Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Genuine likelihood of you guys trading up in the 1st?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Genuine likelihood of you guys trading up in the 1st? Reply with quote

I have seen mock after mock having you guys be the team that trades up early in the draft. Mostly to go after a LT prospect.

Honestly, I think it's lazy mocking because your team has 2 first rounders. SO it makes it easy to see you as a trade partner.

But in my mind this is not at all a Jeff Fisher move. Nor did I think you had that desperate a need at LT that it's something you'd do.

I was hoping to get your input on this. 1. on the likelihood of trading up. And 2. on the need at LT for you guys.
I thought Saffold was doing well, but some rumor that he could be switched to RT. Please give some insight on that too. All in all I don't buy much of it, but you guys would know more than I would.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if anything a trade DOWN is more likely.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
I think if anything a trade DOWN is more likely.

Yeah, that's what I have been saying. You traded down last year and it seems to be your draft philosophy ala Belichick style. But since you have 2 1sts, everyone mocking loves to have you trade up. It's simply easy to create a trade up of fair value with your team because of that.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0%.

I don't see a reason to trade up.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
Jonezy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a CHANCE we move up a couple spots

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
S-jax39

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very high, sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one see what I did there? Sad

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
There's a CHANCE we move up a couple spots

I see what you did there Smile Still, would not be happy even if the trade up was for CHANCE. Trading up for guard and thus using some of our other picks doesn't seem logical to me. Sit there and see who falls or trade down.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has to be somebody worth trading up for. Which there doesn't seem to be this year that's a big enough need to warrant it. Likes been said, trade down is very real possiblity. Sneed seems to put value on having many draft picks.

Sig courtesy of SJax39

Adopt a Ram
Sam Bradford
159-262 1687 yards 14 TD 4 INT
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Genuine likelihood of you guys trading up in the 1st? Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
I have seen mock after mock having you guys be the team that trades up early in the draft. Mostly to go after a LT prospect.

Honestly, I think it's lazy mocking because your team has 2 first rounders. SO it makes it easy to see you as a trade partner.

But in my mind this is not at all a Jeff Fisher move. Nor did I think you had that desperate a need at LT that it's something you'd do.

I was hoping to get your input on this. 1. on the likelihood of trading up. And 2. on the need at LT for you guys.
I thought Saffold was doing well, but some rumor that he could be switched to RT. Please give some insight on that too. All in all I don't buy much of it, but you guys would know more than I would.

not very likely at all. Pro football focus had Saffold as one of the pass blockers in the entire NFL this year.

So basically we'd be passing on our real needs, interior line, wide receiver or any offensive playmaker, safety and outside linebacker to improve a position we are already set at.

Really it just seems like a lot of fans would love to see their team trade down and since the Rams have two firsts well let's find a way to get us those two firsts.

It breaks down to a lack of knowledge of other teams because Saffold has been very, very good 2 of his 3 years as a Ram.

I won't even get in to the fact Fisher has never(I mean never) drafted an offensive linemen in the first round in his 17 years as a head coach or the fact Snead's draft philosophy has seen him favoring trading down rather than trading up.

to summarize

1. we don't have a need at LT instead a strength
2. our needs actually match with our 16 and 22 picks better than a top 10
3. our head coach doesn't value offensive linemen enough to spend one first on them so what's the chances of two firsts?
4. Lastly we didn't give up a chance to draft a superstar QB so we could fill multiple holes all so we might(because there is no guarantee Joeckel or Fisher will be better than Saffold) get an upgrade at LT.
jjab360

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give it a 4% chance. It would require an elite guy like Jarvis, Star, or Fisher falling further than they were supposed to and the Rams getting anxious and feeling like they won't make it to 16 and they just have to have that guy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
No one see what I did there? Sad

i see what you did there... but there's no CHANCE that our WAR room will be willing to trade up for big MACks

see what i did there?

Every one feel free to send your Bitcoins here:
16o9K2FJ7qYtGR2mypgFnQ2ee5H3p4vnR7

Rams Rams Rams

Kanye West= the GOAT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: