Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bears2308 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
There's still speculation that Finley could get cut from the Packers, if he does would you guys want him here?

I know there was that war of words last year, but he had a real nice late-season resurgence and could be a great addition.

Definitely. He has un-tapped potential and had problems in Green Bay. The fact that he'd want to stick it to them along with knowing their offense is a huge reason I believe Emery would jump all over this. I just hope he doesn't open his mouth.

Super talented but he is a risk and we do not know if we are going to use him enough with our weapons.

I would rather go with a guy like Myers who is not incredible but we would no longer need to ever hear about the TE position.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pro scouts around the NFL reportedly "love" free agent RG Louis Vasquez.

ESPN AFC West blogger Bill Williamson considered 25-year-old Vasquez the Chargers' "best offensive lineman" in 2012, and Pro Football Focus graded him as a top-13 overall guard. Vasquez, at 6'5/335, is a particularly effective pass blocker. He could be viewed by clubs as better fit for left guard on the open market.

I hope we make a serious push for Vasquez if he hits the market.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

ESPN AFC West blogger Bill Williamson considered 25-year-old Vasquez the Chargers' "best offensive lineman" in 2012, and Pro Football Focus graded him as a top-13 overall guard. Vasquez, at 6'5/335, is a particularly effective pass blocker. He could be viewed by clubs as better fit for left guard on the open market.

I would be shocked if they let him get away. But he would be an awesome signing for us.

Especially if we decided to attack the LT position.
DaMike

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

I dont think he was the best OL but he would be a really good pickup especially if he's gonna get less then Levitre.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bushrod is a 2 time Pro Bowl LT, I cannot get over the fact that he is not going to come cheap.

He is going to be asking for real money, why wouldn't he?

If you were his agent why would you not demand top money, even if he does not deserve it based on his stats. I know that he did not get huge money last time, but that was 2 Pro Bowls ago.

I hate the Pro Bowl and how it inflates a players value.

Last edited by WindyCity on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
wiscbearsfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:

I would be shocked if they let him get away. But he would be an awesome signing for us.

Especially if we decided to attack the LT position.

I was just trying to dig up info on a few guys the other day and Chargers fans/bloggers were all saying they would freak if he doesn't get resigned. I'm not going to hold my breath.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Myers isn't the answer at TE...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-position-analysis-tight-end-20130212,0,5463067.story

Quote:
The website Pro Football Focus analyzed the 62 tight ends with the most playing time in the NFL based on everything – pass catching, pass blocking, run blocking, penalties, etc. Davis ranked 58th, ahead of only the Cardinals' Rob Housler and Jeff King, the Raiders' Brandon Myers and the Bengals' Jermaine Gresham. Myers caught 79 passes for 806 yards with four touchdowns but received a horrendous run-blocking grade. Davis received PFF’s lowest pass-catching grade and was only adequate in their system as a pass blocker and run blocker.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/chi-chicago-bears-position-analysis-tight-end-20130212,0,5463067.story

Quote:
The website Pro Football Focus analyzed the 62 tight ends with the most playing time in the NFL based on everything – pass catching, pass blocking, run blocking, penalties, etc. Davis ranked 58th, ahead of only the Cardinals' Rob Housler and Jeff King, the Raiders' Brandon Myers and the Bengals' Jermaine Gresham. Myers caught 79 passes for 806 yards with four touchdowns but received a horrendous run-blocking grade. Davis received PFF’s lowest pass-catching grade and was only adequate in their system as a pass blocker and run blocker.
Again, another fine example of how god awful PFF is.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

To be fair the Bears use them and STATS.com...can't be that bad.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Stats inc is good, its about as objective as it gets, PFF has an agenda and they push it regularly, they aren't even remotely accurate.

OneBadCat wrote:
Ahah Okay first of all Gamble was lost to IR this year but when healthy he proved to be 2nd only to Revis last season.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Stats inc is good, its about as objective as it gets, PFF has an agenda and they push it regularly, they aren't even remotely accurate.

As I said…the Bears use PFF and if they see these findings I doubt they look Myers way.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

As I said…the Bears use PFF and if they see these findings I doubt they look Myers way.
Just b/c Phil Emery quoted PFF doesn't mean the Bears consult PFF in their scouting. I'm sure they look at tape

OneBadCat wrote:
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Just b/c Phil Emery quoted PFF doesn't mean the Bears consult PFF in their scouting. I'm sure they look at tape

Obviously they will watch the tape for themselves but they will also take these rankings into account…it would be an oversight not to use all the information available.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Obviously they will watch the tape for themselves but they will also take these rankings into account…it would be an oversight not to use all the information available.
Do you honestly believe that if the proscouts like Brandon Myers, that anything PFF says will be a factor in the decision whether or not to sign him?

OneBadCat wrote:
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Quote:

Do you honestly believe that if the proscouts like Brandon Myers, that anything PFF says will be a factor in the decision whether or not to sign him?

I honestly believe that pro scouts will take PFF’s rankings into consideration when they are evaluating him…the pro scouts won’t have the time to watch every snap he has played in the last season…they will watch some games and take what they see along with PFF’s ratings and more than likely STATs.com as well and using all the information available will then form an opinion…they will also have to take into account his limited production before this season in that decision.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 28 of 67

Jump to: