Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packattack's New Mock W/Trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Packattack's New Mock W/Trade Reply with quote

Offseason: Ted resigns Shields, EDS, Jones, and Crabtree. Woodson restructures.

The Pack tag and trade Jennings to Miami for their second RD pick that they received from the Colts. We receive a 4th comp for Flynn.

1. Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida - Floyd is a terrific prospect that has violent hands and a high motor. Floyd would give us an excellent young DE that can take over for Pickett in the future and also provide insurance this yr for Worthy.

2. Barrett Jones, OL, Bama - Jones has been pegged more in the 2nd RD lately and I think he could fall there due to his injury and him not being an elite prospect. Jones would be the ideal lineman to come in and compete for the center job, as well as provide great depth and versatility.

2. Quinton Patton, WR, LT - Patton will give GB depth and a future starter to help replace Jennings. Patton is a nice fit in GB's offense and TT loves taking WR's in RD2.

3. Le'Veon Bell, RB, MSU - Bell would give the Packers a big RB that can pick up those tough yards and help grind the clock to preserve a lead. Bell isn't just a plodder, he can catch very well and is surprisingly agile for a big back.

4. DJ Swearinger, S, SC - DJ is a physical safety that can be an enforcer on the back end. He would bring depth and competition to the safety position.

4. Kevin Reddick, ILB, UNC - Reddick is a solid all around player, he tackles well, has good instincts, and is good value here. Depth is needed bcuz Hawk is not a long term fix at ILB and we need someone to push DJ.

5. Kwame Geathers, DT, UGA - Geathers would add a nice training camp body and if he makes the team he could be a solid rotational NT.

6. Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA - MM loves the TE position, so he will want to develop future players to possibly replace Finley.

7. Traded to CLE for Colt McCoy, he would be a solid backup.

Thoughts, suggestions?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great to me, except I wouldn't want McCoy's 2.5 mil cap hit in 2013. Definitely redoing that. Little worried about Swearinger's range too.
pollino14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than Barett Jones I really like it. Hope we could get a 2nd for GJ if he doesn't stay.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love all the prospects in this one, Jones in the 2nd i think is a stretch I think we would have to trade up to try and get him. I really like Riddick i think he could really be a pick that the packers make just not sure where yet. The tag and trade stuff its fun for our mocks because it allows us to plug in another good player but it will never happen because of the cap, if we could pay him then we would just keep him.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Swearinger just another McMillian?
Hinkle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad draft but don't see Jenning's getting tagged not going to happen.

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: