Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Current Cap Summary

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Ravens Current Cap Summary Reply with quote

http://russellstreetreport.com/ravens-2013-free-agency-preview-2/

Just saw this posted and I thought you all might like to take a look. I haven't fully read through it, so I'll add my comments in after.

GO RAVENS!!
ravens5520

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From a Salary Cap perspective, a long-term deal is always the most Cap friendly option. On a long-term deal, the 1st year Cap number is generally the lowest Cap number of the contract, and with a relatively tight Cap, a new deal would allow the Ravens to allocate whatever other Cap Space they have to address other areas of need. Under a long-term deal, depending on the structure of the contract, Flacco’s 2013 Cap number would likely be in the $5-7M range.

I like the sounds of keeping his cap low but haven't finished reading this yet
mcdni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
Quote:
From a Salary Cap perspective, a long-term deal is always the most Cap friendly option. On a long-term deal, the 1st year Cap number is generally the lowest Cap number of the contract, and with a relatively tight Cap, a new deal would allow the Ravens to allocate whatever other Cap Space they have to address other areas of need. Under a long-term deal, depending on the structure of the contract, Flacco’s 2013 Cap number would likely be in the $5-7M range.

I don't understand how they can keep it as low as that if they are going to be giving him a signing bonus probably at least in the $40m range. $40m/5 = $8m cap hit for the bonus alone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
ravens5520 wrote:
Quote:

I don't understand how they can keep it as low as that if they are going to be giving him a signing bonus probably at least in the $40m range. $40m/5 = $8m cap hit for the bonus alone.

Maybe they lower the signing bonus but throw in guaranteed money elseswhere - say an option bonus next year, some guaranteed base salary etc

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
mcdni wrote:
ravens5520 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe they lower the signing bonus but throw in guaranteed money elseswhere - say an option bonus next year, some guaranteed base salary etc

While I'm a fan of the option bonus and guaranteed salary... I'm not a fan of their idea of having Flacco only make $7/8m in 2013... that would be an incredibly short sited deal. That would cripple us further into the future.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
mcdni wrote:
ravens5520 wrote:
Quote:

While I'm a fan of the option bonus and guaranteed salary... I'm not a fan of their idea of having Flacco only make $7/8m in 2013... that would be an incredibly short sited deal. That would cripple us further into the future.

My guess is that the author meant the 1st year salary,

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: