Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ahmad Bradshaw Released!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hinkle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Ahmad Bradshaw Released! Reply with quote

So guys any of you interested in maybe picking up Bradshaw. He is under 30 has some injury concerns but has always ran hard and tough all over our defense. I myself wouldn't mind picking him up and giving him a shot on this team thoughts?

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Not an ounce of interest. Literally not one bit of curiosity.
Hinkle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had luck with one former Giant runningback (Grant) why not another this one we don't have to give up a draft pick either

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.
2Bigby0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, there are a lot more running backs in FA that I'd rather have and I will list them in no particular order.

Chris Ivory
Steven Jackson
Peyton Hillis
Shonn Greene
Mike Goodson

I especially like Mike Goodson as a potential 'dark horse' free agent. He's a pretty good back. He got muddled in Carolina behind Williams and Stewart... We muddled this year behind McFadden, Jones and Reece, but when he got opportunities he certainly made the most of them. He's only 25 and has experience in the ZBS. He's a guy I'd like to keep an eye on.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB's with foot issues = lost sleep! Damn shame too. Love the way Bradshaw plays the game.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
Honestly, there are a lot more running backs in FA that I'd rather have and I will list them in no particular order.

Chris Ivory
Steven Jackson
Peyton Hillis
Shonn Greene
Mike Goodson

I especially like Mike Goodson as a potential 'dark horse' free agent. He's a pretty good back. He got muddled in Carolina behind Williams and Stewart... We muddled this year behind McFadden, Jones and Reece, but when he got opportunities he certainly made the most of them. He's only 25 and has experience in the ZBS. He's a guy I'd like to keep an eye on.

I would take Bradshaw over those running backs. Shonn Greene is terrible, Mike Goodson is just a guy and Peyton Hillis is not as good.

Bradshaw would give us headaches with his nagging injuries, but he'd produce pretty well in our offense.
mitchconnor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm partial to Reggie Bush, assuming someone with lots of cap room(like the Bengals) doesn't throw a ton of $ at him.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not real interested. Respect him, but I like Harris just as much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:

Chris Ivory
Steven Jackson
Peyton Hillis
Shonn Greene
Mike Goodson

I would take Bradshaw over those running backs. Shonn Greene is terrible, Mike Goodson is just a guy and Peyton Hillis is not as good.

Bradshaw would give us headaches with his nagging injuries, but he'd produce pretty well in our offense.

You said it in your last statement though. Bradshaw is nearing the '30 cliff' and he just can't be counted on. That's reason enough not to take him.

Shonn Greene is not terrible. He played on a lousy offense. A terrible one at that. He would give us a guy capable of short yardage and goal line carries. He's proven that he can handle a lot of touches and stay healthy. Peyton Hillis has been bad the last couple years, but he's young and still capable. I'd rather take a flier on Hillis than sign Bradshaw to any type of contract.

That's just my opinion. When was the last time Bradshaw played a full 16 game season? Has he ever done it? The last thing the Packers need is a guy who if often injured.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bradshaw would be a good pick up and the way we rotate backs in and out of the game, I think he could pair up with Harris and Starks quite well.

Also, from the list of RB's; let's not forget Peyton Hillis is a massive headcase...just reminding people....
PackersGuy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm all for him if he heals up right and comes at the right price..he would also fit perfectly in GB pass game. just 1 think tho he was a Giant lol cant stand the giants after losing to them few years back in the play offs lol
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can he even recover from his injury? He's had numerous foot problems that involved some screws, if I'm remembering correctly. I would definitely give his agent a call and see what he's looking for. I wish I paid more attention to who was getting which snaps in New York the last couple years but I don't remember ever hearing that Bradshaw isn't a three down back. He lead the Giants running backs every year in targets and receptions, I take that as he was a staple on passing downs.

I would definitely be interested in him, I just don't want a guy that won't be available, there's not enough roster spots to sit on a guy like that. If he can be out there, I love that passion and running style and if he brings third down value, I would love that.

At the same time, I could see Bradshaw taking the top FA RB contract this year.

I don't expect him to be what he was when he first entered the league but there's a lot to like, I credit the Giants line for a lot of their rushing success but they were top in the league for a while, it wasn't just the line their backs had talent too.

Can anyone help me out on Bradshaw on passing downs? Good blocker? Natural hands? Also Goal line?

Steven Jackson
Chris Ivory
Ahmad Bradshaw

Intrigued by all three but each for a different price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the price was right, sure, the only problem is, I don't know if we could get him at an affordable deal. Sad
Kal-El

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
RB's with foot issues = lost sleep! Damn shame too. Love the way Bradshaw plays the game.

Bah. Nothing's ever simple, is it?

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
Ketchup

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only guy I would want over Bradshaw, of the potential available backs, would be Ivory. Bradshaw doesn't have a ton of mileage and is young. He has the foot problems but he's proven it to be not much of a problem and still produces.

Kempes on the custom sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: