Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Perfect Offseason To Fill Every Need

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loomis50

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Perfect Offseason To Fill Every Need Reply with quote

Cut
Quintin Mikell
Wayne Hunter

Re-Sign
William Hayes
Danny Amendola
Rob Turner

Free Agents
Phil Loadholt
LaGarrett Blount
William Moore

Draft
1- Jarvis Jones
1- Kenny Vaccaro
2- Da'Rick Rogers
3- Kyle Long
4- Joseph Fauria
5- Tyrann Mathieu
6- Denard Robinson
7- BPA[/b]
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jarvis Jones fell to 16 I would hope he would be the pick, at this point its all up to his physical. Now i will say that if Warmack is also available at 16 I would prefer Warmack because he is safer and still an elite type player.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's nice and all but it doesn't really matter if it fills our needs if it's unattainable. And we do not have the salary cap to sign and re-sign all those players especially without cutting more guys including Steven.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a fan at all. Jarvis jones has spinal stenosis. A degenerative disease of the neck. Something so secede that USC didn't want him playing on their team which is why he transferred to Georgia. Does he have talent? Yes. Is he undersized? Yes absolutely. I'm a Texas fan and love KVIII but I want a playmaking received with our second 1st round pick. I will admit I do like Rogers alot and would like to see him in the horns. He just seems a little of a head case. I'm ok with kyle long and Joseph Fauria but Denard Robinson and Tyrann Mathieu are waste of picks IMO. Both project players with minimal upside. I'm not sure why everyone is so ennamored with Tyrann. He is undersized, takes bad angles and is a liability against bigger recievers. I really wouldn't want to use a 5th round pick on a KR. And like I said Denard would be a waste of a pick.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
Not a fan at all. Jarvis jones has spinal stenosis. A degenerative disease of the neck. Something so secede that USC didn't want him playing on their team which is why he transferred to Georgia. Does he have talent? Yes. Is he undersized? Yes absolutely.

People really go overboard with this. Is it a concern? Definitely, but he was medically cleared to play at Georgia. When the average career in the NFL is between 3-4 years anyway, not sure why people wanna remove a guy like this. Point is, anyone person who walks out on the field could be a ticking time-bomb...

Rams were fortunate enough to have Robert Quinn slide to them in the draft because of his medical condition. There medical staff cleared him and they got a good player. I'd expect the exact same thing if the scenario arose...

Also, not sure where this "undersized" notion is coming from. He's 6'2 and 240 plus lbs. He's got plenty of bulk needed to play as a SLB and situational pass-rusher in our defense...

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
I really wouldn't want to use a 5th round pick on a KR. And like I said Denard would be a waste of a pick.

Why would it be a waste of a pick? The Rams were in the bottom tier for return yard averages and starting field position. It's definitely another concern that needs to be addressed...

I'd have no problem spending a 5th round pick (which often, don't pan out to even make a roster) on a KR/PR...

IDOG_det on the sig...
jjab360

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Jarvis Jones falls to our pick, that would be crazy. We already have the best pass rushing team in the league, adding another element to our pass rush would be like adding Megatron to the Patriots.

If we got a veteran DC like - Jauron, there's no way wouldnt be a top 3 defense by as soon as next year, especially not after filling the S positions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jjab360 wrote:
If Jarvis Jones falls to our pick, that would be crazy. We already have the best pass rushing team in the league, adding another element to our pass rush would be like adding Megatron to the Patriots.

If we got a veteran DC like - Jauron, there's no way wouldnt be a top 3 defense by as soon as next year, especially not after filling the S positions.

This. What a front 7. Whoa. I'm not worried about his injury all that much, Quinn had a brain tumor (still does?) for crap sakes, I trust the doctors if they say he's good to play.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Loomis50

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Warmack fell to 16 we take him and not get Loadholt and grab Daryl smith in FA Denard could give us a brad smith type player but at ad shorter Matheiu is a tdon holiday type of guy who can play D
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
Not a fan at all. Jarvis jones has spinal stenosis. A degenerative disease of the neck. Something so secede that USC didn't want him playing on their team which is why he transferred to Georgia. Does he have talent? Yes. Is he undersized? Yes absolutely. I'm a Texas fan and love KVIII but I want a playmaking received with our second 1st round pick. I will admit I do like Rogers alot and would like to see him in the horns. He just seems a little of a head case. I'm ok with kyle long and Joseph Fauria but Denard Robinson and Tyrann Mathieu are waste of picks IMO. Both project players with minimal upside. I'm not sure why everyone is so ennamored with Tyrann. He is undersized, takes bad angles and is a liability against bigger recievers. I really wouldn't want to use a 5th round pick on a KR. And like I said Denard would be a waste of a pick.

Man, how in the world did a KR ever become one of the best defensive players in CFB?

Ah right, just played a lot of terrible competition. No talent at all.

Nah man, Tyrann is MUCH better than you're giving him credit for. MUCH better.

Why are people enamored with him? Defensive and special teams play-maker that forces a ridiculous amount of turnovers, can man up in coverage, elite instincts and can make tackles in space. Perfect fit at slot CB or FS in the NFL.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Wr80

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually really like this draft, our defense easily starts becoming a top 5 in the league. Our offense with this could actually be potent and dangerous. I'm digging it.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:

Man, how in the world did a KR ever become one of the best defensive players in CFB?

Why are people enamored with him? Defensive and special teams play-maker that forces a ridiculous amount of turnovers, can man up in coverage, elite instincts and can make tackles in space. Perfect fit at slot CB or FS in the NFL.

I agree. I'd love Honey Badger

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:

I agree. I'd love Honey Badger

If we aren't careful, we are going to end up like the Portland Jailblazers of old.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blount is a RFA and I doubt he won't be tendered. I anticipate William Moore will be Franchised. But if not, bringing the Missouri product to St. Louis makes tons of sense.

Vikings should Franchised Loadholt at least as a placeholder. For Paul Bodreau's blocking system, Will Svitek or Sam Baker makes more sense from my perspective.

On another note, FO should inquire on both Michael Roos & David Stewart in Tennessee. Test that avenue.

Jarvis Jones is a tremendous player with medical issues. Question is how you project him in the scheme. Without a DC at this point, your guess is as good as mine. Not Picking in the top 10. Tried it last year with Michael Brockers.

Finding IMPACT players in the Teens requires taking on risk. It's that simple. Clean players go Top 10.

2011:
13. Detroit: Nick Fairley DT Auburn
14. St. Louis: Robert Quinn DE UNC

2010:
14. New York Giants: Jason Pierre-Paul DE USF

My point being- Jarvis Jones might be out of the league in 3 years due to the spin, but at 16- He's the player that could take the Defense to the next level. First time I've contemplated Jarvis to STL, it intrigues me.

Kenny Vaccaro is a tremendous pick. In a league desperate for Safety Play, pairing Vaccaro & Moore forms a dynamite tandem.

Da'Rick Rogers off the field issues I'm comfortable with having done some research. I think he'll go top of Round 2.

Kyle Long to the Rams is a fun pick. If it happens, I wouldn't be surprised.

You select the guys every team is coveting late- Tyrann Mathieu & Denard Robinson. I anticipate Mathieu comes off the board in Round 4. I think Denard Robinson is a CB at the next level.

Great Read. Interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: