Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Draft Grade?
A
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
B
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
C
66%
 66%  [ 4 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Another Mock Reply with quote

Released/not Retained
Cedric Benson
John Kuhn
Ryan Grant
Erik Walden
M.D Jennings
Tom Crabtree

Retired
Jeff Saturday
Donald Driver

Resigned
Brad Jones
Charles Woodson (restructured)
Sam Shields
Evan Dietrich-Smith

TRADE
Greg Jennings is tagged and traded to the New York Jets for their 2nd round pick and a conditional pick in 2014

Free Agency

Jared Cook TE Tennessee Titans

Rumors suggest Cook is not happy with the Titans as his targets were 24th among TEs, and I personally don't believe Finley will be back after next season. Signing Cook gives us another TE with elite athleticism and play making ability and a two headed monster (perhaps) at the position much like New England to ease the losses of Jennings and Driver. He shouldn't come to expensive either, as his number has fallen, but he still posses great physical ability and with a great supporting cast and QB getting him the ball I think he could be a real steal.

4th Round compensatory pick for Matt Flynn

NFL Draft

1st Round
Kenny Vaccaro S Texas

My absolute dream pick where we are sitting, Vaccaro reminds me of Cwood in many ways. He does an excellent job of defending the run, and covers a ton of ground in coverage as well. He only had 2 INTs this season, but I believe his ball skills are better then that number says. He also forced 2 fumbles and was a leader on a down year for a Texas team under Mack Brown. I can't stand M.D Jennings one bit. He's terrible in coverage and invisible while on the field. Lets roll with Wood for a year, then let Kenny and McMill take over from then on while Burnett mans the other side. If Morgan doesn't up his game like I expect him to, another safety maybe an early priority next year as well.

2nd Round A
Alex Okafor OLB Texas]

Yes, another Longhorn. In a class of stacked pass rushers, a good one falls and Ted jumps on it. It's becoming more and more obvious that you can never have to many good pass rushers in today's NFL. Okafor has been extremely productive rushing the passer most of his career at Texas, and remained productive after fellow stud pass rusher Jackson Jeffcoat went down with a torn pectoral. If Nick Perry works out like I believe he will, and Okafor is what I believe, plus with Bishop returning, our biggest weakness on defense becomes a strength. This should make our secondary look better as well.

2nd Round B
Markus Wheaton WR Oregon State

Losing Jennings will hurt to some extent, so finding a guy to stretch the field opposite Jordy to allow Cobb to mostly play in the slot where he is at his finest is crucial to me. I love James Jones, but I don't see him reproducing the kind of year he had again this year. Wheaton is blazing fast, has reliable hands and is becoming a crisp route runner. Simply to good to pass up here.

3rd Round
Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA

Good vision, shifty, more quick then fast. Is not shy of contact and is more physical then one would think given his size.

4th Round A
Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

Worthy's injury is devastating to me because I love him as a player, Neal is always a risk to get hurt, and Pickett is aging. Our defensive line still needs young blood. Devin Taylor isn't talked about much at all because he plays across from the best player in the country, Jadeveon Clowney. However he is a good run defender in his own right and has the size and is a good enough athlete to play in a 3-4. Could be a real steal if he puts his physical skills together after a somewhat down year this year.

4th Round B
Dalton Freeman C Clemson

The biggest knock on Dalton is his size. He will have a year (hopefully) in the weight room to bulk up and possibly take the starting spot from EDS if he has a bad year next year. I like EDS much more as a 2nd option at guard and center then a starter, so finding an eventual replacement for him here is a good pick. Freeman blocked tremendously well for Tajh Boyd and also opened up nice holes for Andre Ellington to run threw. I like his future potential a lot.

5th Round
Tom Wort ILB Oklahoma

I believe our need at ILB is a little overblown. Once Bishop returns and Jones isn't forced to play every down I expect much better play there. However I'm not entirely sold on Terrell Manning and adding another ILB is a good decision. Wort flashed big time potential at times and probably made a mistake coming out early as he also disappeared at times as well. Could turn into a solid player if he gets his consistency issues worked out.

6th Round
Michael Dyer RB Arkansas State

If Dyer didn't have serious character concerns, he'd probably be a first round back in this class. I think he's well worth a shot in the 6th. If he acts up, cut him and admit your mistake. If he keeps his head on straight and plays like he did at Auburn, he, Franklin and Harris are 3 really good young backs to have on this roster.

7th Round
Caleb Sturgis K Florida

The pressure is on Mason. Either work out your accuracy issues soon, or lose your job to a youngster. Sturgis made clutch kicks for the Gators many times during his last year and isn't rattled easily.

Comments are always appreciated. Criticism is welcome too.

^Kempes on the sig

Last edited by ArodFanboy on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First 2 picks most likely won't be there at those picks. Vacarro certainly will not be, it would be nice.

XBL: ShiiNyIV
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
First 2 picks most likely won't be there at those picks. Vacarro certainly will not be, it would be nice.

I can understand why some doubt that Vaccaro will fall that far, but it seems like Matt Elam and Eric Reid are getting alot of attention as well. Any one of the three I'd love as they each add a different dimension to our defense. As for Okafor, I definitely feel we can nab him in the earlier half of round 2. This class is loaded with pass rushers and with the down year Texas has he has been somewhat looked over as well. Thanks for the comment though. I spend a lot of time when I do these so any type of feedback is appreciated.

^Kempes on the sig
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArodFanboy wrote:
JBURGE25 wrote:

I can understand why some doubt that Vaccaro will fall that far, but it seems like Matt Elam and Eric Reid are getting alot of attention as well. Any one of the three I'd love as they each add a different dimension to our defense. As for Okafor, I definitely feel we can nab him in the earlier half of round 2. This class is loaded with pass rushers and with the down year Texas has he has been somewhat looked over as well. Thanks for the comment though. I spend a lot of time when I do these so any type of feedback is appreciated.

I'm not a big fan of Reid. The only person I want above Phillip Thomas is Vacarro, but we 100% would need to trade up to get him at this point.

XBL: ShiiNyIV
packattack86

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very happy with this draft. Vaccaro would be a big upgrade at safety IF he is there. Not a fan of Okafor as he seems like a 4-3 guy and we have CM3, Perry, Moses, etc... but I guess if he was the BPA. The rest is very good, although I say no to 2 RB's.

I also like Jared Cook a lot, he is very similar to Finley as far as talent, but he suffered from poor QB play w/ the Titans. If we sign him i'd be fine cutting Finley.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're not tagging Jennings not happening! Kenny V will not be there for us at our pick.

Props to Uncle Buck for the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: