Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bored in work Draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Bored in work Draft. Reply with quote

Im bored in work so i thought id do a mock draft for you all to critique

So here goes. Enjoy

#32 Trade down with Dallas
For #47 + #111

#47 (Dallas)
Arthur Brown (LB) Kansas St

Khaseem Greene (OLB) Rugters

Trade up with St Louis #94 + #126 for Pick #78

Bacarri Rambo (FS) Georgia

#111 (Dallas)
Devin Taylor (DE) South Carolina

Comp Pick Round 4
A.J. Klein (LB) Iowa St

Kenny Stills (WR) Oklahoma

Comp Pick Round 5
Ricky Wagner (OT) Wisconsin

Brandon McGee (CB) Miami (Fla.)

Comp Pick Round 6
Cory Grissom (DT) South Florida

Comp Pick Round 6
Zach Boren (FB) Ohio ST

Quinn Sharpe (P) Oklahoma St

Some different prospects for you all to ponder. let me know what you think.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you started off well...

I like both Arthur Brown and Khaseem Greene. The thing is, both players are probably mid-2nd round values... I highly doubt that Greene would fall all the way to 32 in the 2nd.

I think if we want a shot at both guys, we'd likely need to trade back up into the 2nd with whatever pick we got in that initial trade down. But yeah, I'd love to feature these two guys inside of our 34, that would be speed to clean up anything inside. Neither of them is really a thumper though, so that could potentially be an issue. But between having Suggs/Upshaw keeping outside contain and having our DL that can occupy blocks, Greene and Brown would simply dominate inside. They're also both very good coverage LBers.

I think if we don't bring back Ellerbe it's a possibility that we could double dip like this (probably not in the same round, but still). But there is ZERO possibility of us triple dipping. You have us also picking up AJ Klein. He fits the same role that Greene/Brown do. He's an ILB/43 WLB type... similar to them. I also doubt that Klein falls to the flat end of the 4th. More likely I think he falls to the mid- late 3rd at worst.

So I think it would make some sense to go pass rusher in the 2nd and skip out on one of Brown/Greene and instead get someone that excels at rushing the passer there. OR swap out Rambo and pick up a Mike Buchanan in the 3rd and replace Klein with another safety for depth behind Reed.

Ricky Wagner isn't falling to the 5th round either, those Wisconsin lineman just have such a pedigree that someone will go after him higher than that. If we're looking to get him to play LT, he could be an option for us somewhere in that 3rd round range.

Not a fan of taking a late round WR, we have plenty of bunched mediocre talents. If we're going to get a WR in the draft, he'd better be a stud-muffin.

Not familiar with the other names.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely think the number one priority has to be an ILB who is as good an athlete as possible. The area where the Ravens really suffered this year was defending passes across the middle, particularly to those big, strong, fast TEs that so many teams are bringing into the game.

Vernon Davis, Owen Daniels, Brent Celek, Jason Witten, Heath Miller and Wes Welker (not a TE, but catches a lot of balls over the middle) all had big games against the Ravens this season. I hope that's Ozzie's first need to address, if the player is available.

I don't know much about Arthur Brown, but most of what I've read predicts he'll move to OLB in the NFL due to his smaller size, which isn't a position I think the Ravens need to go for in round 1. If that's not the case, and he's the sort of athletic ILB that the team needs, then I'd be all for him.

I like Jon Bostic, as an ILB prospect who could be there in the second or third round. Saw him play a few times for the Gators this season, and he's a guy who is always around the ball, making plays.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

I don't know much about Arthur Brown, but most of what I've read predicts he'll move to OLB in the NFL due to his smaller size, which isn't a position I think the Ravens need to go for in round 1. If that's not the case, and he's the sort of athletic ILB that the team needs, then I'd be all for him.

Well I couldn't disagree more with that. In today NFL, it is more important to have a speedy ILB rather than a thmuper. Preferably, you should have 1 speedster and 1 thumper.

Brown is a beast and should translate well in the NFL. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in speed, instincts and leadership. Not to mention guys like Daryl Washington, Timmons, and Bowman (all 6'2 or smaller) have proven you don't need size to play ILB in a 3-4 in todays NFL. (provided you have speed and instincts)
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draftguru1234 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Well I couldn't disagree more with that. In today NFL, it is more important to have a speedy ILB rather than a thmuper. Preferably, you should have 1 speedster and 1 thumper.

Brown is a beast and should translate well in the NFL. What he lacks in size, he makes up for in speed, instincts and leadership. Not to mention guys like Daryl Washington, Timmons, and Bowman (all 6'2 or smaller) have proven you don't need size to play ILB in a 3-4 in todays NFL. (provided you have speed and instincts)

Well, like I said, that's what the draft projections were saying. If it's not the case, and he is as you describe, then he sounds ideal for the Ravens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
draftguru1234 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Well, like I said, that's what the draft projections were saying. If it's not the case, and he is as you describe, then he sounds ideal for the Ravens.

He's perfect for the Ravens. Let no one forget that I'm driving the bandwagon for Arthur Brown to the Ravens. This guy has lightning speed. Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if he runs a 4.38 at the combine. He's like the Randy Moss of ILB prospects- I think he just might turn me into the NextBigThing... maybe he already has. Laughing

As much as I liked Cordy Glenn last year around this time, I like Brown. He's just such a perfect fit. If not Brown, then I think Khaseem Greene. I think he's probably the 3rd fastest of the top ILB prospects and looks good in coverage. I think Minter is better than Greene, but I also think Minter ends up going top 20 in the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: