Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick49ers Mock Draft- post Superbowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick49er

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Nick49ers Mock Draft- post Superbowl Reply with quote

31. Jesse Williams (DT) - We bring in this mamoth human being to help our line get alot younger. I am of the opinon that we let ICE walk and we will re-sign RJF. So we add another Monster on the line who could play either DT or DE for us.

61. Margus Hunt (DE) - another D-LINE pick, we need depth...so we go for a Justin Smith clone and hope he learns from the original Cowboy. He too would add size and youth to our aging D-Line.

74. Quinton Patton (WR) - We bring in another WR with great hands and quickness. He shined in the Senior Bowl and he also has experience in the return game. Could become a good replacement for Ginn with punt returns.

93. Jonathan Cyprien (S) - First of all i think we sign Goldson to a long term deal. But we draft Cyprien as insurance policy for both our safties. Whitner struggled alot in coverage in the playoffs, teams targeted him and they got rewarded with easy touchdowns. Cyprien is a very agressive player who seems to love popping ball carriers and refuses to give up on plays. Very Similar nature to Goldson.

125. Chase Tomas (OLB) - Fangio gets another former College recruit to bolster his defence. This bloke is a very smart linebacker, who shows very good football sense when playing.

150. Michael Willams (TE) - This Alabama tight end has a great blocking technique. He has potential and could easily replace Delanie Walker as our compliment to VD. Needs to work on his seperation skills though.

157. Micah Hyde (CB) - Hyde has good size for a cornerback at 6-foot-1 and just over 190 pounds. He will add some depth to our DB's who struggled in the post season. Brown was the only CB who stood up in the playoff's and Rogers might be on the outer anyway with his salary.

172. Braxston Cave (C) - We need to find a replacement for Goodwin. Cave has good size, footwork and shows great strength, especially in the lower body. Cave is a dominating drive blocker. He comes off the ball well, plays low, engages and drives his defender where he wants him to go. He Suits what the 49er O-LINE is all about.

189. Aaron Mellette (WR) - big athletic type that can make a catch over his head and down around his ankles. He demonstrates ability to go up and get a ball. Something that we lack at WR.

212. Dustin Hopkins (K) - do i really need to explain this. Everybody wants Akers out and Hopkins in.

221. Tyrann Mathieu (CB) - comes with his fair share of problems but he is worth the risk with our last pick. I wanted Vontaze Burfict last year and he has been exceptional with the Bengals. He will be coming to a Super Bowl contending team so he should shape up. If this comes off he could provide us with a great corp of young DB'S.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patton might be going in the first with how well he showed up at the senior bowl. i dont think hes there, but if he is, i would love it

new sig... sorry alex
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're going to have re-size your avatar Nick49er. The max is 80 x 80 pixels. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure all will be there, but very nice draft. Would like this one.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id be extremely happy with this draft, especially in rounds 3 and 4, but i don't think there's any chance that Patton is still there at the top of round three, and I don't think Mellete will be there that late either.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
rudyZ

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margus Hunt isn't nearly a Justin Smith clone, though.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
oldman9er

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
31. Jesse Williams (DT) B

Considering you have us re-signing RJF, I can live with this one.

Quote:
61. Margus Hunt (DE) B

Not as optimistic as some that he can be a good replacement for Justin... but I don't hate the pick... dude doesn't suck.

Quote:
74. Quinton Patton (WR) A

If available here, I'll be happy. I think he is the 5th best WR in this class.

Quote:
93. Jonathan Cyprien (S) A

Like him here.. am a bit doubtful of his deep coverage abilities.. but he can replace Whitner at some point.

Quote:
125. Chase Thomas (OLB) B

Yeah, his value has been dropping, but I liked what I saw of him in college. So I like the value and addition here. I think he still has 3rd rd value despite the things we have seen since his time at Stanford.

Quote:
150. Michael Willams (TE) C

Not the TE I would have gone with, but he did show a little more deep ball ability than I expected at the SB. I'm good with him at this point, and think Celek may have something to say about the #2 spot.

Quote:
157. Micah Hyde (CB) B

Like him. He could also be a Goldson replacement one day.. but I think he has the skills to be a real surprise.

Quote:
172. Braxston Cave (C) C

I like Kilgore as Goodwin's successor... but this isn't a pick I would take much issue with.

Quote:
189. Aaron Mellette (WR) A

I'd be doing a little happy dance if we get Mellette here.

Quote:
212. Dustin Hopkins (K)A

Haha, no... no need to explain this one. Like.

Quote:
221. Tyrann Mathieu (CB)A

Can't beat the value... low risk, very high reward potential here. I think someone will take this chance a couple rounds earlier, but great if he's here. He can be a quality starting NCB early on.

Overall =

___

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: