Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weapons For A-Rod Mock and More!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arodgers12

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Weapons For A-Rod Mock and More! Reply with quote

Resigns

Evan Dietrich Smith- Center- Our starting center for now till we upgrade.
[b]

Tom Crabtree-TE- One of our key blocking tightends and special teamers.
[b]

Sam Shields-CB-Shields has played well for us is resigned could continue to be a starter.
[b]

Brad Jones-LB Jones is resigned due to being able to play the inside and outside backer slots and did fine in relief for us last season.

Players-Released/Retired/Cut/Free Agent

Jeff Saturday- Center-Retired
Donald Driver-WR-Retired
Greg Jennings-WR-Free Agent-Whats to much money.
Ryan Grant-RB-Free Agent-better options out there
Cedric Benson-RB-Free Agent-better options out there.
Brandon Saine-RB-Cut-Not enough talent to make roster
James Starks-RB-Cut have better healthy backs on team to many injurys
Jammari Lattimore-LB-Cut-To many linebackers on team better than him and to many good players to keep so therefore he is cut.
Frank Zombo-LB-Cut-been injury prone to long, more talent on team so therefore he is cut.
Erik Walden-LB-Cut-He has seen his time in Green Bay starts to disappear towards end of season all the time his time is done.
Ryan Taylor-TE-Cut-With the draft pick of Kelce and Quarless healthy Taylor is cut.

We let Jennings go without tagging him look towards the draft for offensive weapons.

Free Agency Pickups- No One of course.

In the draft we receive two 4th round Comp. picks with the losses of Wells and Fynn. Just think about our Comp pick next year with losing Jennings should be real good for us.

NFL DRAFT

In this draft the Packers finally get their needed starting running back this guy will be a change of pace back to feature with Harris!

1st Round Pick

Eddie Lacey RB 5-10 220lbs Alabama

This guy will become our starting running back with Harris coming in for change of pace and Green being a solid backup.

2nd Round Pick

Travis Kelce TE 6-5 260lbs Cincinnati

This guy is soaring up draft boards getting him at the end of the second does sound kinda high but he is the 3rd best tightend out there he is ranked on some boards as 2nd round and 3rd round so this is like top of third kinda. Anyways he can lineup in the slot if we continue to have issues with Finley then we have found our replacement.

3rd Round Pick

[b]Brian Schwenke Center 6-3 307lbs California

Schwenke will backup Smith for now could eventually become our starting center in very near future.

4th Round Pick

DJ Swearinger S South Carolina 5-11 210lbs

DJ gives us a hard hitting safety slips to us some here could become the starter after Woodson calls it a career.

4th Round Comp Pick

Tavarres King WR 6-0 192lbs Georgia

I've watched highlights of this guy and he can catch the short slant throws and take them the distance he can go over the middle and hes best known for his deep routes his nicknmae is TK and he is always smiling is a good team player just sounds like a Packers pick and could be our replacement for Jennings.

4th Round Comp Pick

Joe Kruger DE 6-8 280lbs Utah

Joe Kruger is the brother of Ravens DE Paul Kruger he also has another brother on Utah. Kruger should fit right in our rotation and get to the QB

5th Round Pick

Kwame Geathers DT 6-5 355lbs Georgia

Geathers will be our eventual replacement for Pickett but for now he will be a rotational player and help us plug up the line with some added beef.

6th Round Pick

Corey Fuller WR 6-2 192lbs Virginia Tech

Fuller has shot to make this team be a battle between him and Boykins if Fuller don't make team he can be put on practice squad this guy is a very good deep threat and still learning the game.

7th Round Pick

Tanner Hawkinson OT 6-5 304lbs Kansas

Tanner is a nice pick here in the seventh round to throw on the practice squad to groom very experience player.

Depth Chart Roster

QB Rodgers/Harrell

RB Lacey/Harris/Green/Kuhn

WR Nelson/Jones/Cobb/King/Boykins

TE Finley/Quarless/Crabtree/Kelce/DJ Williams

OL Newhouse/Sitton/E Smith/Lang/Sherrod/Bulaga/Barclay/Schwenke

DL Wilson/Raji/Pickett/Daniels/Neal/Kruger/Geathers/ PUP Worthy

LB's Matthews/Bishop/Hawk/Smith/Moses/Perry/Francois/Manning/Jones

DB's Woodson/Burnett/Hayward/Williams/Shields/House/Bush/Jennings/McMillian/Swearinger

Special Crosby/Masthay/Goode

Practice Squad

BJ Coleman QB
Andrew Datko OT
Jeremy Ross WR
Corey Fuller WR
Tanner Hawkinson OT
Dave Kruger DE (Joe and Paul Kruger's brother)
Greg Van Roten OG
Sean Richardson S

Please enjoy draft and comment thanks!

Last edited by arodgers12 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
PackersGuy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like you mock...i like the lacey pick the most..i dont like taking a TE in the second being that we could use that pick to sure up the D or o line..i do like travis kelce tho
blankman0021

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the draft. I feel either Datko,Van Roten, or Hawkinson need to be on the 53 man roster. Probably Van Roten since he was all year long (dunno how much playing time he got...?). 8 lineman is very risky going through a year with. I think last year was the exception to the rule, not the rule itself going forward.

As for the draft, I think it's very possible. Good slots from what I can tell. No beef with that from me. Lots of draft picks going to the PS though. Dunno if Richardson is PS eligible with all his ST playtime.

The draft helps the offense stay prolific, but I'd argue we still need to beef up the defense. Good picks, but I'd say some impact defensive players might be more necessary. It's starting to become useless to have impact WR's and pass-catching TE's not getting passes thrown their way because of the depth we have. Might as well draft defense and roll with the weapons we have on offense.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really don't think Lacy fits in GV. Power scheme only IMO.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
Really don't think Lacy fits in GV. Power scheme only IMO.

Agreed, plus I absolutely hate Lacy as a 1st round pick. He just isn't that good, IMO.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
packattack86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this draft w/ the exception of the 1st pick. No RB in this yrs draft is worth a 1st IMO, nor does TT put that much emphasis on that position to the point where he would spend a 1st on one. RB is a position that unless you have a rare guy like AP available you can find good players later. How much better would Lacy be than say Montee Ball, Johnathan Franklin, or Stepfan Taylor in rds 2-4? Lacy also played behind the best o-line in college.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the Lacey pick he would be our running back that we had similar to Benson and Grant similar size and isn't afraid to take on hits like they did plus can run it down the gut and wear the defense out. I see what you are doing with this backfield picking him and keeping Harris I like the idea. I like the Kelce pick very much but just wish we could had went defense in the second round. Schwenke,Swearinger are solid picks! The King receiver sounds like he could be something special for us I will have to check out his highlights myself. kruger sounds like another interesting pick being Paul Kruger's brother. Could had went with some more defense but you did get us two DL and a safety so that's good we are loaded at LB anyways and we got to give Perry a shot to be a starter he is a 1 st rounder. Also we have good depth behind Hawk and Bishop at Ilb so I can't complain we're good at corner too. Great mock!

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
Roscoe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm drooling over this mock! Like how you drafted the one Kruger boy and signed the other to the practice squad. Wonder if Fuller could beat Boykins out for the 5 th receiver slot? I watched Lacey in the Bowl Game and he was just a monster in that game I really think there will be some running back that will go in the 1 st round and it would be him I've read that the Broncos might draft him few picks after us so don't know what these guys are saying that he's not 1 st round projection. People got to remember we are drafting late 1 st almost second round. Seeing TT drafting a running back is a dream sorta but would like to see it happen. Kelce at tight end there is going to be a weapon for us we haven't really had a decent tight end to go with Finley like the idea that Kelce can line up as a receiver plus blocks decently reminds me some of the Pats tight ends. Like getting the center out of Cal. I don't think Evan Dietrich Smith is the answer for us we have cut him quite alot but seems to find way back on roster whats that tell ya we need help at center. Like getting the safety and the deep threat wide receiver. Nice work!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boycott the crappy last pick.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Boycott the crappy last pick.

Even with that killer stache? Man you hate Kansas.

I bet I can make you happier just by typing 3 letters though .....TCU. Wink

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave is a Mizzou fan, therefore he hates KU. There's a historical rivalry there.

Anyway, I like the mock for the mostpart but it lends itself to logjams at a few positions. I hate Lacy as a 1st rounder so if I went with him first, I'd trade down into the second because 26 is a reach for him. I know Kiper has Lacy slotted there as well and I think he's wrong. That's not to say I wouldn't like Lacy in Green-n-gold. Contrary to popular belief, he'd be a good fit for our running game but Harris proved that RB is really not a need at this point. I can see cutting Starks, but I'd take Starks over Green any day.

The Schwenke pick is waaaaaay too early. If you're going to be trading up there you gotta go defense. Personally, I'd trade up in the 3rd to make sure I got Swearinger at this point. I know he's currently ranked as a 4th but he'll go up the boards. I just can't help but think he'll improve upon his 40 time come combine time. Also, as I said in my mock a few days ago, Centers always get overrated in the draft and then everyone gets so surprised that they get drafted much later than expected; and that's if they're even drafted. Again, I'll give the Konz and Saulsberry argument from last year.

I love your WR picks there but I gotta say pick 1 of the two simply because unless you're cutting Jeremy Ross too, we'd be overload at WR like the overload we currently have at ILB which you stated earlier in your post. The same could be said about the Kruger and Geathers picks though I really like both those picks. The Hawkinson pick is a waste IMO. I understand the logic but again, there'd be an overload at Tackle if you draft him. I think a DB or someone at another position that's fallen down the boards might be a good pick there. JMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: