Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ProFootballFocus Suggests 3 FAs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankbuncom

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: ProFootballFocus Suggests 3 FAs Reply with quote

In a recent article, ProFootballFocus.com suggested three reasonably-priced free agents for the Bengals to target. They are:

1. Leroy Hill, LB- Run-stopper who may come cheap because of off-field problems.

2. Mike Goodson, RB- His strong point is elusiveness, making him a good counterpoint for BJGE.

3. Tavaris Jackson, QB- If Gradkowski leaves, Tavaris's big arm would play well with A.J.

Thoughts???
ark23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Goodson, not so much a fan of the other two.

Gradkowski is a capable backup. I'm not a fan of Zac Robinson, I'd draft a developmental QB in the late rounds this year or bring someone in as an UDFA to at least push him.

Goodson is a game breaker, doesn't get a lot of touches, has some ball security issues but I think as a COP back for us he could be valuable and very affordable.

Hill is a good run stopper, but we need to find some LB's who are comfortable in coverage. Burfict isn't good in coverage, without question but he can improve. But Rey was awful and we need to find more guys who can cover TE's and are comfortable in zone.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: ProFootballFocus Suggests 3 FAs Reply with quote

frankbuncom wrote:
Tavaris's big arm would play well with A.J. Thoughts???

What's with all this focus on guys with 'big-arms'. You need QB's to complete passes for gods sake. Jackson has not exactly ripped trees out so far. I'd rather keep Gradkowski.......
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: ProFootballFocus Suggests 3 FAs Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
frankbuncom wrote:
Tavaris's big arm would play well with A.J. Thoughts???

What's with all this focus on guys with 'big-arms'. You need QB's to complete passes for gods sake. Jackson has not exactly ripped trees out so far. I'd rather keep Gradkowski.......

Agree I would rather keep Gradkowski. I think people keep bringing up "big-arms" because the best player on the team is a deep threat WR. So a lot of people try to think that all you need is a QB who can throw the ball 60 yards downfield.

Hell if that is all it takes, lets just sign Jamarcus Russell.... Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: