Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mt. Davis to be covered during 2013 season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wouldn't sell out either in LA if they don't start winning. Improve the team and the stadium will fill up, be it in Oakland or anywhere else. They won't stay in Oakland if they have to keep playing in this stadium though.
Darkness

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Ya know, one or two more moves like this and we better see this team move back to LA.

I really fear this team dying at this rate if it stays in Oakland.

Wasn't the stadium selling out for nearly two straight seasons before this past year?
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Ya know, one or two more moves like this and we better see this team move back to LA.

Wasn't the stadium selling out for nearly two straight seasons before this past year?

No. And the ticket prices have got to be the cheapest in the league. Not much of a revenue stream for a small market.

LA just seems more and more logical every day. To the point where I really do think that this team could be LA or nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

No. And the ticket prices have got to be the cheapest in the league. Not much of a revenue stream for a small market.

LA just seems more and more logical every day. To the point where I really do think that this team could be LA or nothing.

Why weren't the games being blacked out then?
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I believe a new rule has been implemented that only 85% of tickets need to be sold in order to avoid blackout.

For your reference, this is from an article Nov 26, 2010:

"The Raiders did manage to sell out their most recent home game, against the Chiefs on November 7, but before that they had 11 in a row blacked out. So now itís 12 blackouts in 13 games for Oakland."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/26/raiders-blacked-out-in-bay-area/

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I believe a new rule has been implemented that only 85% of tickets need to be sold in order to avoid blackout.

"The Raiders did manage to sell out their most recent home game, against the Chiefs on November 7, but before that they had 11 in a row blacked out. So now itís 12 blackouts in 13 games for Oakland."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/26/raiders-blacked-out-in-bay-area/

I guess it was just last season then. Seems like the biggest problem is the team struggling to win 5 games a season for the past decade. A competitive team would bring fans.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

I guess it was just last season then. Seems like the biggest problem is the team struggling to win 5 games a season for the past decade. A competitive team would bring fans.

No doubt. But I don't think this team isn't surviving another 5 years in Oakland like the prior 10. The pressure is really on to perform. And I don't want to know what will happen if improvement doesn't happen in the near future. Because by then, another team will already be in LA. And this team may be out of options...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny, I sat in section 148 row 7 last year and paid 210 a ticket on stubhub. Confused
Professor Oak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new capacity will be 53,250, down from 64,200 - making it the lowest capacity in the NFL.

With the lease at the Coliseum expiring at the end of 2013, Mark Davis has to think of something pretty soon.

The only options he has are:

A. Try to somehow get enough money to help build a new stadium at the current site (supposedly his first choice), which seems extremely difficult at the moment.

B. Share a stadium with the 49ers in Santa Clara.

C. Move to Los Angeles. [last resort]
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
The new capacity will be 53,250, down from 64,200 - making it the lowest capacity in the NFL.

With the lease at the Coliseum expiring at the end of 2013, Mark Davis has to think of something pretty soon.

The only options he has are:

A. Try to somehow get enough money to help build a new stadium at the current site (supposedly his first choice), which seems extremely difficult at the moment.

B. Share a stadium with the 49ers in Santa Clara.

C. Move to Los Angeles. [last resort]

Well they were giving up money on the 85% rule anyways. they balance out this way and hope to fill the seats. The ticket sales are nice but thats not where the big money comes from. It comes from concessions and merchandise. Ya you sell the seat for 25 dollars cheaper but you fill the seat and the person sitting there spends minimum 30 on food, drink and merchandise. In most cases more.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

Bingo!

Catch-22 as the Raiders are also the lowest revenue generating team now as well. Imo, the writing is on the wall. I think Mark is making plans to jettison those not on board with moving (ie-Trask).

And what do you have to back up that silly claim? Rolling Eyes

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

BULLCRAP!!!

Before last year we sold out the entire season the year before.

DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, is this the difference between fans from Oakland and those that are not?

Some will simply concede that the team will leave or should leave? Evil or Very Mad

Well those aint from here I'll tell you that.

justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:

BULLCRAP!!!

Before last year we sold out the entire season the year before.

That's true, but if you read what I posted from mid-season 2010 it was nothing but blackouts. And 2012 was bad. Now we have the lowest seating, with possibly the lowest ticket prices...do the math.

In a perfect world I think we'd all want the Raiders to stay in Oakland. Especially guys like you from Oakland, no question. It just might not be a possibility going forward.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even entertain those thoughts. Because we have shown that if the team wins, the fans will come out. So at this point its all on the team. And "a little bird" told me that we should prepare for a roster turnover just like we saw last year.

Let the head chopping begin!!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: