Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Flacco vs. Ryan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Been Falcons fan for 25+ years. Longer than you have Cool

never missing a game either

I haven't been alive 25 years yet. Bad argument there, "chief".

Yes, because I have infinite money. Get out of here with that argument. Sorry that I chose to go to college in another state. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Swift, you're not a Falcons fan so just disappear.

I will be here for awhile. I will tell you that . I guess you didnt feel like breaking down the defensive stats that I sent your way.
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Yes, because I have infinite money. Get out of here with that argument. Sorry that I chose to go to college in another state. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Guess that college didn't offer reading comprehension You think they would .Who said anything about $ or attending games. I gave up my season tickets a long time ago I dont go to games either. I havent missed a Falcons game in over 25 years meaning on TV or at the game.
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Guess that college didn't offer reading comprehension You think they would .Who said anything about $ or attending games. I gave up my season tickets a long time ago I dont go to games either. I havent missed a Falcons game in over 25 years meaning on TV or at the game.
in that regard, I haven't missed a game since I was 5. so that's a bad argument swift. And missing games when you are 5 is perfectly acceptable. Laughing

matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Swift924"][quote="tech2186"]
Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
JonnyQuest wrote:
Matt becomes Playoff clutch he will be haunted but I think his skill set and talent is overall better than Flacco's.

Not sure Ryan has the better overall talent. This could be Flacco stage now where Ray Rice and ground game is not the focal point of offense.. You can see now Flacco take the reigns .

Flacco has much higher talent. BIGGER ARM and better mobility

Ryan has higher football IQ and accuracy ..but as talent goes Flacco ceiling is higher

But Ryan has had to play with a less talented Oline and a team that had transitioned into a pass only team. Flacco still benefits of play action and has a above average running game. Not to mention his Oline is better than Ryan's. Yet Ryan has still been able to put up more W's than Flacco overall.

Flacco is also playing with far less talent at skill positions outside RB position ..Not taking away from Ravens players but Ryan has 2 top tier wrs and a HOF TE

Julio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.Torrey Smith....check

Roddy >>>>>>>>>>>>>Boldin .................check

Tony G >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pita....check

You know how many times Boldin makes spectacular catches to bail out Flacco? All. The. Time. You can't say that Roddy is much better than Boldin at all. Roddy only puts up better stats in the regular season because he has a QB that isn't garbage in the regular season to put them up with Rolling Eyes
Smith is also an awesome deep threat. Doesn't have near the same talent as Julio, but theres just something about that guy going deep that gives teams fits defending. And of course Tony G is better than Pitta.
I would say that Flacco having with a much better RB, better O line, better 3rd WR (yeah, I'll bring the #3 WRs in the conversation because I think Douglas sucks and that any coordinated WR, ESPECIALLY JONES, would have scored a TD when Douglas fell down against the 9ers), and an equal caliber #1 WR outweighs Matt having a better #2 WR and TE.
And the Carolina game winning drive was different than Baltimores Denver game winning drive. Matt put the ball in a place where his playmaker could get it, and he came down with it. Jones completely torched a PREVENT defense and caught an arm punt from Flacco. The Panthers were not in a prevent.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Swift924

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boldin was clutch in playoffs but he is not a equal number 1 to Roddy. Lets he honest . Flacco is making a player out of Torrey Smith just imagine what he would do with Julio is a much better overall wr . Ray Rice also had 1 good game in playoffs but so did Turner/ Quizz in Sea game . The offensive lines are equal . They are both middle of pack offensive lines . The difference in this years playoffs was Flacco not making mistakes and coming up clutch. Ryan had his chance to win SF game and failed to do so
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
Boldin was clutch in playoffs but he is not a equal number 1 to Roddy. Lets he honest . Flacco is making a player out of Torrey Smith just imagine what he would do with Julio is a much better overall wr . Ray Rice also had 1 good game in playoffs but so did Turner/ Quizz in Sea game . The offensive lines are equal . They are both middle of pack offensive lines . The difference in this years playoffs was Flacco not making mistakes and coming up clutch. Ryan had his chance to win SF game and failed to do so

I am being honest. Roddy doesn't even come close to making the catches that Boldin does, and isn't near the YAC monster. Roddys success comes as a product of his great route running and great chemistry with Ryan. And you can't just say that Flacco is making a player out of Torrey Smith. Torrey Smith is getting open and Flacco is delivering it to him. And imagine what Flacco would do with Julio in the playoffs? I guarantee you Julio doesn't have 180 yards and 2 TDs against the 9ers in the superbowl. The O lines are not equal, the Ravens o line is clearly superior to the Falcons and anyone with eyes will tell you that. And how many rushing TDs did the Falcons score in the playoffs again? 0, thats how much help Ryan got from the running game in the playoffs. Most of the yards on the ground in during our run came in big chunks. Despite Flacco getting more help from the ground game in his game against the 9ers than Ryan got, Ryan was still able to pick apart the 9ers secondary for most of the game and throw for almost 400 yards. Our offense put up just 3 points less than the Ravens offense did. The difference? The Ravens D was able to make a stop when it mattered most and ours was not (even though the refs missed a PI and the Ravens probably shouldn't have won, but I digress). Ryan also did not have the luxury of his #3 WR coming in clutch and making a huge play when the opportunity presented itself. Jones was able to pull in that horrid pass and turn it into a TD in the superbowl, while Douglas could barely even hang onto the dang football on a much easier play.
But despite all of that, I still think that Flacco played better than Ryan in the playoffs. Just not nearly as much as you seem to think. All the credit in the world goes to Flacco for not turning the ball over when Ryan turned it over twice. Without those two turnovers or maybe even just one, we easily cruise past the 9ers en route to the superbowl (which we probably win given our advantage at QB).
Its not even a freaking QUESTION as to who has more talent IMO. Ryan shows it time and time again in the regular season, and will only continue to get better in the post season. Not making any excuses for Ryan, but Flacco had way more playoff experience than Ryan did going into these playoffs because he rode the back of his defense to continue advancing in previous years.

swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People making comments like "you aren't even a Falcons fan" annoys me to no other. Get out of here with that crap. Agree with the dude or not, who the hell are you to make a comment so ignorant like that? To call in the question of someone's fanhood is both irrelevant and ignorant, and honestly it just makes you look bad. Swift has been more critical of the Falcons than other fans, but that doesn't make him any less of a fan than someone else. Please.

[/rant]

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
People making comments like "you aren't even a Falcons fan" annoys me to no other. Get out of here with that crap. Agree with the dude or not, who the hell are you to make a comment so ignorant like that? To call in the question of someone's fanhood is both irrelevant and ignorant, and honestly it just makes you look bad. Swift has been more critical of the Falcons than other fans, but that doesn't make him any less of a fan than someone else. Please.

[/rant]
you haven't seen him on other boards. he's an anti-falcons cancerous troll and a hypocrite who goes back on his own posts without ever admitting that he was wrong.

swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

[/rant]
you haven't seen him on other boards. he's an anti-falcons cancerous troll and a hypocrite who goes back on his own posts without ever admitting that he was wrong.

Oh, scar. Some things never change.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

I am being honest. Roddy doesn't even come close to making the catches that Boldin does, and isn't near the YAC monster. Roddys success comes as a product of his great route running and great chemistry with Ryan. And you can't just say that Flacco is making a player out of Torrey Smith. Torrey Smith is getting open and Flacco is delivering it to him. And imagine what Flacco would do with Julio in the playoffs? I guarantee you Julio doesn't have 180 yards and 2 TDs against the 9ers in the superbowl. The O lines are not equal, the Ravens o line is clearly superior to the Falcons and anyone with eyes will tell you that. And how many rushing TDs did the Falcons score in the playoffs again? 0, thats how much help Ryan got from the running game in the playoffs. Most of the yards on the ground in during our run came in big chunks. Despite Flacco getting more help from the ground game in his game against the 9ers than Ryan got, Ryan was still able to pick apart the 9ers secondary for most of the game and throw for almost 400 yards. Our offense put up just 3 points less than the Ravens offense did. The difference? The Ravens D was able to make a stop when it mattered most and ours was not (even though the refs missed a PI and the Ravens probably shouldn't have won, but I digress). Ryan also did not have the luxury of his #3 WR coming in clutch and making a huge play when the opportunity presented itself. Jones was able to pull in that horrid pass and turn it into a TD in the superbowl, while Douglas could barely even hang onto the dang football on a much easier play.
But despite all of that, I still think that Flacco played better than Ryan in the playoffs. Just not nearly as much as you seem to think. All the credit in the world goes to Flacco for not turning the ball over when Ryan turned it over twice. Without those two turnovers or maybe even just one, we easily cruise past the 9ers en route to the superbowl (which we probably win given our advantage at QB).
Its not even a freaking QUESTION as to who has more talent IMO. Ryan shows it time and time again in the regular season, and will only continue to get better in the post season. Not making any excuses for Ryan, but Flacco had way more playoff experience than Ryan did going into these playoffs because he rode the back of his defense to continue advancing in previous years.

Man, you are selling Roddy REAL short to beef up your argument. Anquan Boldin at this point in his career does not compare to Roddy White. He came up clutch in the playoffs, but let's not act like he has played like that during his entire tenure with the Ravens...

Falcons. O's. Wizards. Caps.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonnyQuest wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Man, you are selling Roddy REAL short to beef up your argument. Anquan Boldin at this point in his career does not compare to Roddy White. He came up clutch in the playoffs, but let's not act like he has played like that during his entire tenure with the Ravens...

Well yeah, Boldin in the playoffs>Roddy. I thought we were only talking playoffs here. If there's any debate at all as to who the better QB in the regular season is, regardless of WR corps, someone needs some serious help.

FalconFan13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

[/rant]

To be fair bro Swift is a widely known troll on the real falcons message board. Enough to get him banned quite a few times. With that said im a long time friend of swifts way before i even came to this board and don't care if he trolls or not. Thats between him and the mods. So Scott somewhat has a point on that as Swifty and Scott actually probably go back awhile on the real falcons board as well. Although i don't think they have ever been friends with each other like i am with both.

I said it the 1st time i seen swifty on here though that he can and will get alot of peoples panties in a bunch XD

Scott is probably 1 of 1000's that has said Swifty isn't a falcon fan. I think he is he just likes to [inappropriate/removed] people off for fun.
swoosh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

[/rant]

To be fair bro Swift is a widely known troll on the real falcons message board. Enough to get him banned quite a few times. With that said im a long time friend of swifts way before i even came to this board and don't care if he trolls or not. Thats between him and the mods. So Scott somewhat has a point on that as Swifty and Scott actually probably go back awhile on the real falcons board as well. Although i don't think they have ever been friends with each other like i am with both.

I said it the 1st time i seen swifty on here though that he can and will get alot of peoples panties in a bunch XD

Scott is probably 1 of 1000's that has said Swifty isn't a falcon fan. I think he is he just likes to [inappropriate/removed] people off for fun.

Troll or no troll, to say someone is NOT a fan is beyond ignorant. Unless you know swift in real life or something, who are you to say he's not something?

And when I say "you," I don't actually mean YOU. Hypothetical you. My writing professor would be PISSED.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

[/rant]

Troll or no troll, to say someone is NOT a fan is beyond ignorant. Unless you know swift in real life or something, who are you to say he's not something?

And when I say "you," I don't actually mean YOU. Hypothetical you. My writing professor would be PISSED.

You need a tissue or somethin? Holy crap dude. Relax lol

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: