Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KV's Mock to Remember 1.0: Pre-Combine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: KV's Mock to Remember 1.0: Pre-Combine Reply with quote

Notable Offseason Moves

Extended
oPercy Harvin (4 years): The talent is worth the drama in my opinion. He is one of the most explosive players in the league and is someone you could build an offense around. It would be a huge mistake to bring him.
Re-structured
oKevin Williams: Obviously not as dominant as he once was; but he is still an above-average DT and can give us another couple years of solid production.
oJared Allen: See Williams, Kevin
oAntoine Winfield: Proven to still be a force, he needs to retire a Viking.
Re-signed
oPhil Loadholt (4 years): Solid RT, no need to creat another hole
oJerome Felton (3 years): Pro bowl FB who paved the way for AP's unbelievable season, he needs to be retained.
oJamarca Sanford (3 years): One of the best special-teamers on the team and he can step in as a starter if needed.
oJoe Berger (2 years): Versatile back-up who doesn't cost much.
oErin Henderson (2 years): Inconsistent; but he is usually solid as long as he doesn't have to play nickel
oJerome Simpson (2 years): He can be productive as a 3rd receiver and will come cheap.
oMatt Asiata (2 years): Solid special teamer
oTyrone McKenzie (1 year): special teams leader.
oA.J. Jefferson (RFA Tender): Good dime corner who can step in as starter if needed.
Released
oJohn Carlson: Too expensive and injury prone.
oMichael Jenkins: He just doesn't have what it takes to play receiver in this league anymore.
oJoe Webb: Can't play QB, Can't play WR. Maybe another team can put him to better use.
oCharlie Johnson: Too expensive to keep on as a backup/below-average starter
Free Agents Signed
oDerek Cox, CB, Jacksonville Jaguars: Injury prone player who will probably come at a discounted price. Has proven to be an above-average second corner when healthy.
oSammie Lee Hill, DT, Detroit Lions: Lost behind all the d-line depth in Detroit, he has shown to be a solid NT when on the field.
oDrew Stanton, QB, Indianapolis Colts: A solid option at backup QB who can hold down the fort if Ponder goes down.

The Draft

Round 1(23): Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU: Not a flashy pick, but he is an instictive defender who is solid in pass coverage and a rock against the room. He will provide a huge upgrade from Brinkley.
***Trade***: Vikings trade their 2nd round pick (54) and their 3rd round pick (85) in exchange for pick 38
Round 2(38): Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee: I expect one of the receivers to fall, in this scenario, it's Hunter. Hunter will provide that downfiled threat we have been lacking for so many years. Has the potential to be a star if he stays healthy.
Round 4(101): Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas: A solid guard who could start from day 1 and falls because of the guard depth in the draft.
***Trade***: Vikings trade their 4th round pick (119) and their 5th round pick (150) in exchange for pick 106
Round 4(106): TJ McDonald, S, USC: An excellent fit for our system. He will fall because of a subpar senior year but I feel he has the ability to start his rookie year.
Round 7(199): Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State: Injury prone player who has the potential to eventually replace henderson at WLB.
Round 7(215): Mark Jackson, G, Glenville State: Pure potential pick who has raw tools and can challenge Fusco if he struggles.

Week One Depth Chart

QB: 7 Ponder, 2 Stanton, 4 Bethel-Thompson
HB: 28 Peterson, 32 Gerhart, 48 Asiata
FB: 42 Felton
WR: 12 Harvin, 19 Hunter, 81 Simpson, 17 Wright, 15 Summers
TE: 82 Rudolph, 40 Ellison, 89 Ford
LT: 75 Kalil, 73 Love
LG: 67 Bailey
C: 65 Sullivan, 61 Berger
RG: 63 Fusco, 72 Jackson
RT: 71 Loadholt, 78 Kropog

RE: 69 Allen, 97 Griffen
UT: 93 Williams, 99 Ballard
NT: 92 Hill, 90 Evans, 98 Guion
LE: 96 Robison, 91 Reed
SLB: 52 Greenway, 51 Dean
MLB: 54 Minter, 57 Cole, 58 McKenzie
WLB: 50 Henderson, 55 Mauti
CB: 20 Cook, 23 Cox, 26 Winfield, 21 Robinson, 24 Jefferson
FS: 22 Smith, 36 Blanton
SS: 25 McDonald, 41 Raymond, 33 Sanford

K: 3 Walsh
P: 5 Kluwe
LS: 46 Loeffler
KR: 12 Harvin
PR: 21 Robinson
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winfield can't be restructured. He would have to take a pay cut, be extended, or be cut if we wanted to alter his salary for 2013.
eman9416

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a huge fan of trading up twice, it really cuts into our depth and this is a deep WR class. Otherwise i think the free agent acquisitions are the most realistic yet and i like it.
vikes635

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A- overall i liked the draft and freeagents dont know if that much restructering is possible though

Rip Sean Taylor

PROPS TO Joe_is_the_best for the Sig

Adopt A Viking= Kyle Rudolph Rec=5 Targets=10 Drops= Penalties= tot yds=69 TD=1 Lng=21

Pre Season= 4 catches 1 drop 44 yards
Nzd07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No thanks on Hunter. Hopkins, Patton, and Wheaton are all better options.

Only getting one WR is also pretty concerning.

Pull your 84 jerseys out
Jay-Z wrote:
I'm not a businessman. I'm a business, man!
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
No thanks on Hunter. Hopkins, Patton, and Wheaton are all better options.

Only getting one WR is also pretty concerning.

My belief is that the team would have a lot of faith in Jerome Simpson and Jarius Wright as the third and fourth receiver if Harvin is returning. In that case, one WR may be all is needed. The 5th receiver is usually a special teams player anyway.
KeystoneViking

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eman9416 wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of trading up twice, it really cuts into our depth and this is a deep WR class. Otherwise i think the free agent acquisitions are the most realistic yet and i like it.

Normally I'd agree; but McDonald is a perfect scheme fit and Hunter has that #1 potential that guys like Patton and Wheaton don't have.

As for the restructurings, I guess I may have worded it wrong; but I don't see us letting go of Williams or Winfield and I also don't see us paying them their current salaries for next year, so something's gotta give.

And vikingsrule already stated why I only have us getting one receiver.
Bodysuit Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best scenario I've seen yet. Exactly the kind of thing I would like to see actually happen. That looks like a really solid team going into next season. Huzzah!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: