Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jennings, Wallace, or Bowe.... why not 2?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, just watched the video. Jennings wants to be here, let's make it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5329/mike-wallace

Quote:
The Miami Herald's "sense" is that the Dolphins will pursue free agent Mike Wallace, with free agent Greg Jennings "also in the mix."
Jennings' relationship with coach Joe Philbin has made him a frequent target of Dolphins rumors, but it's Wallace who's one of the league's fastest players and entering his prime. However, Wallace should command a much larger commitment, both in years and dollars. That might not be a problem for Miami, as a "close associate" of owner Stephen Ross tells the Herald he's prepared to "spend a lot of money."

If we sign Wallace and some how Jennings, i believe Hartline will be gone. I think we only sign both if we can't come to terms with Hartline. Ross does like to spend so I think he will sign Wallace and Jennings. I just see it happening.

If we sign both, I think we will go pass rush and OL in the draft.

Just to add, Hartline is asking 5-6 million. I think you can get Greg Jennings for that price, and that will allow us to sign Mike Wallace while letting Hartine walk.

UniversalAuthor
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:

Quote:
The Miami Herald's "sense" is that the Dolphins will pursue free agent Mike Wallace, with free agent Greg Jennings "also in the mix."
Jennings' relationship with coach Joe Philbin has made him a frequent target of Dolphins rumors, but it's Wallace who's one of the league's fastest players and entering his prime. However, Wallace should command a much larger commitment, both in years and dollars. That might not be a problem for Miami, as a "close associate" of owner Stephen Ross tells the Herald he's prepared to "spend a lot of money."

If we sign Wallace and some how Jennings, i believe Hartline will be gone. I think we only sign both if we can't come to terms with Hartline. Ross does like to spend so I think he will sign Wallace and Jennings. I just see it happening.

Just to add, Hartline is asking 5-6 million. I think you can get Greg Jennings for that price, and that will allow us to sign Mike Wallace while letting Hartine walk.

As much of a supporter of Hartline as one can be I would be fine with this...TE, O-line, CB, DE in the draft....where the can....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we could get Wallace and Jennings then I am fine with letting Hartline walk as much as I want him to stay a Fin.

But I don't see how the Fins sign two of the top three WR's in FA. If we do, it would make us a very legit team and give us so many more options in the draft.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:

Quote:

I love the idea of signing both. I think they both bring different styles that could work. Match them with Bess it could be pretty good corp. From what it sounds like is we are looking to fill offense in FA so we can look to the defense in the draft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could anyone see us getting Wallace and Jennings while letting Hartline walk. Then taking Eifert with our first pick in the second and Swope with our 4th.

1.Wallace
2.Jennings
3.Bess
4.Swope
5.Matthews
6.Moore

I like that core a lot.
ProudDolphan47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Jennings is a great piece to an offense, but he is not the end all solution. I think our experience with Brandon Marshall should have proved that to us. You can't expect to sign Jennings and keep Hartline and Bess and have your problems solved. It's much deeper than that and Jennings is NOT that type of player. You don't run your offense through Greg Jennings. Just some words to keep the expectations at bay.

Warpticon wrote:
I think Mike Wallace made a mistake because *throws turd at wall*
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ojmcduff wrote:
Could anyone see us getting Wallace and Jennings while letting Hartline walk. Then taking Eifert with our first pick in the second and Swope with our 4th.

1.Wallace
2.Jennings
3.Bess
4.Swope
5.Matthews
6.Moore

I like that core a lot.
Getting wallace and jennings is fantasy land.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Jennings is obviously the perfect WR for this team, but as PD said he isn't the end all. In a perfect world we get Jennings, Henderson and either Hartline or a Markus Wheaton type. Bess and Hartline don't create fear in a defense. Having the ability to put Jennings, Henderson, Hartline and Wheaton does. Henderson can do what Wallace does in stretching the field, is less of a headache and easier on the wallet.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg Jennings is obviously the perfect WR for this team, but as PD said he isn't the end all. In a perfect world we get Jennings, Henderson and either Hartline or a Markus Wheaton type. Bess and Hartline don't create fear in a defense. Having the ability to put Jennings, Henderson, Hartline and Wheaton does. Henderson can do what Wallace does in stretching the field, is less of a headache and easier on the wallet.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to See Wallace or Jennings here, to be honest. Wallace and Bowe or Jennings and Bowe. Pretty please

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace is a great talent with speed to spare, but he is still a little raw. Jennings may be the better fit for the Phins especially in helping the development of Tannehill. I look at it in the same way that Wayne was helpful to Luck....a go to guy who is going to be in the right spot.

I could see Wallace and Jennings both signing with the Phins (though I doubt it happens) the difference in price between Hartline and Jennings or Wallace and Jennings and Wallace is maybe 3 - 4 million which the Phins easily have, though I prefer they use those extra millions to upgrade the O-line.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt want to start another thread but seems like Ireland knows one of our WR's who will be going into camp.

Rishard Matthews - WR - Dolphins

Quote:
Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland said he has high hopes for WR Rishard Matthews in 2013.

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/nfl/mia/miami-dolphins

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I like what he did for us last year. Can't ask for much more from a seventh rounder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: