Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rams claim former Lions WR Titus Young
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
tim199009 wrote:
fansincela wrote:
My a** he's better than Megatron. Megatron will pass Rice when it's all said and done

you werent suppose to take him seriously

And, I doubt Megatron passes Rice. Rice had Montana/Young throwing to him.

Agreed, I don't see anyone passing Rice. He had crazy production and was able to stay healthy for 97% of his career...

Out of the 20 seasons he played, he was able to play in all 16 games every year but one. That is just insane...
Never know. He could if DET throws is 70% of the time for the rest of his career. Gotta keep Linehan there.

Never know, but I don't see Calvin staying healthy long enough to surpass Rice's marks...

TommyC376 on the sig...
asylum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your pick up. I think most of you are a little too excited and a bit delusional about his "talent". You basicly got yourself another Az-Zahir Hakim with a couple exceptions: Hakim could return kicks and could run a couple routs. Also, Hakim never intentionally lined up at the wrong spot because he wanted the ball more. At least Owens took that gripe to the media and never actually let it affect his play.

You look at all the WR's that have issues in the recent past and you will see that Young actually has a MUCH larger ego, and all of those "troubled" WR's still produced on the field. Titus Young never backed up his ego with results, he just figured we should take him at his word that he was a great WR.

StLunatic88 wrote:
stlblackshirt wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
stlblackshirt wrote:
Shocked

This can't be good.

Quote:
how can adding a 2nd round pick who is as talented as any of our WR's, for basically nothing, not a good move?

When he decides to line up where he wants on the line. thats when its a bad move
We literally assume no risk but could get a huge reward. Great move imo.

Because he's a [inappropriate/removed]. Yes you could cut him the first sign of trouble. Yes he was a 2nd round pick with a ton of talent. But just because the Rams have burned down the 4 pillars doesn't mean you take on terrible character guys like this. He's openly quit on his team. He's think he's better than Calvin Johnson. He's openly feuded with the Lions and DARED them to cut him. Check out his twitter - @TitusDYoungSr

You never publicly dare your boss to fire you. He's an immature tool.
A) There is much more to the situation than that

B)You not I have ever been in a professional dynamic anything close to the NFL, so to try to speak on the goings on inside a locker room are always a crapshoot.

Kids got an ego, but it wasnt really a problem last year, or the first half of this year... Just saying, its always easy to blame the player for the whole thing

Like I stated, he lined up in the wrong places on purpose. He made a couple big plays here and there. Other than that he really didn't offer anything special, with the exception he could run fast. He couldn't run a clean rout and could not get seperation from his defender unless it was a sprint race post. I recall him dropping more passes than he caught (clean passes and bad passes). The NFL is filled with guys that can run fast, he is no more talanted than Az-Zahir Hakim (Hakim was better because he could at least return kicks).

Francis Bacon
asylum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RyanFuller003"]
StLunatic88 wrote:
I think if he was ever going to have an opportunity to get his head on straight and realize he isn't the second coming of Jerry Rice,

Acually, he did an interview his rookie year and said he was there to replace Berry Sanders.

Francis Bacon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: