Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A question to my fellow Ravens Fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: A question to my fellow Ravens Fans Reply with quote

This is more of a what if kind of question.

As we all know Joe is about to get paid what is likely top 5 money for a quarterback somewere between 16-20 million a year im guessing.
His agent is saying he should be paid as the best quarterback like an agent would.

Which could also mean loosing a load of free agents

So my question is this would it enter baltimore head at all in Franchising Joe n trading him for 2 1st Rounders. Could possibly be Kansas 1 pick in this draft and another first next year. Which would probably be a high draft pick aswell (sorry chiefs fans) and picking up say Alex Smith??? and the possibility of keeping the likes of Reed , Ellerbe, and Kruger.

I no this is highly unlikely but food for thought.

Keep your MVP Quarterback and pay him?? or Lose him pick up to First rounders and keep a few starters on a superbowl winning Defence??
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams try for decades to find a Super Bowl caliber QB. You don't just give them away when you actually find one. Kruger and Ellerbe are nice. But we've lost a lot better before and remained a playoff team.

And Alex Smith sucks.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell no. You keep a QB that's shown the ability to win a Superbowl regardless of the price. Is the extra $4 million per year (if you think he's worth $16 million but he gets $20 million) make that big of a difference? It would just be stupid to trade him away and pretty much completely rebuild with a new QB. Especially when the likes of Alex Smith and any of the QBs in this draft class are the alternatives.

Aside from maybe Reed there aren't any core guys Baltimore would be losing in free agency this season anyways. I like Kruger and Ellerbe but they're not players you build around. Cary Williams is Cary Williams, that's all that needs to be said about him.
Integrity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Teams try for decades to find a Super Bowl caliber QB. You don't just give them away when you actually find one.

Why not? We have once before! Wink

Just kidding, there's no way Joe Flacco is not a Raven next season.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: A question to my fellow Ravens Fans Reply with quote

r_sayle wrote:

As we all know Joe is about to get paid what is likely top 5 money for a quarterback somewere between 16-20 million a year im guessing.
His agent is saying he should be paid as the best quarterback like an agent would.

So my question is this would it enter baltimore head at all in Franchising Joe n trading him for 2 1st Rounders. Could possibly be Kansas 1 pick in this draft and another first next year. Which would probably be a high draft pick aswell (sorry chiefs fans) and picking up say Alex Smith??? and the possibility of keeping the likes of Reed , Ellerbe, and Kruger.

Keep your MVP Quarterback and pay him?? or Lose him pick up to First rounders and keep a few starters on a superbowl winning Defence??

Yeah, I tried this thread when Flacco was sucking, its not gonna go over well now.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: A question to my fellow Ravens Fans Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
r_sayle wrote:

Yeah, I tried this thread when Flacco was sucking, its not gonna go over well now.

I disagree that he was sucking, but that's besides the point. It didn't even go over well then, so yea...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Hell no. You keep a QB that's shown the ability to win a Superbowl regardless of the price. Is the extra $4 million per year (if you think he's worth $16 million but he gets $20 million) make that big of a difference?

As a counter to that point, would it make such a big deal to Flacco to take $16m per year and have that $4m to spend on a favorite target or an O-Lineman to protect his [inappropriate/removed]?

Mckinnie got $4m this year. Jacoby Jones is about to get $4m for 2013. We saw what the O-Line looked like when we had a good LT and RT playing. We saw how good Jacoby was for Joe when his line was protecting him and he had time to find Jacoby.

So my question is, does Joe really need that extra cash at the expense of 1 or 2 pieces that helped him look elite in the playoffs?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe doesn't owe it to anyone to take less money than he is worth. Ozzie is good at his job. He can figure out a way to keep the roster good. Other teams with top QBs do it.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Hell no. You keep a QB that's shown the ability to win a Superbowl regardless of the price. Is the extra $4 million per year (if you think he's worth $16 million but he gets $20 million) make that big of a difference?

As a counter to that point, would it make such a big deal to Flacco to take $16m per year and have that $4m to spend on a favorite target or an O-Lineman to protect his [inappropriate/removed]?

Mckinnie got $4m this year. Jacoby Jones is about to get $4m for 2013. We saw what the O-Line looked like when we had a good LT and RT playing. We saw how good Jacoby was for Joe when his line was protecting him and he had time to find Jacoby.

So my question is, does Joe really need that extra cash at the expense of 1 or 2 pieces that helped him look elite in the playoffs?

Yes, because those positions/players are infinitely more replaceable than franchise QBs. It's not even a contest really.
r_sayle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I hear what you guys are saying but what if KC threw in Cassel as a sweetener to the deal....... I kid
r_sayle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok another question. Say u have luck and RG III in this years class would u take 2 firsts knowing u have the chance of one of those 2 QB's or would you stick with our MVP QB and his likely 16-20 million contract
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think both are overrated and will never be close to what Joe is. So no. Even if it was a prospect I really like I wouldn't roll the dice on an unknown when we already have one of the best in the game. Plus, Joe is our guy. I want him to be a Raven for life. Have no interest in anyone but Joe being our QB.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think both are overrated and will never be close to what Joe is. So no. Even if it was a prospect I really like I wouldn't roll the dice on an unknown when we already have one of the best in the game. Plus, Joe is our guy. I want him to be a Raven for life. Have no interest in anyone but Joe being our QB.

Exactly. You don't just dump your QB after winning a Superbowl, especially when the QB in question played at an all-time great level in that Superbowl run. He's worth the money coming to him.
r_sayle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I say I'm a huge flacco fan. N I wouldn't change him for anyone. I'm just playing devils advocate n what ifs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: