Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013- BENGALS WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, people complain a lot. Should have just stuck to the Bengals forum... Laughing
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Man, people complain a lot. Should have just stuck to the Bengals forum... Laughing

shhhh, there there, your home now. your safe. they can't hurt you here

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

You're drunk johndeere1707, go home...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

You're drunk johndeere1707, go home...

nope, im at work saving lives

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you guys be interested in signing RFA CB Al Jefferson? He is at ROFR, and I think it wouldn't hurt to offer him a contract. Thoughts? We have until tomorrow night at 10PM to offer a contract to any of the RFAs

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:
would you guys be interested in signing RFA CB Al Jefferson? He is at ROFR, and I think it wouldn't hurt to offer him a contract. Thoughts? We have until tomorrow night at 10PM to offer a contract to any of the RFAs

Maybe I'm being a homer but I like the young CBs we have: Ghee, Prater, Lewis-Harris.

I'm thinking either we go for a top corner or develop the young guys...
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Maybe I'm being a homer but I like the young CBs we have: Ghee, Prater, Lewis-Harris.

I agree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the period for offering RFAs still open? In the discussion thread people assume it expired either Thursday or Friday night.

Looking at who is available, we don't really need to go after anyone.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Is the period for offering RFAs still open? In the discussion thread people assume it expired either Thursday or Friday night.

Looking at who is available, we don't really need to go after anyone.

We can offer other people's RFA contracts not our own anymore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Throw in Dre and I don't think youth is an issue at corner.

Finding veterans in the CB market is more of a necessity. Although A.J. Jefferson is a decent return man.
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

Throw in Dre and I don't think youth is an issue at corner.

Finding veterans in the CB market is more of a necessity. Although A.J. Jefferson is a decent return man.

Agree. Youth at CB is NOT an issue. We have tons of young talent. We need the young talent to step up next year however and take the next step.
sparky151

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RFA phase is about over. We won't lose anyone and didn't go after anyone so nothing has changed for us. Victor Cruz might change teams and that looks like about the only notable move league wide.

So we should get ready for unrestricted free agency. We should offer the veteran minimum to everyone who was on our roster last year. Even guys like Tate, Maualuga, or Clements that we don't especially want back. They fill holes in the roster and know our offensive or defensive system. If they don't make the 53 man roster, that's what training camp is for. We should try to figure out who other teams are likely to make offers on and who we should offer from other teams. I'd like to upgrade the OLB or MLB spots (depending on where Burfict plays), SS, and WR2 either through free agency or the draft and RB1 via the draft.

The talent agency let a lot of players re-sign again so UFA pickings are bare and moderately talented guys will be paid like stars. We have spent a lot of cap so far on Andre, MJ, and Geno. So we need to find some bargain basement types too. Most of our backups, especially on offense should be gettable cheap. Gradkowski, Scott, Leonard, Peerman, Tate, Quinn, and Roland are unlikely to be another team's targets and if we lose them, no biggie. On defense, Zimmer's reputation for reviving careers might make our guys targets. Skuta and Miles should be easy to keep. Maybe Howard too coming off a major injury. I'd expect bidding for Jones, Newman, Gillberry, Lawson, Sims, and probably Crocker and Geathers. Huber and Brown might attract some bids too while Harris and Nugent are unlikely to depart.
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we have a code list so we can discuss who to bid on and how high? Also it's cool to say Rattlesnake is better than Spiderman, but not as good as Waldo.
BengalsEra

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky151 wrote:
Should we have a code list so we can discuss who to bid on and how high? Also it's cool to say Rattlesnake is better than Spiderman, but not as good as Waldo.

explain this please
sparky151

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BengalsEra wrote:
sparky151 wrote:

explain this please

Some but not all forum warrooms use a code list when discussing various players. It's distributed to the participants in the forum so outsiders won't be able to know it's Manny Lawson rather than Chris Crocker or Bernard Scott being referred to when the discussion is how high to bid.

In FFMD most teams spend as much as they can in the current year without consideration of the long term consequences since each year's FFMD starts fresh. So the last good players at a position get bid to ridiculous levels. Brandon Carr went for about 10 mil a year to Dallas in last year's FFMD which is similar to his real life contract with the Cowboys that he reached a month later. Tracy Porter was the last good CB left so got bid up to 18 mil per season. Anthony Collins went for around 8 mil.

The result of that is that FFMD dollars aren't really equal to real life dollars and good players go for more than in real life. I'd suggest we make vet minimum bids on all Bengal free agents. Probably half of those guys will attract no interest from other teams and the bids will expire unchallenged. The others will attract bids from elsewhere and codes would help us discuss who to keep bidding on. And of course we might want to add a player or two from another team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 18 of 73

Jump to: