Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

FF is a haven for football discussion and humor.
Blink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems you don't really even grasp what actually happened in the past in terms of player acquisition, so forgive me if I ignore your analysis of it.
byzr

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no love for signing McCarthy?
no love for signing Woodson and Pickett. Pickett was almost an unknown and Woodson was the DPOY a couple years ago.

so you want to overpay for Wells! glad you're not the GM. Rodgers threw for 39 TDs last year and is averaging 26+ TDs since he took the helm. i don't think our o-line is that bad. so we don't have a stud LT who cares we're throwing the ball.

the DEs are lacking no doubt about it but every team has sports that are lacking. it'll get shored up i have all the faith in the world.

finally
he took us to another Super Bowl because we were deep, CMON MAN!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh lol at this guys thread.

Ill sit on TT having the most players drafted still in the league, and still having fantastic teams while also being a MASH unit.

We're spoiled by the hype of super bowl favorites every year. Considering only 8 teams out of 32 make it to the divisional rounds each year, winning it all and then making div 2 years in a row is not 'bad' performance.

Go cheer for the Browns or Dolphins and get back to me on GMing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

Mendeleev wrote:
AaronCharles wrote:
<text>
Please try to do this on another forum.

FIFY
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They see me trollan, they hatin.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All we have to do is look at where TT is drafting every April because our team is so successful getting into the playoffs year after year. If you are drafting near the end of each round but your team is still winning 10+ wins every season you must be doing something right. Check out the Comparisons forum here and see where fans of other teams rank TT overall:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512640

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
Im a TT fan, however i do wish he would stray a bit from his FA beliefs.

What exactly do you want him to do? Guys aren't going to come to play in Green Bay unless we're the high bidder for their services, so do you think TT should start offering guys more money than he really thinks they're worth so they will sign as FAs?

I mean, if you look at the quality teams in the NFL (New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Francisco, Houston, etc.) none of those teams make risky, high priced free agent moves. You can make low-risk, low-cost FA moves... but TT already does that.

i didnt mean having him throw money year after year at players, but more strategic every couple years or so (i.e. Woodson and Pickett).

in regards to trade, throwing a 4th round pick for a player in an area of need shouldnt be such an issue. im not saying do it every season but if something comes up, be open to it.

^ Peppers90

Twitter: fill3up

Last edited by phillipraz on Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
blankman0021

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
phillipraz wrote:
Im a TT fan, however i do wish he would stray a bit from his FA beliefs.

What exactly do you want him to do? Guys aren't going to come to play in Green Bay unless we're the high bidder for their services, so do you think TT should start offering guys more money than he really thinks they're worth so they will sign as FAs?

I mean, if you look at the quality teams in the NFL (New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, San Francisco, Houston, etc.) none of those teams make risky, high priced free agent moves. You can make low-risk, low-cost FA moves... but TT already does that.

This in bold. Green Bay isn't the most attractive FA spot. It helps what we have been winning, and have continuity in the coaching staff...but GB is still GB. It's a small town, without the perks of downtown life. No night clubs worth mentioning. Hicktown bars. Smaller sponsorship opportunities locally than in NY, Boston, Houston, Dallas, etc.

FAs that come here are coming because of the money, the chance to start, or the chance to win a ring. When you can rule out more than half of our positions for starting competitions- you're left with option 1 and 3.

That might be one reason why TT doesn't sign many FA's...many FA's aren't coming here even if we match the best deal on the table. They'd rather go to NYG, Pats, 49ers (warm, San Fran).

GB is not destination #1 for many players. That's why we take them hostage by drafting and developing Twisted Evil

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For OP, just in case he wanted to see what forum members who cheer for other teams think.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=512640&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

XBL: ShiiNyIV
packattack86

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry dude but you are way off. All Ted Thompson has done in his tenure is make the right call replacing a future HOF QB w/ Rodgers whom he drafted along w/ Nick Collins. He also drafted Raji and made a brilliant trade to get CM3. He has found plenty of good undrafted players, his team won SB XLV after having a ton of starters go on I.R. which showed us the depth he built, he signed 2 key FA's in Woodson and Pickett, had his team go 15-1, and most recently 11-5.

TT is an above average GM, just look around the league at how many teams have horrible cap situations bcuz they splurge on high priced FA's. Ted is not perfect, but he does a great job. The worst moves he made was drafting Harrell and Brohm, and not getting Lynch for a 3rd-4th rd pick.

You also have 6 incomplete grades on your list which leaves the pass/fail at 9/3, so you don't know how many of the incompletes could become a pass.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

I'll actually grant your premise, but go this way..

Offense

QB - Pass - You say aside from "Flynn," but Flynn was a great backup for many years. Rodgers was a great backup to Favre. So one year with Graham = not shoring up the backup position? You'll have to explain.

RB - Incomplete - Ryan Grant was a fine player in this offense before he tore his ankle up and lost a lot of his first step + long speed, which is what made him dangerous. BJ was a great 3rd down guy. Starks was good in 2010, but is apparently made of glass? I agree that not offering more for Lynch was a mistake. So if he's half good and half bad, that's not a fail.

FB - Incomplete - "To be fair, the FB isn't something we integrally use." Exactly.

TE - Pass - Finley is good. Quarless was good before his awful injury. Crabtree has made plays.

WR - Pass - Best in the NFL at this position. Jennings, Cobb, Nelson, Jones. A++++

LT - Incomplete - Newhouse helped us go 15-1 in 2011. Sherrod had a freak injury, and for all we know could be an anchor and the answer in 2013. Jury is still out on that one.

LG - Pass - Lang is A+ for the value.

C - Incomplete - Saturday sucked. EDS has been serviceable. Scott Wells injured his foot in STL and played in only 7 games, so if we resigned him, and he only played 7 games, would that have been a mistake?

RG - Pass - Sitton is all-pro.

RT - Pass - Bulaga is great. Barclay will be a nice backup.

Defense

DT- Pass - Raji is great. You don't need another Raji to pass this grade. A backup would be nice to spell him from time to time, but I'm sure that will happen.

DE - Pass - Pickett is great. Neal was supposed to be the Jenkins replacement, but battled injuries and still has time to grow. Jury is still out. Wilson is a great run defender. Howard Green was a vital piece he brought in for our SB run. Worthy looks like a player, as does Mike Daniels.

ILB - Pass - We've had Bishop, Hawk, and Barnett. So, IMO, he hasn't had much of a need to draft at this position.

OLB - Incomplete - Matthews is great. Walden is average. Too early on Perry. We definitely need another pass rusher.

CB - Pass - Tramon, Hayward, Shields, House. A+

S - Pass - Collins was an all-pro safety for how many years? If he didn't go down with a freak neck injury, this is a different story. Name me another GM who drafts all-pro safeties with regularity. Name me a GM who drafts one! The list is short. In the NFL right now, you have Earl Thomas, Ed Reed, Troy P, and as the only real "elite" safeties. Berry, Wilson, and Weddle are on the very, very good list.

Special Teams

K - Pass - Crosby hasn't struggled until this year. Before that he was great with a giant leg.

P - Pass - Masthay is awesome.

Pass: 13 positions
Fail: 0 positions
Incomplete: 5 positions

Quote:
you can't build a championship team with UDFAs

You do realize the guy you're yelling that we didn't replace (Jenkins) was a UDFA right? Wink

So, elite players he has drafted.

Rodgers, Jennings, Finley (at times), Sitton, Raji, Matthews, Collins.

That's 7 elite players. Elite meaning can be argued they are top 5 at their position.

Then you have guys like Hayward and Cobb who will be elite very soon if they continue to develop.

If he's average, that means he is around 15-20 in the NFL. So, it's your job to name 15 GM's who are better in the NFL.

Spoiler alert: you can't.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nostalgia of this post brings tears to my eyes. Oh how I miss the great fire TT posts of yesteryear.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice troll post.

What? Someone had to say something positive!
cpnesdude41

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: I'll say what no one wants to say - TT is an average GM Reply with quote

AaronCharles wrote:
I am a troll, Hear me trollllolololollolol

...essentially

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: