Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TABT 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about the ex-cop on a killing spree in LA? Have you read his manifesto? What he says actually makes quite a bit of sense... strikes me as a reasonable man who was simply pushed too far by the system until he hit his breaking point...

His manifesto can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/TAzPRfPy

Excerpt:

Quote:
I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back. I have attempted all legal court efforts within appeals at the Superior Courts and California Appellate courts. This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now lead to deadly consequences. The LAPDís actions have cost me my law enforcement career that began on 2/7/05 and ended on 1/2/09. They cost me my Naval career which started on 4/02 and ends on 2/13. I had a TS/SCI clearance(Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance) up until shortly after my termination with LAPD. This is the highest clearance a service member can attain other than a Yankee White TS/SCI which is only granted for those working with and around the President/Vice President of the United States. I lost my position as a Commanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD. Iíve lost a relationship with my mother and sister because of the LAPD. Iíve lost a relationship with close friends because of the LAPD. In essence, Iíve lost everything because the LAPD took my name and new I was INNOCENT!!! Capt Phil Tingirides, Justin Eisenberg, Martella, Randy Quan, and Sgt. Anderson all new I was innocent but decided to terminate me so they could continue Ofcr. Teresa Evans career. I know about the meeting between all of you where Evans attorney, Rico, confessed that she kicked Christopher Gettler (excessive force). Your day has come.

I'm not an aspiring rapper, I'm not a gang member, I'm not a dope dealer, I don't have multiple babies momma's. I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn't need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It's in my DNA.
CBears019

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
What do you guys think about the ex-cop on a killing spree in LA? Have you read his manifesto? What he says actually makes quite a bit of sense... strikes me as a reasonable man who was simply pushed too far by the system until he hit his breaking point...

His manifesto can be found here:

http://pastebin.com/TAzPRfPy

Excerpt:

Quote:
I have exhausted all available means at obtaining my name back. I have attempted all legal court efforts within appeals at the Superior Courts and California Appellate courts. This is my last resort. The LAPD has suppressed the truth and it has now lead to deadly consequences. The LAPDís actions have cost me my law enforcement career that began on 2/7/05 and ended on 1/2/09. They cost me my Naval career which started on 4/02 and ends on 2/13. I had a TS/SCI clearance(Top Secret Sensitive Compartmentalized Information clearance) up until shortly after my termination with LAPD. This is the highest clearance a service member can attain other than a Yankee White TS/SCI which is only granted for those working with and around the President/Vice President of the United States. I lost my position as a Commanding Officer of a Naval Security Forces reserve unit at NAS Fallon because of the LAPD. Iíve lost a relationship with my mother and sister because of the LAPD. Iíve lost a relationship with close friends because of the LAPD. In essence, Iíve lost everything because the LAPD took my name and new I was INNOCENT!!! Capt Phil Tingirides, Justin Eisenberg, Martella, Randy Quan, and Sgt. Anderson all new I was innocent but decided to terminate me so they could continue Ofcr. Teresa Evans career. I know about the meeting between all of you where Evans attorney, Rico, confessed that she kicked Christopher Gettler (excessive force). Your day has come.

I'm not an aspiring rapper, I'm not a gang member, I'm not a dope dealer, I don't have multiple babies momma's. I am an American by choice, I am a son, I am a brother, I am a military service member, I am a man who has lost complete faith in the system, when the system betrayed, slandered, and libeled me. I lived a good life and though not a religious man I always stuck to my own personal code of ethics, ethos and always stuck to my shoreline and true North. I didn't need the US Navy to instill Honor, Courage, and Commitment in me but I thank them for re-enforcing it. It's in my DNA.

Just read that whole thing. Need to take a few minutes to let it all set in...

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to read any of his manifesto (aside from a couple blurbs I already saw somewhere).

Honestly, I don't care what he has to say even if its thought provoking. The guy went crazy. He went after I guys family as retribution and that's not right no matter what he has to say.
CBears019

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here we go...

I think this whole manifesto is complete and utter BS. From the very beginning, he lays out for all of us that his purpose is to clear his name of any false accusations and wrong-doing:

Quote:
The question is, what would you do to clear your name? . . . A name is more than just a noun, verb, or adjective. It's your life, your legacy, your journey, sacrifices, and everything you've worked hard for every day of your life as and adolescent, young adult and adult. Don't let anybody tarnish it when you know youíve live up to your own set of ethics and personal ethos.

Yet only a few paragraphs down he talks about how he plans on stalking Quan's family, kids included, and kill all of them:

Quote:
There will be an element of surprise where you work, live, eat, and sleep. I will utilize ISR at your home, workplace, and all locations in between. I will utilize OSINT to discover your residences, spouses workplaces, and children's schools. IMINT to coordinate and plan attacks on your fixed locations. Its amazing whats on NIPR. HUMINT will be utilized to collect personal schedules of targets. I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I'm terminating yours. Quan, Anderson, Evans, and BOR members Look your wives/husbands and surviving children directly in the face and tell them the truth as to why your children are dead.

What does he talk about later in this manifesto? Preventing more shootings such as Sandy Hook, Aurora, CO., etc. This damn thing is littered with contradictions. I get that they are likely just gross exaggerations to show his hatred, but he's not helping out his credibility.

And why are we talking about this guy at all int he first place? Because he SHOT TWO COPS AND KILLED ANOTHER! I get that he's pissed off at the system, but there is no justification for what he did.

From my count he lays out three reasons as to why he feels this way: racism, other cops' desensitization to what they see on the job, and the story of his FTO kicking that one suspect.

Being a white male who came from a well-off Chicago suburb, I can't really say much on the racism issue. I do have some thoughts, but won't get into them on this site.

As for the desensitization issue, while taking pictures of the deceased is grossly unprofessional and disrespectful, it's a coping mechanism. Not a single one of us here work a job where we see the gruesome scenes that many South-Central LAPD officers see on a daily basis. If they were to mourn every single death they see, they would become absolutely depressed, pissed off at the world, and incapable of living a normal life...sound familiar? That doesn't give them the right to be taking pictures and having contests, I'm in no way advocating that, but making light of the situation (away from families of the deceased, of course) is all but necessary.

The incident that started this entire thing was his FTO (field training officer) kicking that one guy they apprehended. He gave little description of the actual event - why was he arrested? Was he compliant? Did he have any weapons on him? He left out some vital information that could lead to why this other officer allegedly kicked the suspect. He later admits that this suspect suffers from schizophrenia and other mental disorders, but of course, he briskly grazed over that point. Was this guy arrest for possession of crack, or was he arrested for beating his girlfriend with a bat? If it were the latter, I could personally say that I, too, may throw a few unnecessary elbows or crank his cuffs a little bit before all is said and done.

My guess is that he suffered from depression for a long time, way before he became a police officer. Once he did become a cop he was unable to block out the things he witnessed on the job; instead of becoming desensitized to it, he absorbed it all and took it to heart. He likely didn't fit in with the other officers and became isolated, didn't get the "team" or "family" aspect that comes with that kind of profession. So when he saw one officer cross the line and physically abuse a subject, he had no problem going to the top and reporting her. That led to more isolation, more depression, etc. And now LA has a highly-trained, dangerous killer on the loose.

Instead of writing this manifesto and going on a killing spree, he should have have resigned from the LAPD, moved far away from Cali, and found some wealthy suburban town where he could have a cushy job with a police department that does everything by the book. Instead, he has ruined the lives of others and will likely be dead within the next few days, if not already. He seems like a very smart man who could have done great things and become a great cop, but instead he decided to become a killer.

His thesis, per se, is that he wanted to clear his name. Well instead of clearing his name he turned himself into an absolute piece of scum and that is all he will ever be remembered for.

Like the recent saying goes, people who plan on killing a bunch of people and then themselves should start with themselves.

AZBearsFan wrote:

shruj

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBEARS019

I like your response to his "manifesto"...didn't want to quote the entire thing haha.

i think he's got some sort of psychopathy going on. he clearly has deluded the line between normal and imagined and it seems as tho he developed schizophrenia.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do any of you guys play DeepRoute?
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Dorner situation is heating up again. Seems like they've got him surrounded in a cabin in California with hostages. I wonder how long this standoff will last.

Either way, this thing looks like it's straight out of a movie.

AZBearsFan wrote:

CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Associated Press ‏@AP
BREAKING: AP source: Charred body found in rubble of burned cabin in Southern California mountains.

Quote:
CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk
Sources: LAPD says body pulled from burning cabin in Big Bear, CA, is ex-cop murder suspect Christopher #Dorner.

Couldn't think of a better way for him to go.

AZBearsFan wrote:

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Quote:
BREAKING: AP source: Charred body found in rubble of burned cabin in Southern California mountains.

Quote:
Sources: LAPD says body pulled from burning cabin in Big Bear, CA, is ex-cop murder suspect Christopher #Dorner.

Sad. LAPD ruined this guy's life, then took it from him.
CBears019

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Just curious, what makes you think that this guy's (who has killed at least 4 people, threatened to kill children, barricaded himself in a cabin, and may have even set the house aflame to kill himself) word is anymore reliable than the LAPD's? Basically his entire argument is based on the word of a schizophrenic criminal.

The guy ratted out his superior (who wasn't found guilty of the alleged actions) and apparently wasn't able to take the stressors that come with being an LAPD officer. They likely let him go because he was unable to be trusted and just wasn't quite fit for the job. You can be as highly-trained as you want, but you have to be mentally-stable for that kind of job.

Even if everything he said was true, there is absolutely not justification for him to go out and kill innocent people. Everything that happened was the doing of a mentally-unstable individual.

AZBearsFan wrote:

chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Just curious, what makes you think that this guy's (who has killed at least 4 people, threatened to kill children, barricaded himself in a cabin, and may have even set the house aflame to kill himself) word is anymore reliable than the LAPD's? Basically his entire argument is based on the word of a schizophrenic criminal.

The guy ratted out his superior (who wasn't found guilty of the alleged actions) and apparently wasn't able to take the stressors that come with being an LAPD officer. They likely let him go because he was unable to be trusted and just wasn't quite fit for the job. You can be as highly-trained as you want, but you have to be mentally-stable for that kind of job.

Even if everything he said was true, there is absolutely not justification for him to go out and kill innocent people. Everything that happened was the doing of a mentally-unstable individual.

I'm not saying that he was in the right for murdering people. He probably was mentally unstable from what he'd been through.

The fact that he was fired for whistleblowing a superior (the superior was retained) is cause for concern. The fact that they've reopened that investigation leads me to believe that there's some truth to his accusations. Police brutality is a real thing, and I really don't see it being something a cop accuses another cop of doing willy-nilly.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not saying that he was in the right for murdering people. He probably was mentally unstable from what he'd been through.

The fact that he was fired for whistleblowing a superior (the superior was retained) is cause for concern. The fact that they've reopened that investigation leads me to believe that there's some truth to his accusations. Police brutality is a real thing, and I really don't see it being something a cop accuses another cop of doing willy-nilly.

I haven't followed this story enough to speak to it specifically, but people make accusations about co-workers and their superiors all the time at work for any number of reasons in all lines of work. We see a lot with respect to the legal aspects of what follows such accusations in my line of work all the time.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
CBears019

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I haven't followed this story enough to speak to it specifically, but people make accusations about co-workers and their superiors all the time at work for any number of reasons in all lines of work. We see a lot with respect to the legal aspects of what follows such accusations in my line of work all the time.

And even in this case of alleged police brutality, like I said earlier, we don't know all the facts. Why was the guy being arrest in the first place? Was he being compliant? Or was be kicking, punching, scratching, spitting, biting, etc.? Was he arrested for possession or was it beating his girlfriend or molesting a child?

If it was one of the latter and he was biting, spitting, kicking, etc. who really cares if he got kicked? Yeah it's not professional and not something police officers should do, but it's also not something to go on a killing spree over.

AZBearsFan wrote:

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAPD is far from having a reputation as a squeaky clean force, but when the person making the accusation is a murderer, his credibility is lacking and deserves no benefit of the doubt.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
LAPD is far from having a reputation as a squeaky clean force, but when the person making the accusation is a murderer, his credibility is lacking and deserves no benefit of the doubt.

To be fair, he spoke out first and then got fired for it. The killing came later, when he decided that the railroading had ruined his life.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 41 of 100

Jump to: