenario; You beleive a player can be a franchise QB. but he needs a season to sit watch and learn. Starting him as a rookie will only hinder him, but you give him that year and he is going to be an Eli Manning type QB for you he is going to win some games for you, lose some games for you, but he along with a balanced team will keep you in the playoof hunt year in and year out and then really turn it up in the playoffs.

You don't give him that year and he flames out after 3-4 seasons; he struggled behind the terrible OL, he had issues with reading defenses becasue he lacked the operational knowledge a year in the film room would have given him.

In that scenario I take the guy 1st overall. I love that upside in the QB, but I am sure as heck not going to start that kid week 1 (With this foresight).

The amount of playing time any rookie gets depends entirely on the makeup of that rookie. Glennon for example I think is going to be best served essentially taking a red shirt his rookie season.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

Why do you beleive that? Any reason? Is it becasue if you pick somsone in the first round you beleive it must mean they are ready to start and immediately improve the team?

What if it hurts a player long term to start them short term? Do you still have to start them immedaitely?

Lets go with this scenario; You beleive a player can be a franchise QB. but he needs a season to sit watch and learn. Starting him as a rookie will only hinder him, but you give him that year and he is going to be an Eli Manning type QB for you he is going to win some games for you, lose some games for you, but he along with a balanced team will keep you in the playoof hunt year in and year out and then really turn it up in the playoffs.

You don't give him that year and he flames out after 3-4 seasons; he struggled behind the terrible OL, he had issues with reading defenses becasue he lacked the operational knowledge a year in the film room would have given him.

In that scenario I take the guy 1st overall. I love that upside in the QB, but I am sure as heck not going to start that kid week 1 (With this foresight).

The amount of playing time any rookie gets depends entirely on the makeup of that rookie. Glennon for example I think is going to be best served essentially taking a red shirt his rookie season.

It's just my general way of thinking, when you have a pick in the top 10 I want that player on the field outside of the top 10 I'm fine with the player sitting out but if we took him at 7 I want him to make an impact

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LuckyNumber11 wrote:
It's just my general way of thinking, when you have a pick in the top 10 I want that player on the field outside of the top 10 I'm fine with the player sitting out but if we took him at 7 I want him to make an impact

So even if it is going to hinder a player long term you are still going to put them on the field just to get that "immediate impact"?
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Glennon needs to sit at least first half of season.

He isnt Luck or RG3 etc

Question is, who plays while he sits, is it Kolb or someone else?
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
LuckyNumber11 wrote:

So even if it is going to hinder a player long term you are still going to put them on the field just to get that "immediate impact"?

I don't think we should be taking a player in the top 10 if they aren't going to have an immediate impact. So no and yes is your answer. I all depends on where we picked the player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys here are overestimating how raw Glennon is. Physically, he just needs to add at least 10 pounds.

As far as playing, he actually goes through his progressions very well. He doesn't lock onto or stare down receivers. Add in the fact that he threw more NFL type throws than any other QB in this class and I'd say he could contribute year 1 if he works on his decision making/footwork under pressure. I think he'd be a much higher rated prospect if he had a better supporting cast. NCST was seriously bad. He had one of the worst running games supporting him despite defenses being aware he can stretch the field and he had one of the worst receiving corps in terms of drops.
shawn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my only real problem with Glennon is the way he handles pressure. Out of all the QBs in this class, his pocket awerness is the worst. And I honestly do not think that part of his game can be improved enough where he can be a top ten NFL QB.

I had a youtube clip in my favorites on Glennen, but it's gone now and I can't seem to find it again. I'm guessing whoever put it up, took it down. It's a shame, because it was really funny.

sig made by mike23md
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Glennon but he is not worth the 7th overall pick in the draft

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
my only real problem with Glennon is the way he handles pressure. Out of all the QBs in this class, his pocket awerness is the worst. And I honestly do not think that part of his game can be improved enough where he can be a top ten NFL QB.

He does a better job than Landry Jones at managing the pocket.
shawn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
shawn wrote:

not in my opinion. Although, trying to argue who is better at managing the pocket between Jones and Glennon is like arguing if pancreatitus or Kidney Stones is better...they both suck.

sig made by mike23md
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn wrote:
khodder wrote:
shawn wrote:

not in my opinion. Although, trying to argue who is better at managing the pocket between Jones and Glennon is like arguing if pancreatitus or Kidney Stones is better...they both suck.

Kidney Stones>>>>> If only because I have no idea what the other thing is.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 71 of 100

Jump to: