Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pick a WR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is largely why i favor trading Harvin for a late first or an early 2nd rd pick. Harvin doesnt have to be replaced as a slot receiver, Jarius Wright can replace him and he is on the roster. So essentially, that extra 2nd rd pick (or maybe late first), is a bonus pick that can be used to address any number of needs on defense or outside WR.

I would be very comfortable with Wright as a top 3 WR for this team.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meixdaddy_10 wrote:
vikes635 wrote:
meixdaddy_10 wrote:
jam8891 wrote:
Well, I believe we choose not get rid of Harvin despite what "sources" are saying the opposite.. My opinion is that, the Vikings do not go out and sign a high-profile receiver like Jennings, Wallace, or Bowe but rather go out and sign a second tier WR like Massaquoi, Amendola, or Hartline. Of course they're are more I just don't feel like naming them all. Then with the First Rd selection, they pick a WR like Coradelle Patterson, Terrence Williams, or Keenan Allen. I do not know how many people will agree but thats what I feel would be the best approach to the off-season.

This to an extent. I think people are trying to go overkill on WR's. Yes its our Biggest Priority for this off-season but look at it from a practical standpoint.

Re-signing Harvin should be Priority #1 no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

We need a #2 to go next to him preferably in the form of a down-field threat. This can be done through one of the mentioned tier 2 receivers. If not then look to RD 1 for a playmaker.

We have Wright as our #3 and i think we can resign Simpson to be a reliable #4. I think we can find a good developmental type in rds 4-5.

Dont forget we have Rudolph as a threat as well.

Thats all we really need for our offense. Its a run first offense and all we need is a semblence of a passing game and we're golden..look at the Houston and Green Bay games this year and tell me we cant win against great teams.

If we Resign Harvin, go grab Jennings and then Draft WR in RD 1, what happens to the development of Wright? Or even the RD1 receiver?

There is only one football to throw to all these guys and most of the time its going to AP. Harvin gets the next most amount of touches. ANy #1 type WR is going to get some and then Rudolph. That leaves maybe 5-6 attempts per game to go to WR's #3-5 if theyre even open.

I want the best team as possible but too many weapons means someone isnt happy and youngsters are not developing.

Ideally we resign Harvin and sign Jennings. We then dont have to draft WR til rd 3 or 4.. Id wait til 4 and go defense with first 3 picks. DT, LB and CB or S.

Defense wins Championships. All you need is an offense that can get the job done and with Ponders development i think we dont have to go overkill on offense.

i agree i want harvin back before siging a big name wr if we decide to get rid of harvin than i want wallace or bowe NOT jennings! i think if we sign a 2nd or 3rd teir wr and draft a wide out in 1st or 2nd rnd and let the fa and rookie battle for the number 2 spot and wright in the slot would be ideal. Free Agent pick up would be nice if it was barden

I agree if we lose Harvin it has to be a true #1 star...Jennings is more of a #2 at this point in his career and would be a great compliment to Harvin. No Harvin = major problems!!!!

Yea, my main point is that we do not need 2 big money WR's. Lets just pay Harvin what he deserves then get a WR who can stretch the field (it doesnt have to be a big name free agent) just a real vertical threat and then draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd rd. That way, a respectable deep threat will open more lanes for Harvin and Rudolph. All the while making it easier to develop a promising young player like Wright and whoever the front office decides to draft. Either it be Patterson, Allen, or Williams.
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was browsing the Ravens forum....there is concern that Boldin could be a cap casualty. If he hits the market what's his worth? Do we add him to the mix of potential WR options? I think the answer is yes!! I know he is "older" (32), i think he got like 6 million last year. I think him and Harvin would be great and if they draft someone they draft someone. Thoughts?
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Percy still wants out this offseason, maybe we could give the Rams a call and work out Harvin for Amendola deal.

I'd like to see the Vikings get Jennings in free agency and the draft a speedy receiver.

On another note, I'm also still holding out hope for Manti Te'o. Maybe we can get him in the second with all the bad publicity. Laughing

Elisha Cuthbert - Yet another hottie who loves wearing purple and white. Very Happy Go Vikings!

Big props to gopherwrestler for this awesome sig!
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the Gophers are getting his brother tomorrow, maybe the Vikings should try to sign Braylon Edwards.
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:
Was browsing the Ravens forum....there is concern that Boldin could be a cap casualty. If he hits the market what's his worth? Do we add him to the mix of potential WR options? I think the answer is yes!! I know he is "older" (32), i think he got like 6 million last year. I think him and Harvin would be great and if they draft someone they draft someone. Thoughts?

If the price is right i'm all for it. Seems like a great target for Ponder, Boldin is one of the most reliable 3rd down recievers I've ever seen.

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikeManDan wrote:

Don't remember where I read it, but hopefully Boldin is let go, even if we don't sign him, if Miami grabs him (or St. Louis) that will mean that there are less teams in the running for other WR's.

DJpillz317

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Quinton Patton a lot; if we don't go WR in the 1st, I'd pull the trigger on him in the 2nd for sure (in the case Harvin gets extended). Patton, Wright, Harvin, and Rudolph; that sounds good to me!

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
VikeManDan wrote:

Don't remember where I read it, but hopefully Boldin is let go, even if we don't sign him, if Miami grabs him (or St. Louis) that will mean that there are less teams in the running for other WR's.

True that, because I would love to get my hands on Keenan Allen or Cordarrele Patterson in the 1st if Harvin is gone.

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love me some Danny Amendola, but if the Patriots let Welker walk, he's theirs. There is no way they let him walk.

I'm still okay with trading Percy Harvin and getting a late first like Houston's, or early 2nd like KC's.

and ideally, draft either Keenan Allen, Cordarelle Patterson (both whom I expect gone before #23) or Justin and pick up Greg Jennings.

With our top 3 (assuming its Jennings/Hunter/Wright) we could any 1 of them play in the slot for our system perhaps.

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but thats my dream scenario.

oh, and maybe Greg Childs fully recovers and comes in as the #4, followed by Stephen Burton.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For the second straight offseason, the Vikings are looking to upgrade their receiving corps to enliven a sputtering passing attack. For perspective, the team’s top three receivers in 2012 – Percy Harvin, Michael Jenkins and Jerome Simpson -- combined for 128 catches, 1,400 yards and five touchdowns. Detroit’s Calvin Johnson alone had 122 grabs, 1,965 yards and five scores.

So just where might the Vikings’ turn this offseason for receiving help? They’ll have options just about everywhere. With that in mind, we’re giving you a look at 12 potential targets.

Greg Jennings – This is the most popular name suggested by fans. And at first glance, it seems perfectly logical.

Quinton Patton – A second-team All-American at Louisiana Tech, Patton averaged nine catches and 116 receiving yards per game with 13 touchdowns last season. He’s quick and he’s smooth. He’s competitive and he’s a high character kid as well.

Aaron Mellette – Yes, he played at Elon, a Football Championship Subdivision program that plays in the Southern Conference. So that smaller school stigma will exist. But as a senior Mellette had 97 catches, 1,408 yards and 18 TDs, enough to earn him invitations to the Senior Bowl and the NFL Combine.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/blogs/193070651.html

Thx to Uncle Buck!
usdvikes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I want to trade Harvin.

He does not have the right attitude that we are building towards. If he doesn't get the ball he gets upset, which holds the team back. The fact that we are talking about whether or not Percy wants to be in Minnesota should tell people all they need to know.

If we can trade him for a 2nd, do it. We have Wright who in limited time showed some flashes that he could be a very good slot receiver. Using our second round pick acquired for Harvin, we could take one of the bigger receivers with better route running abilities. I think there is plenty of talent to be had at WR this year, and it will save us the headache of having Harvin around. He hasn't had to fight for a spot, and I think his entitled attitude is a detriment to the team.
Boda

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my list of guys I want in Order:

Mike Wallace
Greg Jennings
Randy Moss
Devery Henderson
Jerome Simpson
Ted Ginn

Obviously if we miss out on the first four on my list I'd like to just bring back Simpson and hope a second year in the system playing with Ponder helps the connection out. I really want us to draft a WR in this years draft though that we can develop and there won't necessarily be all the pressure on them needing to be our #1 of #2 guy. I think Randy Moss could be a good fit and won't cost no where near as much as either Jennings or Wallace
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd jut like to come out and say that I am not so high on Cordarrelle Patterson, and I don't know why he is considered the #1 receiver by some in the class. I get that he is physically gifted and has a high ceiling, but I still view his teammate Justin Hunter as a better prospect. From what I can tell, Patterson is no good at blocking in the run, and is sloppy with his routes. I have several guys ahead of him in my personal rankings, and I'm just looking for a little more explanation from people on what I am apparently missing about him.

"NIGHT STALKERS DON'T QUIT"
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
I'd jut like to come out and say that I am not so high on Cordarrelle Patterson, and I don't know why he is considered the #1 receiver by some in the class. I get that he is physically gifted and has a high ceiling, but I still view his teammate Justin Hunter as a better prospect. From what I can tell, Patterson is no good at blocking in the run, and is sloppy with his routes. I have several guys ahead of him in my personal rankings, and I'm just looking for a little more explanation from people on what I am apparently missing about him.

You could say the same things about Hunter. He is hardly a good route runner and Hunter's hands appear to be more questionable than Patterson. Patterson also has great bulk and appears to be a much better underneath receiver.

I get the love for a big play threat, but the reality is, a receiver is going to be successful in the NFL for what they can do in the intermediate passing game. Right now, Patterson is ahead of Hunter in that regard.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: