Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Bites: Green Bay Packer updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 80, 81, 82  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Three days after a historically pathetic performance by the Packersí defense, Packers coach Mike McCarthy says that the man who runs the defense will be back in 2013, possibly to have another historically pathetic performance in the postseason. McCarthy told reporters on Tuesday that Dom Capers will be back. Sort of.

Via ESPN.com, McCarthy said that he is ďvery confidentĒ Capers will return in 2013, but that McCarthy plans to evaluate everyone.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/mccarthy-confident-capers-will-be-back-as-defensive-coordinator/

I support this decision!
PurplePeterson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They would be stupid to keep Dom for another year but I would not complain if they do!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Greene has known and worked with Dom Capers for decades, so itís no surprise the Packers outside linebackers coach will defend his defensive coordinator. Itís the colorful manner in which he defended him which is so fantastic. Asked if Capers deserved to keep his job, Greene was adamant.

Greene: ďDoes a fat baby fart? Big time. Absolutely. No doubt about it. Heís the same guy that took a defense from No. 24 to No. 5, or No. 2, then the Super Bowl year weíre No. 5. Heís the same guy. This is the same system. I mean, yeah, Dom is without a doubt the right guy. I think thatís about it there.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/15/criticism-of-capers-gives-greene-indigestion/

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Dom certainly did a poor job that game, I don't think you can fire him on the basis of that. Let's not forget how bad the Packers' defense was under Bob Sanders.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the "what if" file, we take you back to the spring of 1996. Ray Lewis is a middle linebacker out of the University of Miami considered too small by many teams. The Green Bay Packers were not one of them. The Packers had already written Lewis' name on the card to be the 27th selection of the 1996 NFL Draft. The Baltimore Ravens grabbed him at No. 26 and the rest is history.

"That's what happened," Kansas City Chiefs general manager John Dorsey told Milwaukee Journal Sentinal reporter Bob McGinn. "You never know." Dorsey worked in the Packers' front office for 22 years before the Chiefs hired him after the regular season.

Green Bay took tackle John Michels instead.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000134034/article/green-bay-packers-missed-out-on-ray-lewis-by-one-pick

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brett Favre probably would have won another ring or two if the Packers had Ray Lewis on there defense.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Saturday night, at the NFLís second annual postseason awards show, current Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers and former Packers quarterback Brett Favre made a joint appearance. Rodgers said Tuesday that he hopes itís the first step in a new era between Rodgers, Favre, and the franchise.

Rodgers: ďAs the face of the franchise now, it's a role that I take very seriously. I have the responsibility and enjoy having the opportunity to represent my team. I think itís important to realize that it is probably time to move forward. Brett is two years removed from the game. Heís going to obviously be in the Packers Hall of Fame. Heíll get his number retired, and heíll be in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in the next few years. Itís important, I think, to make sure that heís recognized for all the accomplishments that heís achieved in our organization especially. Heís still very dear to many of our fans for the things that heís done for the Packers on the field. You can never take that away.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/05/aaron-rodgers-thinks-its-time-for-favre-to-re-enter-packers-family/

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers released Charles Woodson today Shocked
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:

That's interesting, although not surprising. He is 37 years old and has a huge contract.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:

That's interesting, although not surprising. He is 37 years old and has a huge contract.

could be one of those release and re-sign a new contract situations.

Webmaster wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Klomp wrote:

could be one of those release and re-sign a new contract situations.

wouldn't it just be easier to restructure or for him to just take a pay cut (like Michael Jenkins did for us)?

I don't know...I think its the end of the line for Woodson and the Packers.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
wouldn't it just be easier to restructure or for him to just take a pay cut (like Michael Jenkins did for us)?

I don't know...I think its the end of the line for Woodson and the Packers.

This is why

Quote:
ď@JasonLaCanfora: The Packers have announced the release of CB Charles Woodson, who was set to count about $11M against the cap.Ē
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers coach Mike McCarthy was asked at the Scouting Combine if his team has grown soft. He didnít care for the suggestion.

McCarthy: ďTo me, weíre a physical, tough football team. I totally disagree. I donít know how you can put the tape on and say the Green Bay Packers arenít physical. How do we play any different from the approach, the identity today that we did in 2010? How do you swing that far? You donít go from here to here.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/27/mike-mccarthy-doesnt-want-to-hear-that-the-packers-are-soft/

the 49ers certainly swung them around, that's for sure.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers are reportedly torn about what to do with tight end Jermichael Finley this offseason, but Finley is a bit less conflicted. Finley told ESPN.com that he hasnít heard anything from the Packers yet about addressing his contract, which has him set to count $8.75 million against the cap in 2013. Should they be planning to give him a call and ask about the possibility of a pay cut, they might as well save their breath.

Finley: ďIíd have to walk for sure, meaning I couldnít take a pay cut. Maybe Iíd restructure if itís a deal that I like and it makes sense, but Iím not the guy thatís just going to sign anything and let anything pass. Iím not that guy. Other than that, taking a pay cut or restructuring doesnít sound good to me at this time. I like my deal. I start training in Minneapolis tomorrow and Iím more inspired than ever to start next season off right and be the tight end I know I can be. Itís all business at the end of the day. I just love what I do.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/28/jermichael-finley-says-he-wont-take-a-pay-cut/

Webmaster wrote:
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does he train in Minneapolis?

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 49 of 82

Jump to: