Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Moore FA, Pat Delvin #2 or someone else

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Matt Moore FA, Pat Delvin #2 or someone else Reply with quote

Sorry stuck at work tonight been looking into alot of the FA, saw something says New York Jets might be looking to bring Matt Moore in to push Sanchez (told you Ovaw) If we let Moore walk or he wants to go to a team who may give him the starting job, do we stick with pat as our Number 2? do we draft another late round QB or do we look for another FA to back up Tanney. I know any way we go Tanney is the starter but we need to have someone who can push him in training camp?

Here is what I found on Moore.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4535/matt-moore

Quote:
The New York Post mentions impending free agent Matt Moore as a possibility for the Jets
It lists some other QB's but I think Moore would be front runner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Moore is the best quarterback in the NFL at the backup position. He can be to the Dolphins what Earl Morrall was to us in 1972. Any team signing him and expecting multiple trips to the Super Bowl is using meds I haven't tried yet.

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful, now we have an excuse to draft a QB without scaring Tannehill and causing controversy. Draft a QB if there is a good one available. Look at what the Chargers did with Brees/Rivers, what the 49ers did with Smith/Kapernick, etc.
Lemmiwinks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCool333 wrote:
Beautiful, now we have an excuse to draft a QB without scaring Tannehill and causing controversy. Draft a QB if there is a good one available. Look at what the Chargers did with Brees/Rivers, what the 49ers did with Smith/Kapernick, etc.

That's not the same at all. Manning was drafted first overall then traded for Rivers plus picks because Brees wasn't getting it done. Kapernick was drafted because Smith wasn't getting it done and Harbaugh wanted his own guy, Smith was clearly not it in his eye. Drafting a QB a little later in the draft could potentially make sense and all but your comparison to those situations is way off.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd prefer to have Moore back for cheap but he deserves a shot elsewhere. I'd also be okay with drafting a QB in the 3rd or later to replace him. But then, we'd have no experience what so ever behind Tannehill.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Matt Moore alot very good backup good team guy handled everything with class and hope he stays but he is gone because of money and the staff likes Pat Devlin
Manlaw15

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Matt Moore is the best quarterback in the NFL at the backup position. He can be to the Dolphins what Earl Morrall was to us in 1972. Any team signing him and expecting multiple trips to the Super Bowl is using meds I haven't tried yet.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The Jets are a mess that will take years to clean up.

I like Matt Moore and hope he stays but as stated by fishfan4life this staff is absolutely in love with Pat. I know that may have slipped on Hardknocks for ratings and what have you but drawling comparisons to Tony Romo. I still would like to see him up against better caliber defenses though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: