Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
spilltray wrote:
There is no level any sort of scenario to acquire Revis makes any sense at all to me. It's just a bad idea no matter how you slice it.

I 100% agree, butů it is POSSIBLE.
Scientifically, there comes a point where the number is so small that it might as well be zero, so we treat it as zero.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's entirely possible that as you sleep tonight, all of the air molecules will congregate in the top half of the room, and you will asphyxiate in your sleep.

The chance of that is something like 1/(2^ (5.22*10^23)), but that number is not zero!
persiandud

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
It's entirely possible that as you sleep tonight, all of the air molecules will congregate in the top half of the room, and you will asphyxiate in your sleep.

The chance of that is something like 1/(2^ (5.22*10^23)), but that number is not zero!

So...you're saying we have a chance? Smile
Csraverage

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
PossibleCabbage wrote:

So...you're saying we have a chance? Smile

Easy Lloyd Christmas... Laughing

svp

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Gluckman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having Revis wouldn't have changed the outcome of our playoff loss to SF. This is one of those moves that looks great on paper, but isn't as effective as one would have hoped when it actually happens.
persiandud

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Gluckman wrote:
Having Revis wouldn't have changed the outcome of our playoff loss to SF. This is one of those moves that looks great on paper, but isn't as effective as one would have hoped when it actually happens.

You don't know that. Revis could have shut down Crabtree, who had 119 yards and 2 TD's.

Score was 45-31, if you don't recall.
Brad Gluckman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Brad Gluckman wrote:

You don't know that. Revis could have shut down Crabtree, who had 119 yards and 2 TD's.

You're right, I don't know that.

I guess what I'm saying is the defense let up what?...300 yds rushing? Crabtree wasn't the problem in that game, Kaepernick and Gore were.
gbpacker40

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we are giving up draft picks for secondary help, I would rather try to lure Jarius Byrd away from Buffalo, granted he is indeed franchised.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Brad Gluckman wrote:

lol.

It's never that simple in football.

<33333333
persiandud

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Brad Gluckman wrote:

lol.

Of course not, but you can't deny he would have made our defense a lot better. I think it's a stretch to say he wouldn't have affected the outcome.
spilltray

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

persiandud wrote:
Kal-El wrote:
persiandud wrote:
Brad Gluckman wrote:

lol.

Of course not, but you can't deny he would have made our defense a lot better. I think it's a stretch to say he wouldn't have affected the outcome.

Revis of 23 years ago would have maybe makes the defense better, but I doubt it's that huge of an impact. Even vs Revis, guys are going to get open eventually. Revis of last year? On IR. Revis of next year? Who's to say how close he is to form. One thing is certain, it's going to take both a huge deal and trade package to try and find out.

That's not a gamble I'm willing to take considering the relative overall strength of the CBs on the roster.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit shocked this one ran over ten pages deep. Man Packers fans are a sick breed..... Laughing

No way that boy becomes a Packer though IMO. I'm not real sure there is a team that he makes less sence for to tell the truth. Money is going to be tight in the very near future and there is a ton of young talent in that CB group!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
No way that boy becomes a Packer though IMO. I'm not real sure there is a team that he makes less sence for to tell the truth. Money is going to be tight in the very near future and there is a ton of young talent in that CB group!

Pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I'm a bit shocked this one ran over ten pages deep. Man Packers fans are a sick breed..... Laughing

We get bored. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: