Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Osi's Contract Voided, becomes UFA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkebones

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Osi's Contract Voided, becomes UFA Reply with quote

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/07/contract-of-osi-umenyiora-voided-defensive-end-now-an-unrestricted-free-agent/

buh-bye...
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not to worried about it ...

Draft day better come by quick Laughing

Not a Knicks fan
NYGiantsman10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your time Osi. I'm interested to see what he gets
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here comes a 1st round DE pick.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because his contract is voided, does that mean we will get a compensatory pick for him next offseason? Just trying to look at the bright side of things.

Anyways, Osi has always been one of my favorite Giants. He had a great career as a Giant, and got two rings. I hope someone pays him this offseason.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
Because his contract is voided, does that mean we will get a compensatory pick for him next offseason? Just trying to look at the bright side of things.

Anyways, Osi has always been one of my favorite Giants. He had a great career as a Giant, and got two rings. I hope someone pays him this offseason.

He would have been one of my all time favorites if he didn't run his mouth about everything. I loved him as a player (back when he cared) but him off the field just made me shake my head.

Not a Knicks fan
JerseeJerry55

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Osi was at times potentially the best RDE in the NFL, and other times he appeared ordinary. Sorry to see him leave, but he did a fine job while here. Yes I can see the Giants going DE in the draft. As presently consituted I still think we are the best team in the division.
bigblueben

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:

I'm fairly sure that the Giants worded and sorted his contract like this so that they would get a comensatory pick. Osi had an option to pick up the last year of his contract, but it was at sub-1m, so he would be near enough guaranteed to reject it. Therefore, the failure to re-sign lies with Osi, and the Giants are entitled to a compensatory pick.

Thanks for your time with us Osi, and good luck in the future

mad props to Rase on the sig
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigblueben wrote:
I'm fairly sure that the Giants worded and sorted his contract like this so that they would get a comensatory pick. Osi had an option to pick up the last year of his contract, but it was at sub-1m, so he would be near enough guaranteed to reject it. Therefore, the failure to re-sign lies with Osi, and the Giants are entitled to a compensatory pick.

Hopefully someone pays him so we can get a 4th round pick. Very Happy
Tehzl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HakeemTheDream wrote:
bigblueben wrote:

Hopefully someone pays him so we can get a 4th round pick. Very Happy

I understand everything now, the Giants will get a comp pick from Osi and then trade all their picks next years for Overall pick #2 and get Jadeveon Clowney. It all makes sense now. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: