Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Full First Round Mock Draft with analysis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TDNiners

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Full First Round Mock Draft with analysis Reply with quote

1. Chiefs - Luke Joekel, OT, Texas A&M - Even with Brandon Albert, the Chiefs take the best OT in the draft to help protect whoever they have playing at QB. Either Luke or Brandon move to RT. Andy Reid witnessed what a bad o-line can do to a team.
2. Jaguars - Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M - Aggies go 1-2 and the Jags hope they FINALLY have the pass rusher they have been seeking.
3. Raiders - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah - Some say he's the #1 player overall but he slides to the Raiders at #3 as Oakland waves goodbye to Richard Seymour.
4. Eagles - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama - DRC is a free agent and the team may decide to cut Nnamdi. Milliner is a physical corner with star potential.
5. Lions - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State - The Lions will try to trade out of this spot after seeing their tager Milliner go the pick before. But with no trades here, they take Werner, a soft spoken German that is exactly what the team needs. This allows them to let Cliff Avril go and save money to spend on the secondary.
6. Browns - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama - After reaching and unneccesarily trading up for Trent Richardson, the Browns beef up their o-line with Richardson's former teammate.
7. Cardinals - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia - Jones has the potential to be a Von Miller type OLB in a 3-4 offense like Arizona's.
8. Bills - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan - The Bills finally take a lineman in the first round. Could this be a sign that a QB is next...
9. Jets - Kenny Vacaro, S, Texas - Playing Tom Brady twice a year is taking it's toll. Vacaro is a ball hawk and something the Jets simply do not have in their secondary.
10. Titans - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri - With Arian Foster and MJD in the division, The Titans shore up the D-line with another great Mizzou lineman.
11. Chargers - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU - Mingo has talent, and the Chargers can wait a year for him to take over for Shaun Phillips.
12. Dolphins - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee - The Dolphins have very little in terms of outside weapons. Patterson had the height/weight/speed of a prototypical WR. Tannehill is ellated!
13. Buccaneers - Johnathan Banks, CB, Miss St. - With Aqib Talib finally out of their hair, the Bucs get the next best corner in the draft and hope he can stay in line.
14. Panthers - Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida - Floyd moved in from DE this year and flourished. He has the moves to get to the QB and the strength to hold up against the run. Reminds me of a taller Warren Sapp.
15. Saints - Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina - The Saints defense struggled all year. They need someone to clog the middle and tie up blockers to let their linebackers get free to make plays. Williams is the best on the board.
16. Rams - Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia - Ogletree is crazy athletic and will pair with Laurinitis to form a hell of a LB duo.
17. Steelers - Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio St. - The Steelers desperately need a replacement for Casey Hampton at NT and Hankins has the build and game to do it.
18. Cowboys - Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon - Not sure if the 'Boys are going to run the 4-3 or 3-4 but either way, Jordan can get after the QB. Anthony Spencer is a FA and may walk. Jordan could be the next Demarcus Ware.
19. Giants - Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU - Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck are going to be 30 next year and mey not be around in NY to see 31. Jason Pierre-Paul is one of the best right now, and the Giants give him a running mate to keep the pressure on the opposing QB.
20. Bears - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame - Jay Cutler can't always throw the ball to Brandon Marshall. With Eifert, he gets a big target with soft hands that can work the middle of the field.
21. Bengals - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina - Keeping Dalton on his feet is the Bengals best path back to the post season.
22. Rams (from Redskins) - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama - The Rams o-line has struggled to stay healthy, and when healthy, they just struggled. Fluker is a road grader and reminds me of Anthony Davis a bit.
23. Vikings - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal - Christian Ponder struggled to find anyone not named Rudolph after Percy Harvin was lost for the year. Allen is a big target and has deceptive speed.
24. Colts - Kawan Short, DT, Purdue - Indianapolis had one of the worst run defenses in football. Short should work well as a DE in a 3-4
25. Seahawks - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State - Staying with the big CB route that has worked so well for them, the Seahawks take Rhodes who is a willing hitter and will make Seattle even tougher.
26. Packers - Terrence Williams, WR, Baylor - With Donald Driver retiring and Greg Jennings likely gone, the Packers re-tool their WR corps with a guy that is used to the high tempo sling-it type of offense the Pack runs.
27. Texans - Johnathan Jenkins, DT, Geogia - The Texans are lacking a true 3-4 NT. They don't come much bigger than Jenkins who is 6'4" and north of 360 lbs.
28. Broncos - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU - DE is not Denver's biggest need, but it is the best value. Elvis Dumerville has an injury fillled past, and having multiple pass rushers never hurt the Giants.
29. Patriots - Matt Elam, S, Florida - A bit of a reach here but Saban has a history of striking it rich with Florida guys. Elam allows McCourty to move back to CB.
30. Falcons - Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford - And the rich get richer. Matt Ryan is doing back flips after this pick. If Tony Gonzalez retires, nobody cares, they have his replacement.
31. 49ers - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee - Trent Baalke admits his mistake in over drafting last year with A.J. Jenkins and takes Hunter here. Hunter is a big wiry receiver in the mold of A.J. Green. He immediately becomes the #2 receiver in SF.
32. Ravens - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame - Lenay takes her/his toll on the once top 15 player. But he couldn't fall into a better situation with the Ravens. Coming off the Super Bowl and Ray Lewis retiring, Nobody will expect him to fill those shoes. He can just go in and play football and put his past behind him.
TDNiners

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be a QB taken in the first round, It will be a team trading up from the second round into the 20's. I just did not do trades in this draft. KC, Philly, Buffalo and maybe even Jacksonville would be teams I could see doing that.
49ers Finest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TDNiners wrote:
There will be a QB taken in the first round, It will be a team trading up from the second round into the 20's. I just did not do trades in this draft. KC, Philly, Buffalo and maybe even Jacksonville would be teams I could see doing that.

geno will go top 5.
there will probably be 2-4 qbs taken in the first

new sig... sorry alex
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
31. 49ers - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee - Trent Baalke admits his mistake in over drafting last year with A.J. Jenkins and takes Hunter here. Hunter is a big wiry receiver in the mold of A.J. Green. He immediately becomes the #2 receiver in SF.

I can see Hunter impressing his way up into the late first... so I wouldn't dislike the pick. I'm still too enamored with Datone Jones to pass on him at 31... but Hunter is on my short list of late 1st options.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:

I can see Hunter impressing his way up into the late first... so I wouldn't dislike the pick. I'm still too enamored with Datone Jones to pass on him at 31... but Hunter is on my short list of late 1st options.

Ugh. That was rough to see Ertz taken one pick before ours, but I do not expect our team to 'stay put'. I see a LOT of wheeling and dealing and coming out of this draft with perhaps a handful of players...otherwise, we would be cutting our drafted players as we have at least 11.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't mind hunter in the first. Our wr situation is very cloudy right now.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like out first pick!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Quote:

I say it's a good pick. I was all for drafting a defensive lineman, a backup for Justin Smith and his eventual replacement… but after the Super Bowl we desperately need to draft either the wide receiver that can stretch the field or a good cornerback. But I like the Hunter pick.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cHaInBrEaKeRiii wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
Quote:

I say it's a good pick. I was all for drafting a defensive lineman, a backup for Justin Smith and his eventual replacement… but after the Super Bowl we desperately need to draft either the wide receiver that can stretch the field or a good cornerback. But I like the Hunter pick.

Gonna be crazy how much we are all agreeing, getting along, and happy in the coming days.... Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
Gonna be crazy how much we are all agreeing, getting along, and happy in the coming days.... Shocked

I know, it's crazy. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember a time when Andy Reid had Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan as his starting tackles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: