Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB in RD 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
NIKEJWN wrote:
Ya I think we are really in a no win situation at this point. I want nothing to do with Glennon. I have watched him for the past two years as my brother went to NC State so I have a small rooting interest in that team and he just did not have the consistency I would have liked. In a really bad ACC with only two some what legit teams he couldnt muster much at all this season.

Does NC state really have a lot of talent though? I mean wasn't Tj Graham like their best receiver? That tells me everything I need to know about their roster.

What I see when I watch Glennon:

NFL Arm
Poise/ Pocket presence
good not great accuracy
command of the offense
energetic and a leader
below average foot work
makes questionable throws
lacks true mobility

I know Glennon has been inconsistent but like i fore mentioned I question how good the team around him really was. In my eyes Glennon is a better prospect then Tannehill was last year who coincidentally went 8th to Miami.

Obviously these are called highlights for a reason, but watch this video and tell me you are not impressed with his down field accuracy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uygMU8GbWPE

Highlights are highlights and when you play teams like Duke Wake Forest Boston College you are going to have some. I am still not impressed at all to take this guy in rd 1. First dont want a statue in the pocket much rather have a guy who has some mobility. As to the talent issue. Glennon continues to get Matt Ryan comparisons, and Ryan had about the same talent level that Glennon had. The difference between the two is that Ryan made the guys around him better. Glennon did not. Plus having watched more of Glennon he had some decent options on the outside and a pretty good TE. Your not going to sway my opinion of this guy and if we take him I am sure you will be disappointed.

I know I said that.

Matty Ice was considered a reach at 3 when it happened, and because of how he played no one remembers that. I too have seen the comparisons to Matt Ryan and I don't really see it either, I think Glennon is more like Joe Flacco or Matt Shaub. He isn't going to put up top 5 numbers every year, but he can lead a team to the playoffs and in todays event maybe even a Super Bowl.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree for now on Glennon and see how his career turns out. But I think with our running game, the few weapons at WR and the potential defence we could have. Glennon could be just what we need.

Fair enough and if we do take him I will back him and hope that I am wrong, but just dont see it being successful.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Glennon is well versed in a Pro Style Offense. The phrase "Arm to Make all the NFL throws" gets bantered around this time a year, but with Glennon it's a reality. His receivers never separated, and he had to force the ball into tight coverage to make N.C. State Competitive. Mechanics & Footwork are better than most contend.

Dysert is a 5th Rounder in my opinion. 3 Time Captain but failed Conditioning Tests. I do like that the coaches he had moved onto bigger & better things. Must have been doing something right.

Does Matt Barkley have the arm strength to make the tough throws in Buffalo. Can he throw a wet football. Is he Healthy? Lots of questions to answer. He's clearly a student of the game, understands progression reads and is accurate. But the league is moving towards vertical passing, and I do not think he can make all the throws even if healthy.

Nassib has big Mitts. He has the second best Arm behind Glennon. He's more athletic than Glennon and he's familiar with the Staff. Accuracy off at times under pressure. Misses high too often.

If Nassib is infact the Franchise QB, you select him at 8.
NIKEJWN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
Mike Glennon is well versed in a Pro Style Offense. The phrase "Arm to Make all the NFL throws" gets bantered around this time a year, but with Glennon it's a reality. His receivers never separated, and he had to force the ball into tight coverage to make N.C. State Competitive. Mechanics & Footwork are better than most contend.
Dysert is a 5th Rounder in my opinion. 3 Time Captain but failed Conditioning Tests. I do like that the coaches he had moved onto bigger & better things. Must have been doing something right.

Does Matt Barkley have the arm strength to make the tough throws in Buffalo. Can he throw a wet football. Is he Healthy? Lots of questions to answer. He's clearly a student of the game, understands progression reads and is accurate. But the league is moving towards vertical passing, and I do not think he can make all the throws even if healthy.

Nassib has big Mitts. He has the second best Arm behind Glennon. He's more athletic than Glennon and he's familiar with the Staff. Accuracy off at times under pressure. Misses high too often.

If Nassib is infact the Franchise QB, you select him at 8.

We can state that all these guys you mentioned did not have the talent around them besides Barkley who has two starting NFL WR's. I just never say the IT factor in his two years at NC State. His brother Sean played at Va Tech a few years back and I just dont see any difference between the two to make me want to reach for him at 8. I agree he has a rocket, but his accuracy is very questionable and his mobility scares the crap out of me.

One thing that I have started to see on some MOCKs of late is Geno Smith falling to us at 8 and personally I could see it happening if KC passes and takes a LT at 1. Jacksonville would be the dark horse but bringing in a defensive minded coach you would think he would go else where at 2. The next possible team to need a QB would be Cleveland or Arizona. Cleveland took Brandon Weeden and Arizona desperetly needs a OT.

Max's 2010 Annual Draft Contest Winner

Adopt a Bill 2011- SS George Wilson
CB Drayton Florence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: