Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank the WR's in this years draft that fit the Packer system
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfinley88

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Had a few guys send me mail asking why "pure" hands are better than "taught" hands so let me just post this here.

God given soft hands just play better/faster on a football field. It's like anything else that is a god given talent. It's the reason why Finley looks more athletic than guys with far better numbers. It's also the reason why guys like Sitton that are farm boy strong can stone cats and why try hards like Wells/Spitz can bench 500lbs and not move their man a inch.

Birth skills are always more functional on a football field. In many ways that sucks, but that's life. That's not to say guys can't work hard and do this or that. I'm just saying there is a difference. This is also why GM's love their bigs. It's something they need that players can't work harder to get. Your either 6'5 350lbs or your not! Know what I mean?

Hands are the same way. If your not fighting the football it helps you play fast. Soft hands also play better in poor weather more times than not. It's also a tech skill if taught so if a DB gets their hands in there it far more often leads to a dropped pass.

That all said, and I'll say this over and over. It's always the sum of all the parts!

What if guys did more stuff that utilized stabilizer muscles? Isn't that a way you can develop that "farm boy strength"? Or are you saying it's just genetics?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I say "farm boy strong" I just mean naturally strong. Sitton is a great example of a player that might not live in a weight room but has very good natural strength that plays well for him on a football field. Wells and Spitz both set records in college with their strength, but..........

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
When I say "farm boy strong" I just mean naturally strong. Sitton is a great example of a player that might not live in a weight room but has very good natural strength that plays well for him on a football field. Wells and Spitz both set records in college with their strength, but..........

The Packers just need to get more "farm boy" tough. They need to be feared more and right now that isn't how other teams think of them. They also need better players on their front 7 and front 5 and maybe a couple of those guys will be there when they recover from their injuries.
Scuba St3ve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenMeansGo wrote:
terrible draft year for wr

This years [inappropriate/removed] on last years
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any WRs in this draft that people can feel in any fit? That is what is missing IMO, we have some nice system WRs, how about a guy that is just good and will work in this system and any other system. A multi-dimensional tree guy that just knows how to play?

The reason I ask is because, as focussed as most of us are on improving the defense, if you look at the playoffs, you still need an offense that is going to consistently hang 31+ on the best of opposing defenses. IMO adding to both sides of the ball is a priority this offseason.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Any WRs in this draft that people can feel in any fit? That is what is missing IMO, we have some nice system WRs, how about a guy that is just good and will work in this system and any other system. A multi-dimensional tree guy that just knows how to play?

The reason I ask is because, as focussed as most of us are on improving the defense, if you look at the playoffs, you still need an offense that is going to consistently hang 31+ on the best of opposing defenses. IMO adding to both sides of the ball is a priority this offseason.

Allen is the best of the group there. Hopkins grades out about the same no matter fit also.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

Allen is the best of the group there. Hopkins grades out about the same no matter fit also.

Keenan Allen is your favourite for our system? Sounds good to me

XBL: ShiiNyIV
persiandud

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:

How likely is it Allen falls in our lap at 26? I've seen a couple mocks with that happening, and from what I've seen this year's crop of WRs are deep but there is no AJ Green/Julio Jones mold of receiver that garners a lot of attention. I think we might see a run at receivers in the second and third round.
sunflower300

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenMeansGo wrote:
This year reminds me of 2008.
If we pick WR in the 2nd, we'd be lucky to get production and quality person like Jordy.

If we pick late we get a Brett Swain. Pack nation gets all excited about, and 4 years later the guy had 8 catches in his career.

I remember the reaction to the Packers drafting Nelson. A lot of people didn't know who he was and this was just just a year rumored from the infamous Justin Harrel pick. Of course Nelson ended up being the best pick in that draft. The 2008 draft included Nelson, Lee, Brohm, Sitton, Finley, and Thompson (career ended due to injury).
GreenMeansGo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreenMeansGo wrote:
terrible draft year for wr

ONLY 11 wide receiver in the first 3 rounds
ONLY 28 overall - below average

WR Tavon Austion 8th- super small, spec teams and gimmicks
WR DeAndre Hopkins 27th solid
WR Cordarrelle Patterson 29th special teams, 3 yrs to learn wr
WR Justin Hunter 34th - explosive plays
WR Robert Woods 41th - super slow, good routes hands
WR Aaron Dobson 59th - faster than expected may contribute
WR Terrance Williams 74th - meh
WR Keenan Allen 76th - hurt, slow, may come around
WR Mauquise Goodwin 78th - where's the ball? worst pick
WR Markus Wheaton 79th - solid
WR Stedman Bailey 92nd - steady 3rd receiver

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: